Broncos Draft at the 9 spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

There is most certainly a risk. I hope the Broncos take it though. I can convince myself any of the top 5-6 QBs could be developed into a legitimate starter under the right circumstances. I don’t care if a 1st or 2nd rd pick. Just pick the right guy.

As you stated, they all have flaws. I just think it will come down to the new HC and OC. Do they believe any of these QBs have the “it” factor that fits the system they want to run. If the believe, then you draft him at #9.

Even if they are a work in progress that takes a half or even full season to prepare him. The coaches have to envision it working. Just like KC, NE, or BALT did. They built their future QB and made it happen. Now it is the Broncos turn.
    It will be interesting to watch the senior bowl, the combine, and workouts. You are right that KC and BALT built their offense around those guys. They both had something special to build around. Something that everyone could see while watching them play. Something elite.

Mac Jones is a slightly different situation, IMO. However, If he was in this draft I think he would clearly be the top guy. And yes, I think his senior year was significantly better than Picketts. And I was not a high on Jones last year, but I think he was a better prospect than these guys.

I think Howell, Willis, or Strong could make sense. I can’t talk myself into the rest of them yet. I can see how those 3 could excel IF things work out. I don’t want a guy that has a ceiling that is middle of the pack. I hope to be surprised by some of the others. I really want a QB but I don’t want to act desperately. That is a recipe for picking busts

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

It will be interesting to watch the senior bowl, the combine, and workouts. You are right that KC and BALT built their offense around those guys. They both had something special to build around. Something that everyone could see while watching them play. Something elite.

Mac Jones is a slightly different situation, IMO. However, If he was in this draft I think he would clearly be the top guy. And yes, I think his senior year was significantly better than Picketts. And I was not a high on Jones last year, but I think he was a better prospect than these guys.

I think Howell, Willis, or Strong could make sense. I can’t talk myself into the rest of them yet. I can see how those 3 could excel IF things work out. I don’t want a guy that has a ceiling that is middle of the pack. I hope to be surprised by some of the others. I really want a QB but I don’t want to act desperately. That is a recipe for picking busts

Ridder usually falls in mocks, and he's a plan B for me if one doesn't fall to me earlier. Not crazy about him, but if one of Howell, Strong, or Ridder falls, I'd be okay with drafting one of them mid 2nd or later. I've had Ridder fall into the 3rd round, and I don't know how realistic that is. Pickett and Willis sometimes fall to the early 2nd, which is automatic for me, but I don't think that's realistic either.

About Jones. You could see plain as day how good he was pre-snap to post-snap compared to just about any college QB you can name. My concern was always the athleticism, and mainly the arm. You see it playing out in the NFL. Patriots were horrible on 3rd and long, and struggled in situations where the defense knew they had to push the ball downfield. I thought Jones was great this year, but I think defenses started adjusting to Jones's limitations more towards the end of the season. I still think Jones is going to be pretty good if I had to guess right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

Howell would be my choice. I am all for taking a difference maker at #9 and then trading back into round one of a QB falls as long as it does include any future 1st.

IMO you should trade up for top notch QBs if you can hit this class is so underwhelming I do t think going in for any of these guys is worth it. But since it is such an important position I am in for making a move for one.

only way I would take Rodgers is for a couple picks not counting any 1st rounders. I would spend a first on Wilson and then some. I would not take Watson. Minahew would be to compete with Lock. Lock would go in trade for Rodgers or Wilson.

Comment

• Can't wait for a [email protected] #9 I want .............either Corral, Linderbaum, Cross ............in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
            Can't wait for a [email protected] #9 I want .............either Corral, Linderbaum, Cross ............in that order.
            I hope the Giants don’t pick Corral. Carolina is also in front of us. Hopefully both teams go with other QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosNewEra View Post

I hope the Giants don’t pick Corral. Carolina is also in front of us. Hopefully both teams go with other QBs.
              Giants already said they are going with DJ.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Giants already said they are going with DJ.
                Teams say a lot of things before the draft.

Comment

True that. Cue the smokescreen

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

True that. Cue the smokescreen
                    It’s like when a GM says they’re fully behind their coach before the last game of the season and then they fire the coach the day after the last game.

Comment

They brought in Daboll with the plan of committing to developing DJ. They said it when they hired their GM and again with Daboll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                        They brought in Daboll with the plan of committing to developing DJ. They said it when they hired their GM and again with Daboll.
                        They said things.

Comment

They said things.
                          Trust me,the giants don’t have that much foresight. When you also have the owner saying “ We’ve done everything possible to screw this kid up” they are committing to DJ.

Comment

We will see but the head coach and gm says it. I believe him
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

They said things.
                              He is close the Josh allen....I bet they gonna run it back. They said they did everything to miss him up now they gonna try to make it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

We will see but the head coach and gm says it. I believe him
                                Glad you believe Hackett was the best hire because he said it.

Comment

Working...
                                X