• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruke View Post
    https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2022/...y-coby-bryant/

if our QB was not available I would not hate this pick
    I have liked him from the get go. Never allowed a touchdown in his collegiate career. It sounds like he does a lot of prep for games when it comes to offensive gameplans.

we do need another corner. I wouldnt rule him out depending on how the draft plays out. If it were me i would consider him no matter how the draft plays out. If theres not a trade for rogers/watson/wilson then you have to continue building your team.

Leave a comment:

• Pruke
    replied
    https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2022/...y-coby-bryant/

if our QB was not available I would not hate this pick

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Hamilton is likely gone before #9 from what I have seen. Incredibly versatile defender that has enough size to play as a LB if called upon. He will be an impact player.

As I stated, I hope a QB is selected and is the right one to be developed. But if not, there are some really talented players that could help this team.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

So last we draft a corner in 21 in the 1st and then in 22 a safety and we have the highest paid safety in league? More Def...just asking?
    So, I already stated on the previous page that my preference @ 9 is QB.......if not QB........OT { and that includes Linderbaum.........if not OL, then I wouldn't mind a talented edge player......now, some people are wanting a Line backer @ 9.......if we didn't go in any of the aforementioned routes........Hamilton would be a nice add, AND offer position versatility, including linebacker......Just like to think of any of these talented players on our team and what they would offer.....even Sauce Gardner would be fun to have on the opposite side of Surtain. It's all good, just fun to think about.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Drafting a QB at #9 takes a commitment. Both from Paton and Hackett. To a lesser extent Outten and Kubiak.

Is there a QB they feel they can develop and attach their reputations to? One that they can envision leading the Broncos to wins?

Without that commitment it is a bad decision. With it lies the hopes, dreams and likely criticisms of Bronco fans.

Can’t wait to see how they choose to fix the Bronco QB issue.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Agree with your reasoning. Broncos should be adding an impact player as a #9 selection. Any position should be considered. I have no issues with the Surtain selection last year. He looks to be a cornerstone piece in the secondary. Broncos need those type of players.

I will have no issues with a defensive player or OT being selected this year. Broncos need impact players on this roster.

As for QB. Any would be a risk. Even can be in a “good QB draft”. If Hackett sees his guy sitting there then I am all for it.

I am trusting that the new coaches know what they are doing. Developing a QB is always hit or miss. It usually comes back to how well the playcalling supports a rookie QB or puts him in position to fail. We are about to see just how creative out new offensive coaches are. Whether with a rookie, second tier free agent, or ( God help us) Lock for this season.

Again, if that QB is there at #9, I’m all for drafting him. If Hackett is not enthusiastic about any the Broncos can not waste the pick on a long shot. Too many really good players to be selected to overthink it.
    And, of course, we have to see how free agency shakes out, but it doesn't appear that, for now, there are any premiere OT and edge rushers that will be free agents.

But this draft does offer some depth at those positions, especially in the first 3 rounds. That's why I think Paton will use the #9 pick, a future first and second or maybe another first in a package to try and trade for Rodgers or Wilson. Then, use the other picks to address those areas.

Paton has shown he won't be pressured into drafting a quarterback. Not saying he won't, but won't surprise me if he passes on one again if we still pick at #9.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I don't think Hamilton will drop to #9. I doubt he gets past the Lions, Texans or Jets. Same with the CB, Gardner, from Cincinnati, falling past #8.

I also think at least 2 of the top 3 OT prospects, as well as, Hutchinson and Thibodeaux go in the top 8, too.

The lack of quality quarterback prospects is not going to allow some of the better players to drop. I don't see any of these quarterbacks going until, maybe, Carolina, but, I think they will go with an offensive tackle. Their offensive line is terrible. Atlanta is the wild card. They may take a quarterback and let him sit this year behind Ryan, then he'll take over next year. But, I don't know. If Gardner is there, I think Atlanta takes him rather than a quarterback.

Plus, the Jaguars and Jets aren't taking a quarterback, and the Giants appear to roll with Jones for this year. So that's 5 of the top 8 picks that won't be quarterback. Detroit will probably stick with Goff, plus, they have the Rams' first round pick which will be 31 or 32, so they may take someone like Ridder at the end of the first round. Texans could go quarterback, but, I think they can get one of the best tackles or defensive players, so, I doubt they take a quarterback.

So, at #9, and, barring a trade for a quarterback, the Broncos will likely have their pick of the quarterbacks, maybe one of the tackles, and the top defensive linemen and linebackers.

At least, right now, that's how I see it.

Agree with your reasoning. Broncos should be adding an impact player as a #9 selection. Any position should be considered. I have no issues with the Surtain selection last year. He looks to be a cornerstone piece in the secondary. Broncos need those type of players.

I will have no issues with a defensive player or OT being selected this year. Broncos need impact players on this roster.

As for QB. Any would be a risk. Even can be in a “good QB draft”. If Hackett sees his guy sitting there then I am all for it.

I am trusting that the new coaches know what they are doing. Developing a QB is always hit or miss. It usually comes back to how well the playcalling supports a rookie QB or puts him in position to fail. We are about to see just how creative out new offensive coaches are. Whether with a rookie, second tier free agent, or ( God help us) Lock for this season.

Again, if that QB is there at #9, I’m all for drafting him. If Hackett is not enthusiastic about any the Broncos can not waste the pick on a long shot. Too many really good players to be selected to overthink it.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 02-13-2022, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

The chiefs got Nick Bolton in the second...He had a fantastic year.....Remember the Steelers traded up to get Devin Bush who we all thought should have been our pick....I don't think he's with the Steelers any longer unless he 's just been riding the bench. I really wanted and was excited when we got Cushenberry, but he has not proved to be the great Center i thought he was going to be....I kinda really want Linderbaum now. { Unless we pick a QB }
    He played every ddfense snap through week five after which he got a torn acl and was benched the rest of the season. He also played in 16 games last year and started 15.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    I'm getting pretty excited over the thought of picking Hamilton. Check out this article.

NFL Draft: Is Kyle Hamilton The Best Prospect? (msn.com)
    I don't think Hamilton will drop to #9. I doubt he gets past the Lions, Texans or Jets. Same with the CB, Gardner, from Cincinnati, falling past #8.

I also think at least 2 of the top 3 OT prospects, as well as, Hutchinson and Thibodeaux go in the top 8, too.

The lack of quality quarterback prospects is not going to allow some of the better players to drop. I don't see any of these quarterbacks going until, maybe, Carolina, but, I think they will go with an offensive tackle. Their offensive line is terrible. Atlanta is the wild card. They may take a quarterback and let him sit this year behind Ryan, then he'll take over next year. But, I don't know. If Gardner is there, I think Atlanta takes him rather than a quarterback.

Plus, the Jaguars and Jets aren't taking a quarterback, and the Giants appear to roll with Jones for this year. So that's 5 of the top 8 picks that won't be quarterback. Detroit will probably stick with Goff, plus, they have the Rams' first round pick which will be 31 or 32, so they may take someone like Ridder at the end of the first round. Texans could go quarterback, but, I think they can get one of the best tackles or defensive players, so, I doubt they take a quarterback.

So, at #9, and, barring a trade for a quarterback, the Broncos will likely have their pick of the quarterbacks, maybe one of the tackles, and the top defensive linemen and linebackers.

At least, right now, that's how I see it.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    I'm getting pretty excited over the thought of picking Hamilton. Check out this article.

So last we draft a corner in 21 in the 1st and then in 22 a safety and we have the highest paid safety in league? More Def...just asking?

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

The chiefs got Nick Bolton in the second...He had a fantastic year.....Remember the Steelers traded up to get Devin Bush who we all thought should have been our pick....I don't think he's with the Steelers any longer unless he 's just been riding the bench. I really wanted and was excited when we got Cushenberry, but he has not proved to be the great Center i thought he was going to be....I kinda really want Linderbaum now. { Unless we pick a QB }
    Bush tore his acl in 2020 and hasnt been quite the same since.

lindstrom is another center to keep your eye on. Comes from a football family

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    I really want the Broncos to select Matt Corral @9, but I've a strong suspicion we are bringing in a vet.

If we still have the #9 pick I'm inclined towards BPA (with a focus on Oline) but I can't stop thinking that Devin Lloyd (LB) should be the choice.
    Last edited by skeeter01; 02-03-2022, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Every year, at this time, I wish I had something to add but I just don't watch hardly any college football.

However, I am glad that Hackett's been hired and he's got some key coaches hired. Hopefully, they are already expressing who/what they want for Oline, offense/QB. Then, when Evero is free, he can contribute to what he wants on the defense. Fortunately, he has a pretty talented group. Maybe Hackett can get a Dline/LB coaches hired soon so they can focus on those potential picks.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    I really want the Broncos to select Matt Corral @9, but I've a strong suspicion we are bringing in a vet.

If we still have the #9 pick I'm inclined towards BPA (with a focus on Oline) but I can't stop thinking that Devin Lloyd (LB) should be the choice.
    I think you could even trade back to around 14/15sih and get lloyd and another pick. I really like lloyd. However i dont know how exactly it will play out due to not knowing who our dc is

Leave a comment:

Working...
X