QB Preference Going Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Preference Going Forward

Occasionally it's fun to do a poll. Hey, it's a good feature here!

I am listing 10 options going into 2022. Choose your favourite option for The QB you want to lead this team going forward, even if that means it's a draft pick who may take a year (or so) before they start. If you choose "other", please provide the name of the player, because I may have short changed them in the process. I picked 10 options, so clearly there are omissions. If you keep Lock on the team, but draft a college QB as a starter, select the college player for this poll. If on the other hand, you keep Lock to start this year and beyond, he's your guy.

As I say, have fun with it!

If I have a choice, you know me, a pipe dreamer.....I go with Rodgers. There is a very good chance he is named MVP 2 straight years. Even if he slides a little, I pay him the money and I make the best deal possible. I will not sell the farm, so this is a bit of a conditional thing. But even with the loss of a few picks in year one alone, I believe we instantly make the playoffs and make some serious noise. But lets not forget that we could keep our 2nds and 3rds this year, which may give us some clout in the draft. Either way, possibly win it all within 2 years. And for me, a 4th SB victory would be worth the expense.

Brady looked like he was aging before he left The pats. But once refreshed in Tampa, he has become a top tier QB once again. Not saying Rodgers gets a lift, but he may maintain what he is, and that's an MVP QB.

Your turn!

(I'll give the poll a month)

Lock
    6.25%
    Pickett
    12.50%
    Willis
    9.38%
    Corral
    15.63%
    Rodgers
    12.50%
    Wilson
    21.88%
    Watson (if cleared)
    15.63%
    Cousins
    0%
    Jimmy G
    0%
    Other
    6.25%

No question QB is an area where we NEED an upgrade. We've needed it for such a long time I just want it fixed. Personally, for me there is no player on the roster that isn't available through trade to get the right guy. I don't care who and I don't care how many draft picks it takes

Comment

I don't think Pickett will be there. Depending on what happens with Aidan will decide a lot. Aidan Hutchinson is viewed the number 1 guy, bit Jags and Lions want him..but Lions also want their future QB. But word in Detroit is they'll pass on QB if Aidan is there, keeping him in the state of Michigan.

Pickett is viewed by many as the best QB option in the draft, so Denver would need some luck. I think a safer bet would be trading for a QB or signing a free agent. Mostly because history with Denver is drafting QBs hasn't been great, maybe this coming draft breaks that curse. Depends on who our coach will be.

If we go the trade route, Wilson is the guy I'd view as realistic. I don't view Aaron to Denver as realistic. Watson depends on his legal situation. Cousins I think will be the panic button option. As in if Paton can't get a QB drafted or trade for a Wilson/Watson/Rodgers, he'll panic and go for Cousins.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Detroit isn't taking a QB.

The only team I could see taking a QB before us is Carolina. Them showing interest in Pep Hamilton for OC (who has a proven track record of developing young QBs) indicates to me that they are looking to upgrade at QB for sure.
        https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Stetson Bennett anyone?? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            I don't think Pickett will be there. Depending on what happens with Aidan will decide a lot. Aidan Hutchinson is viewed the number 1 guy, bit Jags and Lions want him..but Lions also want their future QB. But word in Detroit is they'll pass on QB if Aidan is there, keeping him in the state of Michigan.

Pickett is viewed by many as the best QB option in the draft, so Denver would need some luck. I think a safer bet would be trading for a QB or signing a free agent. Mostly because history with Denver is drafting QBs hasn't been great, maybe this coming draft breaks that curse. Depends on who our coach will be.

If we go the trade route, Wilson is the guy I'd view as realistic. I don't view Aaron to Denver as realistic. Watson depends on his legal situation. Cousins I think will be the panic button option. As in if Paton can't get a QB drafted or trade for a Wilson/Watson/Rodgers, he'll panic and go for Cousins.
            unless Picketts hands measure bigger than expected AND he shows he can make all the NFL throws, he won’t go at the top of this draft.

He also has a lot of bad tape for people to review.

at this point, I hope we don’t even have him on our board. Too much risk he will struggle in cold weather.

tests and further evaluation could prove me wrong. He seems like a good guy, but last year he would not have been in the top 5 QBs and you could argue maybe not in the top 8

Comment

Watson! If he has cleared. No brainer IMO

Comment

Nice start to this poll. Seems like a smooth spread so far. Hopefully we get a lot more takers.

Comment

I'm tired of borrowed Qbs . I'd really like us to draft a Qb and have him here for 15+ yrs

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Stetson Bennett anyone?? Lol
                    Id take him. Kid battles
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
                      I'm tired of borrowed Qbs . I'd really like us to draft a Qb and have him here for 15+ yrs
                      That would be a first for the Denver Broncos.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Clearly Rodgers is the best option but I don't see it happening. I voted other as I think Sam Howell becomes QB1 in this draft. He was in contention for the #1 pick before this CFB season. You can say he regressed slightly this year but he was still productive while losing talented offensive players in 2020 (Javonte, Carter, Brown). Big arm, athletic and tough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                          Clearly Rodgers is the best option but I don't see it happening. I voted other as I think Sam Howell becomes QB1 in this draft. He was in contention for the #1 pick before this CFB season. You can say he regressed slightly this year but he was still productive while losing talented offensive players in 2020 (Javonte, Carter, Brown). Big arm, athletic and tough.
                          I watched several of Howell's games trying to get excited for him. I didn't like what I saw from his accuracy. I agree he has a big arm and is very athletic. I could see him shooting up the draft boards if he has a huge workout.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

That would be a first for the Denver Broncos.
                            That is something Broncos fans continuously forgets or intentionally ignorantly ignores...Denver has never successfully drafted and developed a franchise QB. All of the greats of the franchise QBs have been drafted by another team and ended up in Denver.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

That is something Broncos fans continuously forgets or intentionally ignorantly ignores...Denver has never successfully drafted and developed a franchise QB. All of the greats of the franchise QBs have been drafted by another team and ended up in Denver.
                              Yes, this is a discussion that continues to be accurate. I wish we could say we drafted Elway.....BUT.

Seriously it remains a bit of a mystery how poorly we've done, but still be one of the best NFL teams ever. That's also why I salute Elway even if he falters some as an Exec....he was part of all 3 Championships!! But no, sadly, not drafted by us. If he had, we could always discuss this topic with, "but lets not forget Elway!" But we can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X