• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I would like to draft either
    Matt Corral or Malik Willis.
    (I like Willis)
    Then if he throws a pick, I could yell at the TV "What you talkin' bout Willis", and if he throws a TD, I could say "That's what I'm talkin' bout Willis!!!!!!)

I'm kinda sold on this draft strategy, tbh....

Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
      I had the impression that the majority thought that Watson would best option. Young, proven, near MVP level of play etc etc.

Since the poll posed Watson (if cleared) I'm just interested as to why he wouldn't be more popular.

Perceived character flaws?
      Presumed guilty even if cleared?
      Over rated?
      Giving up too many assets to acquire him?
      Something else?
      Had allegations not come up against him, he almost certainly would be considered the best option or close... and the biggest issue that *could* keep him from being the best option would be his cost... it would be prohibitive.

However.... given the allegations...

I will speak for what I perceive to be the majority though and say that absolutely most people don't want him because even if he was cleared, his chances are most people would sincerely doubt he was actually innocent.

What would cleared mean? Settled out of court, no charges ever officially levied against him? Because that's about as close to cleared as he's likely to get, and it doesn't mean he's innocent.

The court system has a requirement of innocent until proven guilty. That is not the same as actually being innocent. There is a very large chance that the guy is an absolutely horrible person, and many people don't want to root for that. I would wager that the Broncos would lose a number of fans just by bringing him in.

Honestly, even if we could erase the allegations against him... going back to the prohibitive cost... can you imagine giving up 3 Firsts + to bring in Watson and then in a year or two if he's unhappy enough he's willing to just sit out the year?
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic

Comment

Meanwhile the lowly Texans let their 1 year HC go. As if he had a fighting chance. If he's just another scapegoat in the mess, then they obviously don't respect the intelligence of those who assess them.

Houston....

you've got a problem.
        CanDB
        Football Immortal
        Last edited by CanDB; 01-14-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Had allegations not come up against him, he almost certainly would be considered the best option or close... and the biggest issue that *could* keep him from being the best option would be his cost... it would be prohibitive.

I will speak for what I perceive to be the majority though and say that absolutely most people don't want him because even if he was cleared, his chances are most people would sincerely doubt he was actually innocent.

What would cleared mean? Settled out of court, no charges ever officially levied against him? Because that's about as close to cleared as he's likely to get, and it doesn't mean he's innocent.

The court system has a requirement of innocent until proven guilty. That is not the same as actually being innocent. There is a very large chance that the guy is an absolutely horrible person, and many people don't want to root for that. I would wager that the Broncos would lose a number of fans just by bringing him in.

Honestly, even if we could erase the allegations against him... going back to the prohibitive cost... can you imagine giving up 3 Firsts + to bring in Watson and then in a year or two if he's unhappy enough he's willing to just sit out the year?
          If only we had a crystal ball. What happens to Watson? Does he get cleared, and when? What does cleared mean? Does he start and pick up from where he left off? or does he lose some of the magic? Does a team overpay for him? So many questions, and more. My gut tells me, if reasonably cleared from a league/legal perspective, there will be at least one taker. Not us. Too many examples of problem people returning and yes, cheered for on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

If only we had a crystal ball. What happens to Watson? Does he get cleared, and when? What does cleared mean? Does he start and pick up from where he left off? or does he lose some of the magic? Does a team overpay for him? So many questions, and more. My gut tells me, if reasonably cleared from a league/legal perspective, there will be at least one taker. Not us. Too many examples of problem people returning and yes, cheered for on the field.
            If he's 'cleared', (cleared just meaning legally, because I seriously doubt something will come out that will completely remove the authenticity of at least some of the claims against him in the minds of many many people, myself included) someone will give him another shot. Some will cheer.

I'd just really prefer not here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the circus around him, the holding out, the allegations, the time off... the new team/system... I think he'll never achieve what he maybe could have if he wasn't... well... who he is.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic

Comment

If he's 'cleared', (cleared just meaning legally, because I seriously doubt something will come out that will completely remove the authenticity of at least some of the claims against him in the minds of many many people, myself included) someone will give him another shot. Some will cheer.

I'd just really prefer not here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the circus around him, the holding out, the allegations, the time off... the new team/system... I think he'll never achieve what he maybe could have if he wasn't... well... who he is.
              Can't really disagree. My gut tells me he will play again somewhere. This is another case of court of public opinion intermixed with the law. Two different barometers at times. There is likely to be doubt for decades to come, no matter how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Can't really disagree. My gut tells me he will play again somewhere. This is another case of court of public opinion intermixed with the law. Two different barometers at times. There is likely to be doubt for decades to come, no matter how this plays out.
                Oh, I'm certain you're probably right.

He'll probably settle out of court with the 22 accusers... doesn't make him guilty or innocent, but doesn't really help his look either.

Some team will pay him and pay for him and he'll play again, and many people will eventually forget as long as no more incidents happen in the future.

I could never root for him though. Would put me in a tough spot if he came here.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic

Comment

IMO Ray Lewis, Tyreke Hill, Big Ben and Kobe allegations are as bad, if not worse, than Watson. Would you have passed on all of them?

not disagreeing, just asking? I can see both sides

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

IMO Ray Lewis, Tyreke Hill, Big Ben and Kobe allegations are as bad, if not worse, than Watson. Would you have passed on all of them?

I personally would have not wanted any of these guys post-allegation.

22 accusers doesn't help either.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

For my two cents, I would gladly pass on all of these names.

Comment

Mike Klis was on The Fan the other day and said from what he's gathering, it looks like the Broncos are probably going to try and go for an established QB.

He pretty much ranked it as:

Plan A- Aaron Rodgers
                        Plan B- Russell Wilson
                        Plan C- Jimmy Garappolo
                        Plan D- Kirk Cousins

Again, it's all guessing but, given the draft capital we have in the first 3 rounds and that the quarterback draft class isn't exactly the strongest, I can see Paton going the vet QB route.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          Mike Klis was on The Fan the other day and said from what he's gathering, it looks like the Broncos are probably going to try and go for an established QB.

He pretty much ranked it as:

Plan A- Aaron Rodgers
                          Plan B- Russell Wilson
                          Plan C- Jimmy Garappolo
                          Plan D- Kirk Cousins

Again, it's all guessing but, given the draft capital we have in the first 3 rounds and that the quarterback draft class isn't exactly the strongest, I can see Paton going the vet QB route.
                          Status quo?!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ this sh.. will never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Status quo?!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ this sh.. will never end.
                            I've been saying for months that this is a bad year to be in the quarterback market.

But this is the mess we're in.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I've been saying for months that this is a bad year to be in the quarterback market.

But this is the mess we're in.
                              I’ve been saying the same thing. I’m just not interested in the Broncos becoming cellar dwellers the next ten years making the same mistakes year after year

Comment

Well if that's true we will get what we will get ... im over all these rental qbs and was on someone team already and now want to leave their team....we will ALWAYS be in the market for a qb and have always since Manning.

It sure would be nice to draft a qb and we have him for 10-15 years.....and getting rentals

I see Russell going to NYG
                                Nobody wants Jimmy g not even his own team
                                No way kirk is leaving his cap hit is too damn high
                                I'm pulling for gb to win the superbowl so he can retire and ride out into the sunset.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X