Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Can Dream....McCaffrey Might be Available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

    Thanks for "playing along" IB. Hey, talk is cheap, and I come extremely cheap!!

    If we had a backfield of McC and Williams we may not need a high level QB......haha. Dink and dunk!

    Actually, the only way we get McC in my opinion, is by giving them Williams, because otherwise we got too much backfield for the money. And Williams might seriously soften their trade demands. A case could be made that Williams has a better future, and as early as '22.

    Again, the family ties and the skillset sure make him a nice "dream" for me. Hey, I apparently have dreams, pipedreams, and so forth. Weird because I seem to have a lot of nightmares too!!!
    Honestly, we are moving on from Melvin, which I think is very possible. Even he seemed unsure that he'll be a Bronco in the interview after the last game. I'd like for Denver to draft Hassan Haskins. This is a very deep year at RB. Haskins paired with Williams would be very nice.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

      Honestly, we are moving on from Melvin, which I think is very possible. Even he seemed unsure that he'll be a Bronco in the interview after the last game. I'd like for Denver to draft Hassan Haskins. This is a very deep year at RB. Haskins paired with Williams would be very nice.
      I am not familiar with Haskins yet, but soon will be. Bottom line, we have a stud in Williams, and I never have doubts about finding complementary backs in the draft. If you want a fast one, a big one, a pass catcher, a blocker, a bowling ball, you name it, you will find one.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

        I am not familiar with Haskins yet, but soon will be. Bottom line, we have a stud in Williams, and I never have doubts about finding complementary backs in the draft. If you want a fast one, a big one, a pass catcher, a blocker, a bowling ball, you name it, you will find one.
        Haskins is all of those. He's 6'1 and 225. He can catch and is a solid blocker. He was 90% of Michigan's offense and basically the biggest reason other than the strong defense for the team getting as far as they did.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

        Comment


        • #19
          If we somehow got him without giving up Williams, and imagine we got Rodgers next year too...
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            If we somehow got him without giving up Williams, and imagine we got Rodgers next year too...
            One can dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Plan B....no McCaf, but Rodgers, Adams and Williams.

            Oh yeah, and keep all our picks!!! And players!

            Hmmmm....hope they like Coors.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by CTM View Post
              If the Panthers are willing to deal him that might say something about where he is physically. Look pre-injury issues he was as dynamic an offensive weapon as you could find. But at this point what Carolina would want plus considering his cap cost and I would say we're probably better off looking to the draft to find Javonte a partner in the backfield.

              Obviously it would be cool because of the family ties and what he could bring but I just don't think he would fit in the jigsaw for us.
              This ^^^^^^^^^^
              Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

              Comment


              • #22
                i would not trade a bucket of footballs for mccaffery can't stay healthy and to much money rather use that money on a QB

                Comment


                • #23
                  I would trade a third rd pick for him. I do want someone as an OC that will utilize him like Carolina does when he is healthy. He would probably cost too much to be feasible given his injury history, but he is pretty dynamic.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                    I live in Charlotte and watch every Panthers game.

                    Absolutely not , he cannot stay healthy. In the games he did play this year he looked like he lost a step or two.
                    This! He can't stay on the field.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

                      This! He can't stay on the field.
                      They need to give him 15 touches a game and almost none of them between the tackles.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                        I am not familiar with Haskins yet, but soon will be. Bottom line, we have a stud in Williams, and I never have doubts about finding complementary backs in the draft. If you want a fast one, a big one, a pass catcher, a blocker, a bowling ball, you name it, you will find one.
                        I'm not familiar with him either. What about Kenneth Walker III?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

                          I'm not familiar with him either. What about Kenneth Walker III?
                          I am open about the fact I do not watch college ball much, but I study up on those available for the draft at this time of the year. According to PFF 101, he is the 8th best college player from 2021. But my initial digging around does not show him going early rounds in the draft. Maybe I missed something.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 01-31-2022, 02:39 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                            I am open about the fact I do not watch college ball much, but I study up on those available for the draft at this time of the year. According to PFF 101, he is the 8th best college player from 2021. But my initial digging around does not show him going early rounds in the draft. Maybe I missed something.
                            That's interesting. I wouldn't think he goes in the first, but at least in the 2nd....

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X