Jimmy G a Bronco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy G a Bronco?

Looking like Rodgers is headed to Tennessee, so why not Jimmy G?

Originally posted by DinoZ View Post
    Clearly your bored. It's ok.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Clearly your bored. It's ok.

Yep, with all the excitement surrounding the pro bowl (joke)got lazy with my football news. Now the Titans are not interested in Rodgers, ok so back to Jimmy G.

Comment

As a bridge QB he would be solid, and clearly an upgrade over what we have now, and probably wouldn't cost more than a 2nd.. He would also make it possible to hold off on forcing a QB selection in this weak draft class. Outside of Pickett there isn't any I feel is worthy of a 1st round selection (I hate the Idea of drafting projects in the first round), and even he would be pushing it. Of course he's the most "pro ready," he's a first year pro playing against college kids.

Jimmy G probably makes us the second best team in the division, and allows us to focus on getting a pass rusher or middle LB in the draft. If we got JG I would like to see us drop back in the Draft to nab Dean out of Georgia or stay put and target Karlaftis out of Purdue.
        Last edited by broncojuan; 02-08-2022, 07:59 AM.
        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Sure, why not? Certainly much better than what we have.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

It's fine to talk about Jimmy again, but I think we've done that many. many times.

We still have little idea what is to become of Rodgers, Wilson and others.

The good news, all of this stuff will get clarified in the not too distant future. March will be a big month for news.

Comment

These guys never look as good when they go to a bad team. If drew lock played for the 49ers he would look pretty good too. That’s not to say I don’t think he would be an upgrade, he would, I just think we have been though this too many times. Ride with Lock again and hope we draft a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post
                These guys never look as good when they go to a bad team. If drew lock played for the 49ers he would look pretty good too. That’s not to say I don’t think he would be an upgrade, he would, I just think we have been though this too many times. Ride with Lock again and hope we draft a QB.
                I agree this should be the plan moving forward. Start Lock and draft a QB.

The going rate for Jimmy G is a 2nd round pick or 3rd & a player. I wouldn’t be upset if they pursued him. The guy has experience in the post season. It would be a nice bridge until we find our guy.

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

As a bridge QB he would be solid, and clearly an upgrade over what we have now.
                  Clearly, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

Clearly, eh?
                    Yes. Teddy is a joke, Drew is dripping with talent (and I was rooting for him after that first flash), but historically young QBs who go through so many offensive changes early in their career don't recover.
                    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post

Willis or Corral or even Howell would be fine with me......Give Drew this year..... tag him if he does well, and we still have our future learning in the wing. OR....if the wheels fall off Lock, put the rook in. Jimmy G. will probably stay in SF , they may feel Trey Lance needs another year.
                      Last edited by skeeter01; 02-08-2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Even if we did trade for him, I’m sure Lock would be starting half the year anyway, since jimmy’s made of glass. If it hadn’t been for Keenum, Flacco, bridgewater, I’d say go for it. However, I’ll pass this time. jimmy’s got higher upside than any of those guys, but I have seen this story play out before. I’d rather watch our rookie take his lumps, than go 10-7 with jimmy.

Comment

The going rate for Jimmy G is a 2nd round pick or 3rd & a player. I wouldn’t be upset if they pursued him. The guy has experience in the post season. It would be a nice bridge until we find our guy.
                          Tons better than the Broncos giving 2 firsts, 3 seconds, 4 quality players and a billion dollars for Rodgers. Total waste of everything for everyone.

Rodgers hasn't gotten another super bowl in over 10 years in GB....so, how would he most likely get one playing for the Broncos...still a very "suspect team".
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Tons better than the Broncos giving 2 firsts, 3 seconds, 4 quality players and a billion dollars for Rodgers. Total waste of everything for everyone.

Rodgers hasn't gotten another super bowl in over 10 years in GB....so, how would he most likely get one playing for the Broncos...still a very "suspect team".
                            The price tag and draft capital for Rodgers is why I have no interest. Now if it was a 1st round pick and a player then I might be open to it. Gambling the next 3 years for a guy who will likely only be here 2 years is not worth it. I also don’t think Rodgers puts us over the top.

Comment

We have extra 2nd round picks. We also have the cap space to absorb his contract. We could probably do something like draft one of the top 3 QB's at #9, trade a 2nd for Jimmy G and extend him through the rookie's contract, trade Lock away for whatever, see if Hackett/Outten/Kubiak can turn the rookie into gold and trade Jimmy G for a 2nd round pick when the rookie takes over. If Hackett and Paton have a QB in this draft that they really, really like at #9 I could see them doing that.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                              X