Sauce anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Help me here cause im trying to figure out how our secondary is a strength?
    Surtain, darby, oj and bassey are current cb. Jury is still out on oj and bassey and darby is just so so. Yeah you have simmons and sterns did okay but wasnt lights out. I think kareem is done. Darby could be done after this year.
    I guess I have a decent amount of faith in OJ. Between him Darby and obviously Surtain I think our CBs are solid. Simmons patrols the backfield and I believe Sterns is going to be a smooth transition from Jackson. Sure we need some more depth but that's what free agency is for. Denver has done an extraordinarily awesome job of finding updrafted studs too. I'm not worried about our secondary....it's clearly QB that needs desperately fixed.

I'm actually more in favor of trading for Jimmy G than I am drafting a QB. I'd love to land a new edge rusher or finally fix our RT position. But, if QB isn't addressed, there is no position more important

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I guess I have a decent amount of faith in OJ. Between him Darby and obviously Surtain I think our CBs are solid. Simmons patrols the backfield and I believe Sterns is going to be a smooth transition from Jackson. Sure we need some more depth but that's what free agency is for. Denver has done an extraordinarily awesome job of finding updrafted studs too. I'm not worried about our secondary....it's clearly QB that needs desperately fixed.

I'm actually more in favor of trading for Jimmy G than I am drafting a QB. I'd love to land a new edge rusher or finally fix our RT position. But, if QB isn't addressed, there is no position more important
      Theres not a ton of affordable cb fa this year. I think sauce would be an instant upgrade this year over darby and oj. I would be totally fine if he was the draft pick. That being said there are other cbs in the draft. You have more faith in darby and oj than i do. Regardless you need much more than 3 cb. Sterns is unproven at this point and you have 2 other safeties that are in the same boat

im not gonna get into it here because this thread isnt about qb. I will say that jg isnt worth the picks and money.

There are a bunch of edge and tackles in this draft. Im not worried in the slightest that paton can find them throughout the draft.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Taking a further look at Michael Ojemudia. Drafted 3rd round in 2020 he started 11 of the 16 games. He recorded 61 tackles, 6 pass defensed and 4 forced fumbles. He suffered an injury that landed him on injured reserve to start the 2021 season.

With the acquisition of Fuller and Callahan returning he was naturally pushed back on the pecking order regardless. At 6'1" 200lbs he has good size/speed combo and he is tough. A corner who is not afraid to tackle. I think he is ready for a starting roll and I'm excited to see him fight for it.

Comment

Theres not a ton of affordable cb fa this year. I think sauce would be an instant upgrade this year over darby and oj. I would be totally fine if he was the draft pick. That being said there are other cbs in the draft. You have more faith in darby and oj than i do. Regardless you need much more than 3 cb. Sterns is unproven at this point and you have 2 other safeties that are in the same boat

im not gonna get into it here because this thread isnt about qb. I will say that jg isnt worth the picks and money.

There are a bunch of edge and tackles in this draft. Im not worried in the slightest that paton can find them throughout the draft.
          I wouldn't be extremely upset with Gardner at 9. I have zero doubt something will happen at QB. I think it will happen through trade so we may not even be picking 1st round. If we are and we stay at 9 I'd like RT or even trade down over another CB

Comment

I wouldn't be extremely upset with Gardner at 9. I have zero doubt something will happen at QB. I think it will happen through trade so we may not even be picking 1st round. If we are and we stay at 9 I'd like RT or even trade down over another CB
            There are some surefire players i think that could come in and play like surtain did right away. Gardner, lloyd, karlaftis, ikwono, cross. I do think that davis could play right away but i think he would be limited to a 2 down player at least when he first comes here. Paton set the bar really high with his first draft. I will be curious to see how this draft goes and how many draftees contribute right away

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

None of them are worth the picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                None of them are worth the picks.
                Sorry none of whom are worth the picks? Qbs?
                Last edited by armedequation; 02-21-2022, 09:44 AM.
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Sorry none of whom are worth the pickds? Qbs?
                  QBs. Not worth it

Comment

I agree with the no QB is worth the pick at 9. Now I could see a trade up in late first to take a QB and still saving the fifth year option by doing so...but definitely not at 9. Malik Willis, who a lot on this board seem to love, just screams David Gerrard to me. Pickett is most polished, but what will he do with an NFL ball in his hands? Corral and Howell are dart throws too. Howell I like the most out of this QB class, but solely for his, alleged value as of right now.

I want a Trade Back/ or Defensive Player/ or OT. But this all could change after combine. Who else is excited about the combine!?!??
                    New England Patriots GM

Comment

OK. I didn't even want to think about a CB at #9. I still don't, because I think Surtain will be that #1CB that you build around with cheaper talent. But I saw a mock with us picking him so I watched the highlights. Holy crap. Dude looks legit. I still think it would be the wrong thing to do but I can understand wanting him on the team.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

listopencil,
                        I know!! all things being equal I think we'd all rather stay away from CB due to picking Surtain last year. Its just that if the top Edge and OT are gone and Sauce is the BPA, then it might make some sense to pick him. He is VERY good. As good as Surtain? Not sure I'd go that far, but pretty darn close. Two studs at CB would be fun - imagine all the blitzes we could send to get some QB's on the ground and also tpo get some turnovers for once! Stingley would be an option too, just a bit worried about the injury history and willingness to tackle, but if he reaches his max potential Stingley and Surtain could go down in NFL history as one of best CB pairs ever!! go Broncos!!

Comment

I hope Denver drafts Sauce !!

Comment

Taking a further look at Michael Ojemudia. Drafted 3rd round in 2020 he started 11 of the 16 games. He recorded 61 tackles, 6 pass defensed and 4 forced fumbles. He suffered an injury that landed him on injured reserve to start the 2021 season.

With the acquisition of Fuller and Callahan returning he was naturally pushed back on the pecking order regardless. At 6'1" 200lbs he has good size/speed combo and he is tough. A corner who is not afraid to tackle. I think he is ready for a starting roll and I'm excited to see him fight for it.
                            I thought OJ played at a very high level when he finally did return for the last 2 games. Super small sample size to judge his progression on from year 1 to year 2, but I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

That being said I wouldn’t let it deter us from drafting a CB. If the QB situation has some sort of resolution in place and there’s a CB we really like still on the board then by all means. Surtain has slot experience, Darby has the size profile of a premier slot CB he may just need the opportunity, and Bassey is another option as well.

Comment

OJ is a Baller always has been when given the chance to play.

Comment

I guess Sauce is officially off the condiments mentioned
                                Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Working...
                                X