Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 NFL combine..All about the qbs baby!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 NFL combine..All about the qbs baby!!!!!

I'm sooo ready to see and hear about these qbs. We all have our preferences but let's see how these guys work.

Corral
    Willis
    Howell
    picket
    Ridder
    Strong
    Zappe
    Caleb
    And more

Let's goooooo!!!!
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

I haven't been shy about my feelings about this class. I am not high on any of these guys.

But if we don't trade for a QB, I think it's possible we draft one.

I don't get the hype around Pickett. He had one good year as a fifth year college QB. The talk about hand size does warrant some concern. He's had issues with fumbling and he struggled in bad weather games. And Denver weather come November can get nasty. I just don't think he offers more than what we've seen and that doesn't scream a top 10 franchise QB to me.

Corral has a good arm and great mobility. But his frame does worry me. He's got a light frame and I worry about his durability in a 17 game season. I liken it to Lock, who also has a lighter frame and has been prone to being banged up. I also have questions if Corral can operate at an adequate level outside of the RPO system that Kiffin runs.

Willis obviously has the most upside but he's very raw. I get that he didn't have much around him at Liberty but his footwork, accuracy and ability to process what he's seeing needs a lot of work. I would have liked to see him more polished as a passer to warrant spending a top 10 pick on him.

Ridder has good size and physical traits as well. I just think he wasn't as good as he should have been considering Cincinnati had a pretty good team and was well coached.

I wasn't big on Howell to begin with and I thought this season validated that. The more I watch, I admit, the less critical I have become. I will say, given the body of work of these top 5 prospects, I do like his the best. Another thing I had thought of, although I don't know the level of significance, is that he played with Javonte and if that is going to be considered in the evaluation process.

So I think if we go QB early, I would go Howell, Willis, Ridder, Corral, Pickett.

As for a mid-round pick, Eleby is the only one I really like. He's got a decent skill set to be a better back up or 3rd QB than Rypien. I think he's a better fit than Zappe would be.

The more I look into Strong, the more I don't think he fits what the Broncos want to do.
    Last edited by sra84; 02-27-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Now everyone know I love qbs more than any other position lol.

I agree with you 100% about Pickett. I'm not saying he will be good or bad.....just not on that hype train. I don't like these "pop on the scene qbs" then the sports world have rave about him then all of a sudden he shoot past everyone that they spoke about previously.....Just not on his train...again my film watch on him is "meh"

I still like Corral a lot. His frame doesn't concern me at all. Packing on weight and muscle can do him very good and seeing what he weights in. I like his hard work. He cut down on the ints a lot this year and took care of the ball. Sucks he had that bowl injury. But with a strong combine and pro day...I love to have him a Bronco.

Willis, you know ow you and I disagree with him. Bc I'm looking deeper a qb is only as good as the people you put on the field around him. Accuracy, footwork also attribute to protection. Now I'm NOT saying he doesn't need to work on these think heck ion care what qb comes out they need to work on it for the NFL level. I said it once if he gets with a creative O.C. and get coached up a tad. He truly can something special. Everyone knows how I like LJ...and he is a better passer than LJ coming outta college. But we will see.

Ridder I like. I think he's gonna have sneaky good combine. But I feel like he would need to have a lot around him to be perfect. I just don't get that over the game feeling.

Howell- ion view him that same as some. He's a good qb. I don't like his pocket awareness sometimes. I feel he takes unnecessary sacks. He did put up decent numbers but not the same consistency as last year. I know he mainly loss his two rds...but to me that gave he opportunity to show what he could do without them. He may get picked by a team that doesn't have a great running game like he had in the 2020 season.

Strong-imo a dying bread qb. Pure pocket passers are becoming a thing of the past. You got to be able to move and create, extend plays. Patrick, Herbert, and Carr all can do these things. We were a couple of seconds from having 3 teams in the AFC west make the playoffs with us being the team on the outside looking in.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I agree with you 100% about Pickett. I'm not saying he will be good or bad.....just not on that hype train. I don't like these "pop on the scene qbs" then the sports world have rave about him then all of a sudden he shoot past everyone that they spoke about previously.....Just not on his train...again my film watch on him is "meh"

I still like Corral a lot. His frame doesn't concern me at all. Packing on weight and muscle can do him very good and seeing what he weights in. I like his hard work. He cut down on the ints a lot this year and took care of the ball. Sucks he had that bowl injury. But with a strong combine and pro day...I love to have him a Bronco.

Willis, you know ow you and I disagree with him. Bc I'm looking deeper a qb is only as good as the people you put on the field around him. Accuracy, footwork also attribute to protection. Now I'm NOT saying he doesn't need to work on these think heck ion care what qb comes out they need to work on it for the NFL level. I said it once if he gets with a creative O.C. and get coached up a tad. He truly can something special. Everyone knows how I like LJ...and he is a better passer than LJ coming outta college. But we will see.

Ridder I like. I think he's gonna have sneaky good combine. But I feel like he would need to have a lot around him to be perfect. I just don't get that over the game feeling.

Howell- ion view him that same as some. He's a good qb. I don't like his pocket awareness sometimes. I feel he takes unnecessary sacks. He did put up decent numbers but not the same consistency as last year. I know he mainly loss his two rds...but to me that gave he opportunity to show what he could do without them. He may get picked by a team that doesn't have a great running game like he had in the 2020 season.

Strong-imo a dying bread qb. Pure pocket passers are becoming a thing of the past. You got to be able to move and create, extend plays. Patrick, Herbert, and Carr all can do these things. We were a couple of seconds from having 3 teams in the AFC west make the playoffs with us being the team on the outside looking in.
        All good and fair points. I understand that everyone has their own opinions.

I think we do agree that if we don't trade for a quarterback, we do need to draft one. I just can't see us rolling with Lock and another mid-round developmental guy.

I also try to look at how Paton and Hackett are going to go about drafting a quarterback if it comes to that. Along with system fit, they preach culture, high character, and accountability. So, I am interested to see how the combine and the interviews with these guys go.
        Last edited by sra84; 02-27-2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Good post-
          What I like so much about Howell is the fact that team not only lost their top running game, but their OLine was terrible. He- by default became the teams best option on the ground... and he really showed another level to his game (800+ yds). Pair that with the throwing ability/touch and you absolutely have something to work with and around.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

All good and fair points. I understand that everyone has their own opinions.

I think we do agree that if we don't trade for a quarterback, we do need to draft one. I just can't see us rolling with Lock and another mid-round developmental guy.

I also try to look at how Paton and Hackett are going to go about drafting a quarterback if it comes to that. Along with system fit, they preach culture, high character, and accountability. So, I am interested to see how the combine and the interviews with these guys go.

I will ask, you said, regarding Willis, a QB is only good as the people around him on the field but with Howell, he lost his some of his weapons and had a chance to prove himself. If it's what's around Willis, shouldn't that also apply to Howell?
            Would you say the overall talent at UNC is better than liberty?

I'm not saying the 2 rbs he lose. You take UNC team with the loses of players and the team still has more talent than liberty right or wrong?

My thing is if you put Howell, Pickett, Ridder, strong,on liberty would that have won more games? I highly doubt it and for "some" those qbs I bet they would have lost more games. Imo if you put Willis on those same roster he would have done just as good as those good and in some cases even better.

just for him to put liberty on the map and be considered as a top 10 to 15 picks speaks volumes. Imo. Ijs.

Comment

I'm a Pickett guy, pretty sure I have that made clear in just about every thread LOL. Might as well state it here too. If he had only started 1 or 2 years and had the great season he did I'd be a little more hesitant to get behind him. He has started 4 straight years though and he did what he needed to. He did it, he made all the throws and he made some excellent decisions during the season to put himself in position to be the top guy drafted.

Sure, he had some fumbling issues and that is a legit concern but who has awesome games in weather? Who is known for playing great in nasty weather? NOBODY plays great in high winds, heavy rain or snow. Hand size is a non factor for me. I'm just an arm chair QB and not a professional scout but of all the QBs drafted last year and the kids in this class....who statistically had the best season?

1 overall. Lawrence- 3153 yds 24 tds 5 ints

2 overall. Wilson - 3692 yds 33 tds 3 ints

3 overall. Lance - NA

11 overall. Fields - (8 games) 2100 yds 22 tds 6 ints

15 overall. Jones - 4500 yds 42 tds 7 ints

Pickett - 4319 yds 42 tds 7 ints

Lawrence and Jones clearly played better competition and offensive schemes make them more ready for the Pros. What makes the others stand out and are "hands down" better than Pickett? Hand size? I'm not buying it.

Height was always an issue, "No QB under 6 ft can play in the pros" ....uh huh. Now? "No QB that has small hands can play in the pros"....uh huh
              Last edited by JvDub95; 02-27-2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Would you say the overall talent at UNC is better than liberty?

I'm not saying the 2 rbs he lose. You take UNC team with the loses of players and the team still has more talent than liberty right or wrong?

My thing is if you put Howell, Pickett, Ridder, strong,on liberty would that have won more games? I highly doubt it and for "some" those qbs I bet they would have lost more games. Imo if you put Willis on those same roster he would have done just as good as those good and in some cases even better.

just for him to put liberty on the map and be considered as a top 10 to 15 picks speaks volumes. Imo. Ijs.
                Obviously no one can say for certain one way or another, how they would fare, but I think Howell's accuracy, especially downfield, along with his mobility, I believe could have had similar success at Liberty.

Could Willis have been better if he was at UNC. It's possible given the talent that would have been around him but I think given how raw he is I think it's possible he wouldn't have had a significantly greater amount of success.

I think overall, the success they would have had if they switched schools wouldn't have changed all that much.

I think Willis is a good prospect but he's just very raw. Howell is more refined as a passer, in my opinion.

I have Howell and Willis as my top 2 choices. I'd be ok with either one.
                Last edited by sra84; 02-27-2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Obviously no one can say for certain one way or another, how they would fare, but I think Howell's accuracy, especially downfield, along with his mobility, I believe could have had similar success at Liberty.

Could Willis have been better if he was at UNC. It's possible given the talent that would have been around him but I think given how raw he is I think it's possible he wouldn't have had a significantly greater amount of success.

I think overall, the success they would have had if they switched schools wouldn't have changed all that much.

I think Willis is a good prospect but he's just very raw. Howell is more refined as a passer, in my opinion.

I have Howell and Willis as my top 2 choices. I'd be ok with either one.
                  Good points u would sat Howell and Corral may would have done about the same as willis....

My top two is stilis Willis and Corral. I too would be happier with either one of them.

Comment

Good points u would sat Howell and Corral may would have done about the same as willis....

My top two is stilis Willis and Corral. I too would be happier with either one of them.
                    It's all guessing and opinions. The more I watched and evaluated Howell and Willis, I did see several similarities in their game. I think they'd best fit us out of this class. They are both strong armed, tough, mobile guys who can absorb contact and seem to be guys who can get his teammates fired up. And knowing the kind of guy Hackett is, that seems like his kind of quarterback.

Corral is tough to gauge. His frame aside, I just don't have enough on him outside of the RPO offense to go on. Kiffin did a great job playing to Matt's stregnth but I have questions how that translates to the NFL, especially Hackett's system. I think the combine interviews are key as to whether Corral is a potential prospect for the Broncos.

I look at whom I think fits what Paton and Hackett are building. Right now, I think Howell and Willis best fit that mold.

That could obviously change over the next few weeks.

And I will admit I have come around a little more on a couple of these quartebacks. I'm still not super high on them but I'm not as down on them as I was during the season.
                    Last edited by sra84; 02-27-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

What round do you think we could get Howell in?

Comment

It's all guessing and opinions. The more I watched and evaluated Howell and Willis, I did see several similarities in their game. I think they'd best fit us out of this class. They are both strong armed, tough, mobile guys who can absorb contact and seem to be guys who can get his teammates fired up. And knowing the kind of guy Hackett is, that seems like his kind of quarterback.

Corral is tough to gauge. His frame aside, I just don't have enough on him outside of the RPO offense to go on. Kiffin did a great job playing to Matt's stregnth but I have questions how that translates to the NFL, especially Hackett's system. I think the combine interviews are key as to whether Corral is a potential prospect for the Broncos.

I look at whom I think fits what Paton and Hackett are building. Right now, I think Howell and Willis best fit that mold.

That could obviously change over the next few weeks.

And I will admit I have come around a little more on a couple of these quartebacks. I'm still not super high on them but I'm not as down on them as I was during the season.
                        Almost all the top have qbs had rpo systems or was a big part except for Mac Jones. I will never say any qb can't learn or thrive in a new system. Yet Hackett has gone on record saying he will play to his players strengths. He is the HC/play caller. He can make his playbook however he wants. So, I won't be like trying to force a square shape in a round hole.

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
                          What round do you think we could get Howell in?
                          I think he is a late 1, early 2nd myself

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I think he is a late 1, early 2nd myself
                            I agree with this.

Comment

Almost all the top have qbs had rpo systems or was a big part except for Mac Jones. I will never say any qb can't learn or thrive in a new system. Yet Hackett has gone on record saying he will play to his players strengths. He is the HC/play caller. He can make his playbook however he wants. So, I won't be like trying to force a square shape in a round hole.
                              Very true.

I guess it just comes down to preference.

Gotta run for now. Good talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X