Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 NFL combine..All about the qbs baby!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Well, Quinn Meinerz was drafted last year and ended up starting. Hackett recently said he will start which apparently makes Bolles (also drafted by Denver) and Meinerz locks for the five. The year before, Elway drafted Lloyd Cushenberry who has started every game and played all except fifty snaps or so the past two seasons. Elway also drafted Netane Muti who has four starts.

Of all the O-Line spots Billy Turner has played, RT seems to be his best. Tom Compton had seven starts last year at RT for the Niners, I believe. Calvin Anderson has developed into a good game day Swing Tackle.

The most important thing for Denver's O-Line this year is to find their best spots, identify the five and numbers six, seven, eight and possibly nine, and develop chemistry and unit cohesion. With new O-Line coaches and a new rushing attack, it will be very interesting to see.
    I’m fine with the interior of the line and fully understand it’s full of youngsters. But Risner seemed to regress some last year as did Bolles in year two under Munchak.

My main concern is really the tackle spot on both sides of the ball. I’m sure it will help having Russ but he isn’t exactly a QB who doesn’t have a reputation of holding on too long. Which is what’s killed our line since Peyton retired. But we will see.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Nailed it Sam. I didn’t mean to be so rude to Can about it yesterday. It has nothing to do with Metchie being from Canada. I got nothing against Canadian players. It was strictly that I despise him as an Alabama player. He did that obnoxious crane stance last year which drives us AU fans nuts. And they ripped our hearts out after we dominated 58 minutes of that game.

But yeah I’m very familiar with a lot of the stories you mentioned and outside of my own family I can’t stand most Alabama fans. I’ve quit associating with many of them due to their arrogance.

And yeah I don’t actually wish bad things on either Surtain or Juedy. Since they are Broncos I hope they are studs. But I will say when either screws up I’m extra angry about it. But as long as they are on our roster I will learn to pull for them.
      Wow....to sum up what I understand. I have had rivalries of all forms (in sports), but this one seems very, very unhealthy. To hope for players to be busts because of it is completely strange. Sorry dude. In fact, players I've had rivalries with are often players I want on my team.

So you are saying that nothing a person can do can salvage respect, just because??? Even the nicest folks in the world?

BTW, I am not too worried about the Canadian thing other than, as a community, I do not think any of us should knock someone for feeling good for their homies. People talk about their home growners all the time, and I would not be in a hurry to knock the wind out of their moment of happiness. Mind you some have chosen to take shots at my favs, to which I jot down as immaturity.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Wow....to sum up what I understand. I have had rivalries of all forms (in sports), but this one seems very, very unhealthy. To hope for players to be busts because of it is completely strange. Sorry dude. In fact, players I've had rivalries with are often players I want on my team.

So you are saying that nothing a person can do can salvage respect, just because??? Even the nicest folks in the world?

BTW, I am not too worried about the Canadian thing other than, as a community, I do not think any of us should knock someone for feeling good for their homies. People talk about their home growners all the time, and I would not be in a hurry to knock the wind out of their moment of happiness. Mind you some have chosen to take shots at my favs, to which I jot down as immaturity.
        As I stated yesterday Can I’m not really all that worried what your thoughts on the subject are. It’s very odd to me this has you so spun up. You may not understand it but as Sam stated it’s the way of life down here with that rivalry. The fact it bugs you? I could care less.

Being an Auburn fan in this state (even though it’s our home state too) is like being a Broncos fan in Raiders or Chiefs territory. And right now while they are also constantly the best team in the country. It can be quite miserable. So I’m not apologizing to anyone that doesn’t understand why I will never support any of their players at the pro level if it’s not as a Bronco. I guess you’d have to live here to understand but I’m guessing many other states share these types of rivalries in sports where they don’t wish luck for the opposing teams players either. I know for a fact a good Ohio st buddy of mine is 10 times worse with Michigan alum.
        sigpic

Comment

As I stated yesterday Can I’m not really all that worried what your thoughts on the subject are. It’s very odd to me this has you so spun up. You may not understand it but as Sam stated it’s the way of life down here with that rivalry. The fact it bugs you? I could care less.

Being an Auburn fan in this state (even though it’s our home state too) is like being a Broncos fan in Raiders or Chiefs territory. And right now while they are also constantly the best team in the country. It can be quite miserable. So I’m not apologizing to anyone that doesn’t understand why I will never support any of their players at the pro level if it’s not as a Bronco. I guess you’d have to live here to understand but I’m guessing many other states share these types of rivalries in sports where they don’t wish luck for the opposing teams players either. I know for a fact a good Ohio st buddy of mine is 10 times worse with Michigan alum.
          I could care less about your thoughts on this topic as well. I find it humorous that you would respond the way you did without any explanation, as in, I hope he’s a bust.

I could care less about the bizarre nature of rivalries you describe. Maybe read my Metchie post and your response again, and tell me it is simple to follow. Or wait, I’m supposed to know what you are thinking. Here we go, mind reading 101.

I guess I was supposed to understand your response for some very confusing reason. The college situation and the major rivalry…and the extent of the negative wishes.

Like I’ve said before, it’s strange when you have good discussions for a long time and then folks kinda turn in the opposite direction, spurred by nothing apparent.

🤔

Comment

I am with you 100% it is only about the Denver Broncos for me !! No Other Team No Other Player it is what it is and Yes I am trapped behind enemy lines here in Nevada !! LoL

Comment

Working...
            X