X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I’m cool with Trey McBride in the 2nd but I would absolutely love Jelani Woods in the 3rd.
    He seems similar to Zach Gentry; high school QB who played basketball and was converted to TE in college.

Jelani really broke out last year after he transferred to Virginia for what turned out to be Bronco Mendenhall's last season there as HC: 44 rec/598 yards/8 TDs. How is his blocking? He would be another good red zone target for Denver.

FWIW his explosion number is 72 which is pretty good.

Some mocks have Denver getting Chad Muma in the second round. If that happened and they followed that up with Jelani Woods in the third, I'd be ecstatic, too.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-19-2022, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I’m cool with Trey McBride in the 2nd but I would absolutely love Jelani Woods in the 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i would lose love to look into Trey Mcbride. i am not to impressed with fant.
    It is terrible to lose love.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    i would love to look into Trey Mcbride. i am not to impressed with fant.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-04-2022, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Skyy Moore.....this kid is going to be good

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    This is the guy i want:

6'4 208
    unofficial 4.28 40
    also does returns...

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...at-nfl-combine

Leave a comment:

• RockWarrior84
    replied
    Oregon State tight end Teagan Quitoriano Is my sleeper TE pick. Homer pick but he is 6’6” 255 lb and a great blocker with decent hands. Hope he shows up at combine.

Leave a comment:

• RockWarrior84
    replied
    I don’t see a WR on day 1 or 2 but a slipping a TE or RB could we swept up day 2. I could see some mid draft picks used to shore up STs though.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    i think we need to pay attention to mid round TE

Conner Heyward may be good for a mid round guy. play fb or TE for us.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Late round KJ Hamler insurance policy?

Not as fast as KJ, but you could do a hell of a lot worse.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    QB measurement day is today?
    Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 03-03-2022, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Going to be interesting to see if they bring back Gordon. I don’t think they do unless on a very team friendly amount.

I would like to see them draft one instead. My sweet spot is higher then most. I think end of the 3rd or the 4th could land a talented back.
    My personal favorite to this point is Jerome Ford. 5’11/220 with speed. But would be just as happy with Allgier or Robinson.

Having two bigger dynamic RBs like Williams and RB to be drafted is my preference.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I was wondering how kj would be after the knee injury. His speed was his best asset.

I agree that pookie is a starting rb but I wonder how he would do in the stretch zone scheme along with being the #1 especially if Gordon us gone. Just a thought.

Do you think that we will pick up the 5th year option on Fant based on his injury history?
    KJ is the big question. He really messed up his knee. But given he's probably our 4th WR, I don't see a high premium being put on WR in the draft, unless we move one of the other 3.

I think Javonte was a big factor that went into deciding on how Hackett's system would benefit him. Hackett also said he's about building his system around the player's stregnth.

And I do think they pick up Fant's option. I think he was misused under Shurmur and I think since he's a better receiving TE, they could really use him given the uncertainity surrounding Hamler and they need as many good receiving options as possible.

But I believe Albert could be traded or cut to make room for a blocking TE.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    I was wondering how kj would be after the knee injury. His speed was his best asset.

I agree that pookie is a starting rb but I wonder how he would do in the stretch zone scheme along with being the #1 especially if Gordon us gone. Just a thought.

Do you think that we will pick up the 5th year option on Fant based on his injury history?

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Regardless if Gordon is back, I think we will draft a running back, but not until day 3. I just don't see us investing money into the position and I don't think Gordon will be back.

Javonte is our starter and Boone showed some promise in his limited carries. But we do need to add depth.

Unless we trade a WR, I don't see us drafting one unless it's late in round 6 or 7. We signed Sutton and Patrick, and we still have Jeudy and Hamler.

TE is possible. Fant and Okwuegbanum aren't great blocking TE's and to run Hackett's scheme, I think we need better blocking at the position. I could see us maybe moving Albert and drafting someone like Jeremy Ruckert, maybe at the end of round 3 or round 4.

I do think we need better blocking from our WR and TE to make this offensive system work so I think some changes are possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X