No announcement yet.

2022 D-line and linebackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Von Miller all but saying he’s coming back to Denver. He started out strong last season, faded after the trade, and then put together another run statistically similar to his Super Bowl MVP season. Will be interesting to see how much juice he still has and if Chubb can hold off Cooper, as well as how much a rotation of those 3 will help them stay healthy.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 03-07-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Does Thibidoux reach us at 9? It seems like just last month he was locked into being the first pick. then I kept seeing Hutchinson creep past him, now the loaded offensive line class might push him down even further.

A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
        Does Thibidoux reach us at 9? It seems like just last month he was locked into being the first pick. then I kept seeing Hutchinson creep past him, now the loaded offensive line class might push him down even further.
        I think he does, but I don’t think we take him. I think most are going to want him to play OLB and I don’t think that’s his game. 3-4 or 4-3 I think you want him in the dirt so he can maximize his strength. I think the NFL knows that, but because he’s 255 or whatever they won’t feel good about it until he actually proves that’s what he’s good at in the NFL. Also recent history from Oregon pass rushers at his size probably hasn’t helped. Seemed like Armstead and Buckner were only going to be so so players until a scheme change moved them inside and then they had that other guy who was a massive bust (can’t remember his name) and I think there was one other guy too but I can’t remember him either. Thibodeaux is kind of in that same mold, although I think he has the strength of Armstead/Buckner, but with an edge rushers speed but lacking the flexibility of a great edge rusher. I see a violently strong pass rusher with limited flexibility but great closing speed, and one who knows he needs to have pass rushing moves and kind of knows how to do them but it’s unrefined and not as effective as it should be given how strong he is.

I have a sinking feeling he is going to fall to the Chargers.
        Last edited by beastlyskronk; 03-08-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think he does, but I don’t think we take him. I think most are going to want him to play OLB and I don’t think that’s his game. 3-4 or 4-3 I think you want him in the dirt so he can maximize his strength. I think the NFL knows that, but because he’s 255 or whatever they won’t feel good about it until he actually proves that’s what he’s good at in the NFL. Also recent history from Oregon pass rushers at his size probably hasn’t helped. Seemed like Armstead and Buckner were only going to be so so players until a scheme change moved them inside and then they had that other guy who was a massive bust (can’t remember his name) and I think there was one other guy too but I can’t remember him either. Thibodeaux is kind of in that same mold, although I think he has the strength of Armstead/Buckner, but with an edge rushers speed but lacking the flexibility of a great edge rusher. I see a violently strong pass rusher with limited flexibility but great closing speed, and one who knows he needs to have pass rushing moves and kind of knows how to do them but it’s unrefined and not as effective as it should be given how strong he is.

I have a sinking feeling he is going to fall to the Chargers.
          Dion Jordan. Only remember him for the reason you probably know. You might be right about Thibodeaux. I really haven't watched much of him, because I never expected us to have a shot.

I will say this though, if the guy had done some drills at the combine, it could've provided some clarity. Maybe that's part of the reason he didn't though. On the other hand, Drake Jackson is a guy who some say the same thing about, and he was all in at the combine. Even brought his own fan club.
          Last edited by Spice 1; 03-08-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

To me, it's about impact each position need will have overall. I think upgrading the D-line will impact defensive performance most dramatically. So, priority focus:
            1. Defensive line, significantly 2. Cornerback
            3. Linebacker

Comment

Working...
            X