2022 NFL combine CBs and Safeties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

I like jones because hes good at both cb and returner. Thats why i also want watson. I think they both can contirbute not just at their position but on special teams as well. Im tired of carrying spencer as a returner when he does little to contribute otherwise or even as a returner

i think woolen has that versatility to play a hybrid cb/ss role. He has the necessary athleticism, it would be more if he can do it mentally

i want athletic, versitle smart players that will finish every play.
    I'm digging that. Woolen is flying up boards, and I highly doubt he's going to slow down at the combine.

Forget what I said about Coby Bryant and Derion Kendrick. Not that I don't like them but for the price give me Mario Goodrich. I would even draft him late 3rd. I think I'm sold. I like Marcus Jones a lot too though. Wish it was possible to get them both. Gordon's going to be pricier, but best of both worlds athletically. Gordon has developing to do, but he should be more of a plug and play guy than they are.

Watch the Clemson games if you get the chance though. You'll like Goodrich, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I'm digging that. Woolen is flying up boards, and I highly doubt he's going to slow down at the combine.

Forget what I said about Coby Bryant and Derion Kendrick. Not that I don't like them but for the price give me Mario Goodrich. I would even draft him late 3rd. I think I'm sold. I like Marcus Jones a lot too though. Wish it was possible to get them both. Gordon's going to be pricier, but best of both worlds athletically. Gordon has developing to do, but he should be more of a plug and play guy than they are.

Watch the Clemson games if you get the chance though. You'll like Goodrich, trust me.
      Ive been meaning to check out goodrich.

Have you been seeing bryant go higher than 3rd-4th round? Ive seen kyler routinely go between late first through late 3rd. Honestly i have no idea where jones will end up. Ive seen him as high as 3rd round on down to around 5th round.

i will look more into goodrich and get back to you
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Ive been meaning to check out goodrich.

Have you been seeing bryant go higher than 3rd-4th round? Ive seen kyler routinely go between late first through late 3rd. Honestly i have no idea where jones will end up. Ive seen him as high as 3rd round on down to around 5th round.

i will look more into goodrich and get back to you
        Usually middle to late 3rd. Goodrich is usually going in the 4th. I've only seen one guy so far who has Goodrich ahead of Bryant, and I think I agree with him. I'd be okay with taking Gordon somewhere in the 2nd though.

Comment

Ok ok let's see what these guys can do!!!
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Brisker is going to be one of the top DBs in the strength tests and if his speed checks in- he will work his way into the 1st.

Comment

Garnder looks legit. I think the guys on NFL Network said he never gave up a TD at Cincinnati.

Woolen has speed. Good size, too. He could go in round 2.

This is a fast, athletic DB class.

Booth didn't participate because of a quad injury. They said it wasn't serious.

Brisker injured his back during drills but should be ok for his pro day.

Stingley is cleared for his pro day too.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                Garnder looks legit. I think the guys on NFL Network said he never gave up a TD at Cincinnati.

Woolen has speed. Good size, too. He could go in round 2.

This is a fast, athletic DB class.

Booth didn't participate because of a quad injury. They said it wasn't serious.

Brisker injured his back during drills but should be ok for his pro day.

Stingley is cleared for his pro day too.
                "Gardner might have had the matter-of-fact quote of the combine Saturday morning. He did not surrender a touchdown in his college career and was asked how he would react when he gives one up in the NFL. Without even a pause he said: "I don't plan on giving one up in the NFL either."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

There’s a plethora of good, fast, tall, physical CBs in this draft. Obviously Gardner is exceptional but at 9 that’s probably too early for us.

The second CB to be taken though will be interesting. Stingley was lights out as a freshman, but not quite up to that level the past 2 seasons, was that due to being heavier, injuries, the team not being as competitive? Probably all of the above, but if motivation is an issue in college, millions of dollars usually doesn’t change that. Still he’s an incredible talent. Tariq Woolen honestly probably vaulted himself into the first round and might push Stingley for that 2nd spot. You can’t teach 6’4” and 4.26 speed, but you can teach Woolen to play CB which he’s only played for 2 seasons. Very much a boom or bust player, but I have no doubt a team will buy into the potential which is Richard Sherman size with Champ Bailey speed/movement skills.

After those 3 I think it’ll become a question of do you want a great slot guy in McDuffie or another guy with elite potential in Kaiir Elam. McDuffie is the top slot guy IMO in a class light on slot corners. Elam could very well end up being the best CB from this draft class. I think either one would work for us if they last to the 2nd round. Elam poses an odd fit as it gives us 3 really young 6’2” CBs but none of them have stiff hips. Ojemudia would have to play outside though so maybe Surtain or Elam takes the slot when he comes in. If Elam is gone, then McDuffie would be a great choice as well.

After that I think Zyon McCollum would be my next choice. Much like Woolen, you can’t teach 6’3” 4.3 speed. He’s still rough around the edges but there’s a lot of potential and he could possibly creep up even higher and sneak into the 1st. Kyler Gordon would be good too, he tested poorly for what was anticipated but there’s no questioning his athleticism on the field. He’d be a good slot option as well.

I don’t think Booth worked out and I really haven’t watched too much of him but I know some guys have him pretty highly rated with most mocks projecting him in the first round. Another guy I do like who will probably slide is Martin Emerson, the ball skills were lacking in college but he has the tools to be a very solid CB, I wouldn’t mind picking him up later in the draft.

As for the safeties, man this is a strong safety class and one of these days the NFL will figure out that great safeties are more important than great CBs. Hamilton, Cine, Hill, Brisker, and Pitre should all be first round picks. Kalon Barnes probably won’t be a great CB even with his ridiculous 40 time, but you put him at FS and develop him there he’ll be the steal of the draft. Unfortunately we really don’t need to draft a S early, but Barnes could be an option later. He should make for a fine return man/special teams gunner as well, maybe even some gadget plays on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    There’s a plethora of good, fast, tall, physical CBs in this draft. Obviously Gardner is exceptional but at 9 that’s probably too early for us.

The second CB to be taken though will be interesting. Stingley was lights out as a freshman, but not quite up to that level the past 2 seasons, was that due to being heavier, injuries, the team not being as competitive? Probably all of the above, but if motivation is an issue in college, millions of dollars usually doesn’t change that. Still he’s an incredible talent. Tariq Woolen honestly probably vaulted himself into the first round and might push Stingley for that 2nd spot. You can’t teach 6’4” and 4.26 speed, but you can teach Woolen to play CB which he’s only played for 2 seasons. Very much a boom or bust player, but I have no doubt a team will buy into the potential which is Richard Sherman size with Champ Bailey speed/movement skills.

After those 3 I think it’ll become a question of do you want a great slot guy in McDuffie or another guy with elite potential in Kaiir Elam. McDuffie is the top slot guy IMO in a class light on slot corners. Elam could very well end up being the best CB from this draft class. I think either one would work for us if they last to the 2nd round. Elam poses an odd fit as it gives us 3 really young 6’2” CBs but none of them have stiff hips. Ojemudia would have to play outside though so maybe Surtain or Elam takes the slot when he comes in. If Elam is gone, then McDuffie would be a great choice as well.

After that I think Zyon McCollum would be my next choice. Much like Woolen, you can’t teach 6’3” 4.3 speed. He’s still rough around the edges but there’s a lot of potential and he could possibly creep up even higher and sneak into the 1st. Kyler Gordon would be good too, he tested poorly for what was anticipated but there’s no questioning his athleticism on the field. He’d be a good slot option as well.

I don’t think Booth worked out and I really haven’t watched too much of him but I know some guys have him pretty highly rated with most mocks projecting him in the first round. Another guy I do like who will probably slide is Martin Emerson, the ball skills were lacking in college but he has the tools to be a very solid CB, I wouldn’t mind picking him up later in the draft.

As for the safeties, man this is a strong safety class and one of these days the NFL will figure out that great safeties are more important than great CBs. Hamilton, Cine, Hill, Brisker, and Pitre should all be first round picks. Kalon Barnes probably won’t be a great CB even with his ridiculous 40 time, but you put him at FS and develop him there he’ll be the steal of the draft. Unfortunately we really don’t need to draft a S early, but Barnes could be an option later. He should make for a fine return man/special teams gunner as well, maybe even some gadget plays on offense.
                    McCreary might be a good slot at the next level. If not, play him more in off coverage on the boundary like Samuel in LA last year. I think he should be in the conversation though.

Yeah, the safeties are pretty good. That's a really, really good list at the top, and that's before we even start talking about guys like Cross or Cook. Monday isn't bad, but I wouldn't want him having to cover much.

Comment

After first wave of FA, I think Marcus Jones should be near top of our board. Can play the slot, quick, agile...and a very good KR/PR guy. Could be a guy to see field early.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

I wanted to trade up to get Lewis Cine but with Jackson having a 1 year deal that's not as necessary. Tycen Anderson is a serviceable late round pick.

CB wise Alontae Taylor is a nice and Zyon McCollum are good possible targets
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-10-2022, 04:47 PM.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                        X