2022 NFL combine the BIG UGLY... online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 NFL combine the BIG UGLY... online

We need a RT I won't lie. 3 tackles could got in top 10 easy. Will we sure up the line for our next qb? Let's talk about it!!!!
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

The free agent OT list is kind of 'meh', so, I think Paton will address the RT position in the draft.

I don't think it will be in the first round. I believe Neal and Ekwonu will be gone before #9 and I have heard about their being questions about Cross, most notably, questions about his physicality, or lack thereof, and if he's really a top 10 worthy OT. OT in the first would be more likely if Paton trades down.

Plus, I think there are some good prospects that will be available day 2, whom I think aren't much of a drop off, as a prospect, after Cross and Penning.

I think, if we don't go quarterback, it will be a defensive player, specifically, edge. That may be at #9 or a trade down.

Comment

I agree. I wondering what tackle gonna shoot up the board during/bc of the combine.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        I agree. I wondering what tackle gonna shoot up the board during/bc of the combine.
        Hard to tell. I do think it's possible Penning moves up past Cross to the 3rd ranked OT.

Berhnard Raimann and Max Mitchell are two names I've heard who could improve their stock.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Hard to tell. I do think it's possible Penning moves up past Cross to the 3rd ranked OT.

Berhnard Raimann and Max Mitchell are two names I've heard who could improve their stock.
          Would love for Denver to get Penning.

Comment

this o-line Class looks really strong tbh. i am really impressed by it
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I'm pretty mixed about it. Penning's unnecessary roughness penalties...scare the hell out of me. I mean, sure, I like the rest of us loved his mean streak on display during Senior Bowl practices...but a lot of those finishing throws were pretty unnecessary. I mean the top 3 all have their facets they accel at, Cross pass blocking, Kkwonu run blocking...and Neal looks like he was genetically engineered in a laboratory. I like Faalele, but I think he will go in-between our picks. If I'm looking for some mid round guys that could immediatly plug in as a swing T or 6th OL, I like Abraham Lucas and Luke Goedeke.

That being said, I'm all about drafting OT, but if neither of the top 3 are there at 9, I would rather approach it by bringing back Massie and draft a OT in the mid rounds.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

These big men are gradually being more built like LBs, except bigger! Aaron Donald (not an oliner) is a pretty big man, and his body reminds me of a bodybuilder. That's scary if he's chasing you down at a pretty high speed! But this Evan Neal, about 6'7" and 350 pounds, looks way too trim for a huge man!

He might go #1 overall.

I am sure that not all trench types are going to look like him in the near future, but the trend has been changing, and "big and built" is not a rare thing anymore.

Comment

Rasheed Walker is a guy who is being overlooked but has similar strengths as Penning. Big, athletic and a mean streak in the run game to go along with. I don't think he makes it past the 3rd, but I am surprised to see so many OT ranked ahead of him. Potential top 5 pick Aiden Hutchinson mentioned Walker specifically when asked about some of the toughest competition he has faced.

Penn States pro day is Mar 24 and I expect it to be one of the most attended by Coaches and reps. Walker should have a great chance to improve his stock, but as of now he seems to be one of the forgotten OTs
                  Last edited by atwaterandstir; 03-05-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                    I'm pretty mixed about it. Penning's unnecessary roughness penalties...scare the hell out of me. I mean, sure, I like the rest of us loved his mean streak on display during Senior Bowl practices...but a lot of those finishing throws were pretty unnecessary. I mean the top 3 all have their facets they accel at, Cross pass blocking, Kkwonu run blocking...and Neal looks like he was genetically engineered in a laboratory. I like Faalele, but I think he will go in-between our picks. If I'm looking for some mid round guys that could immediatly plug in as a swing T or 6th OL, I like Abraham Lucas and Luke Goedeke.

That being said, I'm all about drafting OT, but if neither of the top 3 are there at 9, I would rather approach it by bringing back Massie and draft a OT in the mid rounds.
                    If Denver's rushing attack is going to be predominantly outside/wide zone, the O-Linemen need to be movers, guys who can move laterally multiple steps and handoff defenders while working downfield. In the event Denver drafts a T, look for that kind of guy. Don't know how much angle blocking Hackett's O will use, but indication is plenty of zone steps.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I like Penning, having him and Meinerz next to each other with Williams bouncing off would be tacklers, it’s the kind of offense I enjoy. Unfortunately QB might be too pressing to pass up. I’d love to trade back in the first with that extra second and next year’s first if we could snag one of these top OTs and Willis.

Comment

I honestly believe that we need both a RT and LT because I am still having nightmares of Bolles holding on every single flippin play.

Comment

If we don't get a tackle early, we need to draft Spencer Burford and develop him.

Comment

What do you guys think of Nicholas Petit-Frere? Played LT and RT.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                              What do you guys think of Nicholas Petit-Frere? Played LT and RT.
                              He's never fallen to 64 for me in a mock, but I'd take him. I wonder if they'd trade up a little for him? Paton's not shy when it comes to guys he likes.

Comment

Working...
                              X