Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post

What the hell are the Chiefs doing
    Funny. I am thinking “ what is Hill doing”?

He just chose to leave a contender to catch passes from Tua and Bridgewater. Have fun with that!

Chiefs just dealing with the ramifications of the Mahomes mega contract. Now they add two more talented rookie contracts with #29 and 50 this year. Guessing one is a WR.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-23-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• The chiefs will regret this. I guess they’re betting on Hardman being able to replicate what Hill brings to the table, but Hill is one of a kind. He’s more than just speed, his ability to stop quite literally on a dime is what makes him so incredibly difficult to stop. You play off because of the speed and Mahomes arm but when he stops and turns defenders just can’t get there quick enough to have a hope of limiting him. The only hope is that Mahomes is late on the throw because Hill can catch the ball and get up to top speed in the blink of an eye.

I’ve been critical of Mahomes reliance on his natural ability and have said that Hill was the vital cog that made that offense what it was. Without Hill, Mahomes is going to have to improve his mechanics and his timing. He’ll still make incredible plays based off his ability to extend plays but without Hill, that offense is going to be a lot less explosive even if Hardman can offer similar speed. We probably won’t be seeing him run 20 yards behind the scrimmage and launching it nearly as much this season.

Comment

• On the flip side, great move for the Dolphins. The contract is going to suck, but with Waddle and I think Fuller they have a ton of speed. Gesicki is probably going to put up elite numbers while defenses try to figure out how to stop all that speed. If Tua is half of what evaluators thought he could be, they’re going to be a tough out

Comment

• I agree that Hill has a unique skillset and impacts the game tremendously. And the Chiefs will miss him.

But they can adjust pretty quickly IMO. At #29 they can have their choice of the 3rd or 4th WR selected. There should be some talent there to select from.

A rookie is not going to “replace” Hill, but he sure can take the sting out of the move if they choose wisely. Still going to be 30 pts a game offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            I agree that Hill has a unique skillset and impacts the game tremendously. And the Chiefs will miss him.

But they can adjust pretty quickly IMO. At #29 they can have their choice of the 3rd or 4th WR selected. There should be some talent there to select from.

A rookie is not going to “replace” Hill, but he sure can take the sting out of the move if they choose wisely. Still going to be 30 pts a game offense.
            That’s if they choose to go WR that early. Juju and Hardman may fool them into thinking they can wait and address their defense first. But any WR they get in this draft won’t influence the game the way Hill did for them. Kelce becomes much easier to focus on now that Hill is out of the picture and until Hardman can prove that he can be consistent, I think their offense will likely look a lot like the Tony Gonzalez days minus the good to great running game.

Comment

• What a trade!!! Hill is a huge football asset. But those 1st, 2nd and 4ths this year along with 4th and 6th next year could actually benefit KC more....given Hill's contract. They can definitely find a talented WR or two, along with other picks, to balance this and even win. It frees up a lot of cash.

Miami will now have one of the best receiving corps in the league - Hill, Waddle, Gesicki, Cedrik Wilson, others. Plus they added Armstead, and Edmonds and Mostert to help their backfield. They might be another playoff surprise.
              Last edited by CanDB; 03-23-2022, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• This Offseason Has Just been Insane !!

Comment

• I forgot that Tyquan Thornton ran a stupid 40 time, hopefully someone takes a chance on him before he gets to the Chiefs because that’s definitely their pick.

Comment

• Chiefs are looking like a last place team in this division. You absolutely love to see it.
                    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Malcolm Butler has rejoined the Pats for $9M. I didn't think that would ever happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosk View Post
                        Chiefs are looking like a last place team in this division. You absolutely love to see it.
                        Maybe,but until someone knocks them off their hill they’re still king.

Comment

• No doubt Hill is a dynamic receiver, but, I think this was a great move by KC. Will they regress a bit this year on offense? Maybe. However, the fact that they got the haul that they did is impressive. And they have an opportunity to not only get a real good WR, but also have a shot to retool their roster.

I think this benefits the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers at the moment. But how it goes long term depends on how the Chiefs use those picks and if they pan out.

Comment

• I was scratching my head on the K'wan Williams signing but I just seen a stat on him. 11 forced fumbles, 7 sacks and a career 85.5 PFF grade. Apparently he is a great slot blitz guy

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Funny. I am thinking “ what is Hill doing”?

He just chose to leave a contender to catch passes from Tua and Bridgewater. Have fun with that!

Chiefs just dealing with the ramifications of the Mahomes mega contract. Now they add two more talented rookie contracts with #29 and 50 this year. Guessing one is a WR.
                              I think the Chiefs will regret this trade down the road it will come back to bite them. I strongly dislike Tyreek Hill but his talent and skill set is so rare and unique you don't find talents like him very often. I'm not there is more dymanic player in entire NFL on offense than Tyreek Hill defenses in the AFC west especially now are much less stressed for sure one less headache trying to come up with a game plan for Tyreek.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                                This Offseason Has Just been Insane !!
                                No doubt I can't remember a off season as crazy as this one for AFCW division.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X