No announcement yet.

Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And.....it's a done deal. I'm ok with it as long as Williams is the main option. No 50/50 split crap!! Should be more like 70/30

Comment

• Don't like Gordon coming back. He fumbles too much. I can only hope he's the 3rd string RB, but I doubt it.

The moment he fumbles and costs us a game, he's got to go. I'm sick of having to hope he hangs onto the ball every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Don't like Gordon coming back. He fumbles too much. I can only hope he's the 3rd string RB, but I doubt it.

The moment he fumbles and costs us a game, he's got to go. I'm sick of having to hope he hangs onto the ball every week.
        I feel your pain.

I was hoping he'd finally be out of a Broncos uniform.

Even though he ran well last season he just always seems to fumble at the worst possible times...and that's going back to when he was on the Chargers.

Hopefully he only comes in when Javonte needs a breather and never in crucial moments.
        Last edited by Mel B.; 04-27-2022, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• I was looking forward to a newly drafted RB too. Seemed to be some solid choices to develop over the next couple years instead of a one year deal. Apparently Paton and Hackett see it differently.

But I am fine with Gordon returning. Still a capable RB. Veteran leadership, experience and re-connecting with his old Wisconsin teammate. Those things can not be underrated.

Not arguing the fumbles are concerning. But overall I get it. It will be interesting to see the contract details and finding out what “ up to “ $5 m a year means. Post draft free agent signings for depth are still going to be needed.

Comment

• IMO we will have a RB drafted so high we will need to carry him on the roster. We will also have a solid guy we hope we can stash on the PS.

Hopefully we find a FB who can play RB and TE. Yes I am personally channelling for a 2022 Alstott here.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

• Nothing wrong with a two headed monster in the back field and strength at a key position should one back get injured. Hate to tell some of you but with Gordon's relationship with Rus he might be the starter at this point. Gordon is a great pass catching back and that trait will only be enhanced with Rus and their past relationship as an outlet option.

Comment

Don't like Gordon coming back. He fumbles too much. I can only hope he's the 3rd string RB, but I doubt it.

It's not the number of fumbles that are the problem...It's his timing of the fumbles that irks me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  IMO we will have a RB drafted so high we will need to carry him on the roster. We will also have a solid guy we hope we can stash on the PS.

Hopefully we find a FB who can play RB and TE. Yes I am personally channelling for a 2022 Alstott here.
                  Hackett recently said he will definitely use a Fullback and that Andrew Beck will be given the opportunity to fill that role in the new O. UDFA TE, Rodney Williams, will most likely be repped at FB/HB and may end up on the PS as FB depth if he does well in TC. He is explosive and fast and probably a good receiver as he played TE in college.

With Javonte Williams, Melvin Gordon and Mike Boone on the roster, don't see ball carrying opportunities for Fullback in Hackett's O. Today's NFL Fullbacks mostly block and, if they touch the ball, it will be as a receiver. Fullbacks are usually on STs on game day.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bryce Callahan reportedly signing with the Chargers on a one year deal.

Comment

Bryce Callahan reportedly signing with the Chargers on a one year deal.
                      The Chargers are building a hell of a roster on both sides of the ball. They are going to be a tough team to beat.
                      Last edited by FR Tim; 05-04-2022, 05:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

• The Paton work continues….

Being reported that TE Eric Saubert just re-signed.

Prefer seeing Johnson or Young added. Or a back up RB. But the puzzle pieces keep getting added. There is always tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          The Paton work continues….

Being reported that TE Eric Saubert just re-signed.

Prefer seeing Johnson or Young added. Or a back up RB. But the puzzle pieces keep getting added. There is always tomorrow.

Broncos Have Re-Signed Veteran Tight End (msn.com)

I personally think this is a solid signing. He passed my eye test last year and quite honestly, I think he was under used. Albert O. is not an every down player and rookie TE's do not offer a great deal. Again, I think this was a solid signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I personally think this is a solid signing. He passed my eye test last year and quite honestly, I think he was under used. Albert O. is not an every down player and rookie TE's do not offer a great deal. Again, I think this was a solid signing.

Could Not Agree With You Anymore. 💯 Spot On !!

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Sounds good; two blockers and two receivers.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I really like Saubert so I'm glad they brought him back. I like this year's TE room. I'll like it better if dulcich can pick things up quickly and Wilson uses them well.

Comment

Working...
                                X