No announcement yet.

Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where is Saubert?" I must have said that a hundred times last season. I am very happy to see him aboard.

Comment

• Phillip Lindsay joins The Colts for a year. All in all, I like their team this year.

Comment

• Eagles sign CB James Bradberry to a 1 year deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Phillip Lindsay joins The Colts for a year. All in all, I like their team this year.
          They always seem to be solid.

Lindsay is on his third team now since he left Denver and has averaged less than 3 yards per carry in that spell. He needs to show he has still play.

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
            "Where is Saubert?" I must have said that a hundred times last season. I am very happy to see him aboard.
            Agreed. As I said, I felt like this was a SOLID signing......looks like the new Head Coach agrees.....
            Nathaniel Hackett Singles Out Broncos TE Eric Saubert for Praise (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Agreed. As I said, I felt like this was a SOLID signing......looks like the new Head Coach agrees.....
              Nathaniel Hackett Singles Out Broncos TE Eric Saubert for Praise (msn.com)
              Right, a TE who can block and who is a reliable receiver. Many here are too young to remember Riley Odoms.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                "Where is Saubert?" I must have said that a hundred times last season. I am very happy to see him aboard.
                I like Saubert a lot. He moves really well and his hands are decent. Not a great blocker but he can do it. I was hoping to see him signed and I'm glad they did it
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Right, a TE who can block and who is a reliable receiver. Many here are too young to remember Riley Odoms.
                  Thank you. I was unaware of this fine player !!
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Odoms

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

They always seem to be solid.

Lindsay is on his third team now since he left Denver and has averaged less than 3 yards per carry in that spell. He needs to show he has still play.
                    I do not like the way he was treated at the end of his Denver time. Think he got a bad deal.

Now who ever convinced him to sign with Texas did more damage to his career than anything else that has happened. I do not know what his options were but when Denver allowed him to sign any where he should have taken whatever deal was needed to go to a team that would show case his talents. Texas should have been on the no way in hell list.

I do like the team and coaching in Indy. He still has Taylor and Hines ahead of him.
                    Last edited by Hadez; 06-04-2022, 07:23 AM.
                    Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                      Don't like Gordon coming back. He fumbles too much. I can only hope he's the 3rd string RB, but I doubt it.

The moment he fumbles and costs us a game, he's got to go. I'm sick of having to hope he hangs onto the ball every week.
                      I agree with other posts this should be a ~60-70% Williams team. The plan should be to keep Williams healthy for playoffs and at that point he becomes the work horse RB getting as many snaps as a long playoff run will allow.

This plan could allow for a strategy that minimizes the impact of any Gordon fumbles. To be fair to Gordon he has gotten better than his rookie year when he had 6. It is probably lost in his career 21 fumbles that in 2018 he fumbled once and it was recovered by his team.

His rookie year was his worst year in terms of fumbles per touches. He got better the next three years. His last 3 years have been his worst in terms of fumbles per touches besides his rookie year. It is not a good trend. It is why he was not signed as he is an overall good RB he just puts the ball on the ground too much.

I get we need a solid back up. The plan should be for Gordon to get most of his carries in the 1st half of the game imo.

The coaching should be breaking down his fumble issues. His agent should be breaking down his fumble issues. If he can have a good 2022 season and not put the ball on the ground he may have a better contract coming from some one in 2023.
                      Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I agree with other posts this should be a ~60-70% Williams team. The plan should be to keep Williams healthy for playoffs and at that point he becomes the work horse RB getting as many snaps as a long playoff run will allow.

This plan could allow for a strategy that minimizes the impact of any Gordon fumbles. To be fair to Gordon he has gotten better than his rookie year when he had 6. It is probably lost in his career 21 fumbles that in 2018 he fumbled once and it was recovered by his team.

His rookie year was his worst year in terms of fumbles per touches. He got better the next three years. His last 3 years have been his worst in terms of fumbles per touches besides his rookie year. It is not a good trend. It is why he was not signed as he is an overall good RB he just puts the ball on the ground too much.

I get we need a solid back up. The plan should be for Gordon to get most of his carries in the 1st half of the game imo.

The coaching should be breaking down his fumble issues. His agent should be breaking down his fumble issues. If he can have a good 2022 season and not put the ball on the ground he may have a better contract coming from some one in 2023.
                        The issue with Gordon is that the reason he fumbles is also the reason he’s a really solid RB. He’s not generally going to go down easy and with all the fighting for yards he gets the ball punched at a lot. How much production would you lose from him over the course of the season for not losing 3 or 4 fumbles? Are 0 fumbles worth getting 400 yards at 3.4 ypc? Or would you take 3-4 fumbles if it means 900 yards at 4.6 ypc? Some of its also just plain bad luck, I think he’s had 2 fumbles credited to him (since he’s been here) where he just never got a good clean handoff from the QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The issue with Gordon is that the reason he fumbles is also the reason he’s a really solid RB. He’s not generally going to go down easy and with all the fighting for yards he gets the ball punched at a lot. How much production would you lose from him over the course of the season for not losing 3 or 4 fumbles? Are 0 fumbles worth getting 400 yards at 3.4 ypc? Or would you take 3-4 fumbles if it means 900 yards at 4.6 ypc? Some of its also just plain bad luck, I think he’s had 2 fumbles credited to him (since he’s been here) where he just never got a good clean handoff from the QB.
                          An exchange where the ball hits the ground at or near the meshpoint always warrants closer examination.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Predominantly Orange: Denver Broncos could try to poach linebacker from the Rams.
                            https://predominantlyorange.com/2022...nebacker-rams/

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Predominantly Orange: Denver Broncos could try to poach linebacker from the Rams.
                              https://predominantlyorange.com/2022...nebacker-rams/
                              This seems like a good move and I would be surprised if this guy is not on Paton's radar.
                              Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

This seems like a good move and I would be surprised if this guy is not on Paton's radar.
                                I'd rather poach a Right Tackle from someone. Browning can always go back to ILB if Griffin does not pan out.

Comment

Working...
                                X