Draft Pick Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Saw this mock draft in an article using the Draft Network simulator.

I find it to have some unrealistic expectations of players remaining on the board longer then on other sites. But what do I know?

Kind of interesting selections that I may not agree with some picks but would be a hell of a draft if they live up to their prospect profiles. Don’t know much about several but the ones I do, I like a lot. (Walker, Beavers, Enagbare). Not a fan of a QB but Howell at 75 would be worth considering. For me the jewel would be if Walker were still on the board and drafted. Bold move! Thoughts?

64: Kenneth Walker RB
    75: Sam Howell. QB
    96: Cole Strange IOL
    115: Rasheed Walker. OT
    116: Darian Beavers. LB/STs standout
    145: Kingsley Enagbare Edge
    206: Derion Kendrick. CB
    232: Eric Johnson. DL
    I'd draft Walker at 64. I traded up to 60 for him in a mock. Lot of people seem to think they should wait for a RB, and give Williams more work. That's fine. I want to have two legitimate RB1s on the roster though, and I think Walker is worth it. If the running game is going to be a very important facet of your offense, you want to invest in a good second back.

Not a fan of the Sam Howell pick. Not because I hate Sam Howell though. I'm just not infatuated with him like the people who think he's QB1, so to me it's not like, "Oh my God, Sam Howell is still on the board!" I think he's among the top 4 quarterbacks, and I think there's a gap between him and the rest. It would be surprising to me if he was there, but I don't think I'd spend that pick on a backup quarterback. Howell could go in the 1st round at the end of the day though, because some people legit think he's the best QB prospect in the draft.

I don't have any problems with the rest of those picks. I don't think Enagbare will fall that far in the draft, but maybe with Malone and Robinson moving up, and maybe Tyreke Smith gets picked ahead of him, it'll push him way down. That's a pretty far fall from where he was a couple months ago though. I like Beavers, it's just I'm not high enough on him to draft him before the 4th at this point, so 116 is fine. I'd rather have Channing Tindall, and I'd be willing to draft him at 75.

Here's the deal with these linebackers, IMO. Now, a lot of people are going to flame the hell out of me for saying this, but I'm not seeing Andersen the same way everyone else seems to be. I love the athleticism and size. I think he's at least a 4th round pick on that alone. So, I get it from a developmental standpoint. In a year or two, he could be great. You watch him play though, and I'm really not crazy at all about drafting him at 64. I'm honestly not seeing the same guy everyone else appears to be in games. And, you know I'm not a scout, so maybe that's just me not getting it. Yeah, he looked good at the Senior Bowl. I get that, but I've watched a few of his games now, and I guess it's just the upside of speed, agility, and coverage that has people going crazy for him at 64. Me, I like McBride. I'm not against a tackle at 64, but I think McBride's a better player than the tackles who might be there are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I'd draft Walker at 64. I traded up to 60 for him in a mock. Lot of people seem to think they should wait for a RB, and give Williams more work. That's fine. I want to have two legitimate RB1s on the roster though, and I think Walker is worth it. If the running game is going to be a very important facet of your offense, you want to invest in a good second back.

Not a fan of the Sam Howell pick. Not because I hate Sam Howell though. I'm just not infatuated with him like the people who think he's QB1, so to me it's not like, "Oh my God, Sam Howell is still on the board!" I think he's among the top 4 quarterbacks, and I think there's a gap between him and the rest. It would be surprising to me if he was there, but I don't think I'd spend that pick on a backup quarterback. Howell could go in the 1st round at the end of the day though, because some people legit think he's the best QB prospect in the draft.

I don't have any problems with the rest of those picks. I don't think Enagbare will fall that far in the draft, but maybe with Malone and Robinson moving up, and maybe Tyreke Smith gets picked ahead of him, it'll push him way down. That's a pretty far fall from where he was a couple months ago though. I like Beavers, it's just I'm not high enough on him to draft him before the 4th at this point, so 116 is fine. I'd rather have Channing Tindall, and I'd be willing to draft him at 75.

Here's the deal with these linebackers, IMO. Now, a lot of people are going to flame the hell out of me for saying this, but I'm not seeing Andersen the same way everyone else seems to be. I love the athleticism and size. I think he's at least a 4th round pick on that alone. So, I get it from a developmental standpoint. In a year or two, he could be great. You watch him play though, and I'm really not crazy at all about drafting him at 64. I'm honestly not seeing the same guy everyone else appears to be in games. And, you know I'm not a scout, so maybe that's just me not getting it. Yeah, he looked good at the Senior Bowl. I get that, but I've watched a few of his games now, and I guess it's just the upside of speed, agility, and coverage that has people going crazy for him at 64. Me, I like McBride. I'm not against a tackle at 64, but I think McBride's a better player than the tackles who might be there are.
      If McBride is there at 64 I think that has to be the pick. I also like Muma at 64 but not above McBride. A CB like Gordon out of Washington would be OK too if McBride is gone... I do expect McBride to be gone by 64.
      What I don't like about Walker is that he doesn't seem to be a receiver and I think that is what the Broncos need to combine with Williams. James Cook is the guy I think they should target, not at 64 but in the top 100... probably.
      This isn't the year to take a QB at all. If Rasheed Walker is still there at 115/116 I think that is a good prospect and a RT is needed. Beavers at 115/116 is fine if one hasn't been picked up by then. I like Tindall too but not sure how long he will last. I don't think an IOL is needed, at least not in the first 5 rounds, maybe a late flyer?
      sigpic

Comment

Appreciate the opinions. As I mentioned, not in love with the mock draft but thought it interesting with RB, QB, IOL.

I find the different approaches and opinions of priorities kind of interesting.

I completely agree with the need for a quality RB. Not sure I would go 2nd round, but wouldn’t hate it. I see the sweet spot around the three picks near 100.

Not feeling the QB need this year, but I understand why some do. If someone plummeted it might be a great opportunity or a moment to ask , why? Same reasoning with an IOL pick. Why? They have great depth and versatility on decent contracts. Unless Paton is planning on moving a couple vets, it doesn’t make sense.

At the moment, I am thinking LB in the first couple picks. Muma, Anderson, Smith, Walker all standout to me. Would love to see one of them added.

One position I do not see mentioned much is returner. Would love to see Marcus Jones at pick 75. CB/ Returns/ playmaker.

So many possibilities, not enough high picks. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

If McBride is there at 64 I think that has to be the pick. I also like Muma at 64 but not above McBride. A CB like Gordon out of Washington would be OK too if McBride is gone... I do expect McBride to be gone by 64.
          What I don't like about Walker is that he doesn't seem to be a receiver and I think that is what the Broncos need to combine with Williams. James Cook is the guy I think they should target, not at 64 but in the top 100... probably.
          This isn't the year to take a QB at all. If Rasheed Walker is still there at 115/116 I think that is a good prospect and a RT is needed. Beavers at 115/116 is fine if one hasn't been picked up by then. I like Tindall too but not sure how long he will last. I don't think an IOL is needed, at least not in the first 5 rounds, maybe a late flyer?
          Yep, I should've mentioned that McBride is probably a trade up scenario where he falls into the mid to late 50's. Cook, IMO is easily the best receiving back in the draft. I get that aspect, and I'm high on Spiller and Ford as well. If they did wait, you've got Ty Chandler or Ronnie Rivers who are both good receivers and different style backs than Williams. I think they're both underrated. I'd be okay with Muma or Gordon as our first pick too, provided they fell. I don't think I'd trade up for either of them.

Comment

Seems TE McBride to the Broncos is a popular prediction.

Was just reading that Kiper is currently projecting the same. And Reuter from NFL.com has McBride and LB Anderson as the Broncos first two picks in the draft.

I would be thrilled if that played out. McBride falling to the Broncos would be pretty cool.

But then I’m easily thrilled in the draft. I would be just as excited with about a dozen other players with those picks.

Comment

TE is a position that usually slides on draft weekend. I think we will have a great shot at one we like within our first 3 picks. If not, Eric Ebron is still available and has lost his luster after losing his place to Pat Frieremuth. I believe he can still add a lot to a TE room. Attitude has been a concern as it was reported he was unhappy with playing time, but had Frieremuth not stepped in he would likely have had a pretty good season. I'm surprised he has not been signed and there may be reservations about how he accepted (or didn't) his role with the Steelers. That role wouldn't change a whole lot here, but a change of scenery could do wonders. He is still really talented and experienced.

I believe a second RB is a more pressing need, but overall I feel we need to make a move for one of these quality S.
              Cine, Brisker, Pitre, Joseph or Cook- all really good prospects and a few of these guys should be in our range.....we may be able to get one in the 3rd, but TE and RB should still be there as well.
              If it were me, I would go S, OT, and RB with our top 100 picks. Something like below
              Joseph S
              Walker OT
              Strong RB

Comment

Another PFN mock draft 4/14/22 …
                Made some trades to get two 3rds (Miami and Las Vegas) 2023 and also Detroit's 7th from LAR … first pick then wasn't until the 75th pick (3re round) I really didn’t like the prospects that much at 64 anyway.
                1. OT Ohio St., Nicholas Petit-Frere …. Good prospect I think at 75
                2. RB Georgia, James Cook … good receiving back especially at 104 good speed too (traded 102 for 104 to Rams and 2023 Det 7th round
                3. S Cincinnati, Bryan Cook … This should be a solid pick
                4. Edge Miami-Oh, Dominique Robinson … may be a player that needs a little time to develop? 6.30 combine rating
                5. CB Houston, Marcus Jones … (traded 64 and 232 to Miami for 102, 125 and 2023 3rd round) should be a + at slot corner and has kick return value
                6. LB Nebraska JoJo Domann, … he might be a "hybrid" LB/S? he should be able to contribute to pass coverage as a LB or S; He has middle-round value as a valuable backup with plus special teams talent and the ability to start if needed. 6' 1" 230lb; Can cover and bully tight ends underneath.
                7. CB Fayatteville State, Joshua Williams … (traded pick 96 to Las Vegas for 164 and LV's 2023 3rd round pick) This could be a great value at 164 at 6'3" could be a sleeper outside CB, has a year to develop.
                8. DT LSU, Nick Farrell … big guy that could be a good run stopper, decent value for a 7th rounder

added two 3rd round picks in 2023 + Detroit's 7th ... I think 2023 draft needs at least a couple more picks and still picked 8 in the 2022 draft.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Another PFN mock draft 4/14/22 …
                  Made some trades to get two 3rds (Miami and Las Vegas) 2023 and also Detroit's 7th from LAR … first pick then wasn't until the 75th pick (3re round) I really didn’t like the prospects that much at 64 anyway.
                  1. OT Ohio St., Nicholas Petit-Frere …. Good prospect I think at 75
                  2. RB Georgia, James Cook … good receiving back especially at 104 good speed too (traded 102 for 104 to Rams and 2023 Det 7th round
                  3. S Cincinnati, Bryan Cook … This should be a solid pick
                  4. Edge Miami-Oh, Dominique Robinson … may be a player that needs a little time to develop? 6.30 combine rating
                  5. CB Houston, Marcus Jones … (traded 64 and 232 to Miami for 102, 125 and 2023 3rd round) should be a + at slot corner and has kick return value
                  6. LB Nebraska JoJo Domann, … he might be a "hybrid" LB/S? he should be able to contribute to pass coverage as a LB or S; He has middle-round value as a valuable backup with plus special teams talent and the ability to start if needed. 6' 1" 230lb; Can cover and bully tight ends underneath.
                  7. CB Fayatteville State, Joshua Williams … (traded pick 96 to Las Vegas for 164 and LV's 2023 3rd round pick) This could be a great value at 164 at 6'3" could be a sleeper outside CB, has a year to develop.
                  8. DT LSU, Nick Farrell … big guy that could be a good run stopper, decent value for a 7th rounder

added two 3rd round picks in 2023 + Detroit's 7th ... I think 2023 draft needs at least a couple more picks and still picked 8 in the 2022 draft.
                  Looks really good- the first three selections are the positions I feel we need the most.

Comment

Working...
                  X