Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2022 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2022 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Ok gang. It's Draft Day (One)!! Lets have fun with this, through the weekend and beyond.

Looking forward to Paton's second draft here (given his excellent first draft), and how we maneuvers with all those picks, even if not any first rounders. In the back of my mind will be the fact that we landed Russ Wilson and have made some solid acquisitions since, to minimize any gaps we may have, prior to the draft. Therefore we have lots to look forward to in terms of further strengthening of our team, and with all those picks we can expect some very interesting strategy and actions.

Here's our list of picks:
    • Round 2, No, 64 overall
    • Round 3, No. 75 overall
    • Round 3, No. 96 overall
    • Round 4, No. 115 overall
    • Round 4, No. 116 overall
    • Round 5, No. 152 overall
    • Round 6, No. 206 overall
    • Round 7, No. 232 overall
    • Round 7, No. 234 overall
    Like a good member, for the sake of all others here, PLEASE do not post the selections prior to the Commissioner announcing them. In past folks have received info prior to the rest of us, which can be very annoying.

Thanks for listening!

GO BRONCOS!!!

If I were a betting man, I'm betting Paton does a lot of moving. I'm guessing there is a move up in the 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      If I were a betting man, I'm betting Paton does a lot of moving. I'm guessing there is a move up in the 2nd
      yup - I think he may also look to trade back and get picks for next year - we have, what - like 3 or so?

Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Because we have no current picks before 64, I hope we can find 2 starters in this draft, and of course, some depth. Normally I hope for 3 starters, but we normally have 2 selections before 64, including some pretty decent first round opportunities.

We will see tomorrow (cuz I doubt we will move up tonight) who Paton and company like and in what position. If we stay put at 64, I think we go with position of need with the least depth in this draft. Might be OT, might be LB. Or of course it may come down to BPA in position of need. UNLESS, Paton feels so comfortable that he just goes BPA period. Add value.

Then again, my gut tells me we won't be picking at 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post

yup - I think he may also look to trade back and get picks for next year - we have, what - like 3 or so?es,
          Yes, I think he will trade down at least 2 times for picks next year. Hard to say what picks but 64 I think will be in demand, maybe back to ~90 + a 2023 3rd depending on the team and what talent is still there at 64. May be able to trade back from 115/116 for a 2023 5th, maybe 4th.
          Still would have pick 75 and a pick ~90 with at least a couple of 2023 picks (3rd and 4th or 5th?) making next years draft better.

For fun I did a mock simulator with PFN and traded several times ... ended up with pick 85, 102, 115, 116, 130, 156 BUT got 2023 picks added ... Buf and Min 3rd rounds, NE 4th, MIA, LAC, MIN, NE's 5th rounds ... probably not very realistic but, I think interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

Is there going to be any point watching Day 1? Even taking Broncos fandom aside the draft is more deep than top heavy this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
              Is there going to be any point watching Day 1? Even taking Broncos fandom aside the draft is more deep than top heavy this year.
              Hey pal....I love the draft even if we are a little later in the process this year. I do like some other teams which may make me a little different than some, and I am interested in what multiple teams do. I also love trades in any sport, so that's always a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                To me, it's always worth watching, regardless where the Broncos pick. Not just because I love the draft, but I'm a die-hard football fan who follows what happens with other teams, even though my loyalty is to the Broncos only.

The Broncos have to compete against the other teams. And seeing what our division rivals do is also important.

As an Ohio State fan, I like to see where their players are drafted to.

Plus, it's always fun to see teams that make questionable picks that create hilarious reactions. Giants drafting Daniel Jones, Bears drafting Mitchell Trubisky, Raiders drafting Clelin Ferrell and Alex Leatherwood earlier than expected.....or fans who get upset when their team gets jumped and miss out on a player they want.

The draft is just great entertainment.
                Last edited by sra84; 04-28-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

So do any of you like Trey McBride with #64? Seems like a good fit for this organization.

Comment

Elvis Dumerville is going to announce one of Denvers 3rd round selections

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      So do any of you like Trey McBride with #64? Seems like a good fit for this organization.
                      I was actually thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to draft the best available QB in the 2nd. With so little draft picks next year that could be a draft and trade scenario to help recoup some picks....

But....

Yes I do like me some McBride!! He would be a good compliment to Albert

Comment

I am always curious of what other teams do. For example it would be nice if the Chargers didn't select Devin Lloyd because he seems to be a very good football player. It will be interesting to see what the Chiefs do with 2 first round picks, hopefully they don't get tons better. Now Tomorrow, that is when the real fun begins, speculation, hope, intrigue, some times a little initial frustration.

Comment

Thankfully we don’t have to stress about which QB prospect we eventually don’t pick, or which WR is the best, or if we should take the top DE or a generational OG.

It’ll be fun to see how this volatile 1st round unfolds. Lots of teams with multiple firsts. A bunch of freak athletes in this class too.

Just gotta hope LAC and KC fumble hard with their picks.

Comment

For me it comes down to Oline, ILB, Edge, CB and TE with our first 5 or so picks. After that, we're pretty solid!

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              Elvis Dumerville is going to announce one of Denvers 3rd round selections
                              be great to find another elvis in this draft we need one

Comment

Working...
                              X