Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2022 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Seems like Y guys who are good blockers and receivers are increasingly rare. Thought Albert O. had possibilities, but after seeing him screw up his block on that play against KC that caused Melvin to get hit right after the meshpoint forcing a fumble returned for a score, IDK. Fant was Y and Albert was Wing which should be a strong blocking formation. Why line a guy up tight, if he can't block?
    I still think he does, most of its technique for him. On that particular play I’m still not sure if that was his guy or not. It looks like inside zone, the majority of the oline takes a step right and Fant goes left. If Fant was to seal then he did good but I suspect that AOK was supposed to be the seal and then climb while Fant should’ve followed suit with the line and combo blocked with AOK.

Either way if Albert’s first step hadn’t have been backwards with his outside foot and instead he went up and in with his left foot he would’ve been in a position to at least knock him off course although that would’ve left Gordon in a 2 on 1 situation. It was doomed from the start though, Fant and AOK were always getting in each other’s way when blocking next to each other, probably the least cohesive pair I’ve ever seen. The first step backwards is a consistent thing with AOK though which is why I say it’s mainly technique for him and it’s something that needs to be addressed if he’s going to become a good blocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I still think he does, most of its technique for him. On that particular play I’m still not sure if that was his guy or not. It looks like inside zone, the majority of the oline takes a step right and Fant goes left. If Fant was to seal then he did good but I suspect that AOK was supposed to be the seal and then climb while Fant should’ve followed suit with the line and combo blocked with AOK.

Either way if Albert’s first step hadn’t have been backwards with his outside foot and instead he went up and in with his left foot he would’ve been in a position to at least knock him off course although that would’ve left Gordon in a 2 on 1 situation. It was doomed from the start though, Fant and AOK were always getting in each other’s way when blocking next to each other, probably the least cohesive pair I’ve ever seen. The first step backwards is a consistent thing with AOK though which is why I say it’s mainly technique for him and it’s something that needs to be addressed if he’s going to become a good blocker.
      Whether it's angle or zone, the first step is crucial in any line blocking. If high school kids can learn it, Albert can. It's very important for him to become a decent blocker.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
      X