Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foles to Denver?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Foles to Denver?

    Hearing a lot of noise surrounding that since his release.

    Wouldnt mind that at all from a backup stand point.

  • #2
    Josh Johnson looked decent enough last yeah. Don't see why we'd want or need Foles.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah - I’d ask if Foles would be worth the upgrade given we have other areas we still need to address: LB, OL
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by No_Fly_Zone50 View Post
        Hearing a lot of noise surrounding that since his release.

        Wouldnt mind that at all from a backup stand point.
        Nick Foles would be an upgrade over Josh Johnson as a backup QB. He would also probably be at least a couple of million $ more expensive. On the one hand, Russell Wilson has been durable during his career. On the other hand, if Russell had to miss some plays or even a game, Nick would probably be able to provide better depth than Josh and keep the playoff run alive. Those Austin, Texas high school QBs have a great track record, although this one might need to go on a diet if he was to play in Hackett's O.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #5
          Think he would be a good backup. My plan for Denver would be to have a backup who will play great when needed so we can then flip them for draft picks.
          Let's Ride!

          Comment


          • #6
            I would prefer Fitzpatrick. He wouldn't win much if called upon to play but it would be a lot of fun.

            Comment


            • #7
              For whatever reason, Foles has only had success in Philadelphia when he's started at QB.

              But, in regards to the Broncos, I'll pass.

              Kinda surprised we didn't bring in at least one UDFA QB.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                For whatever reason, Foles has only had success in Philadelphia when he's started at QB.

                But, in regards to the Broncos, I'll pass.

                Kinda surprised we didn't bring in at least one UDFA QB.
                I saw they were bringing in a QB for a workout. Eric Barriere , East Washington.

                Article stated some scouts compared him to Wilson style of play and leadership. Sounds like a solid practice squad player. Would be interesting if he passed Rypien for QB3.



                Last edited by FR Tim; 05-02-2022, 10:49 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                  I saw they were bringing in a QB for a workout. Eric Barriere , East Washington.

                  Article stated some scouts compared him to Wilson style of play and leadership. Sounds like a solid practice squad player. Would be interesting if he passed Rypien for QB3.


                  Just saw that this morning. Thanks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/23/co...tt-ryan-backup

                    Good move by Frank Reich and Co.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                      I agree.

                      It's not always about what you do, but who you do it with.

                      I have this feeling that Ryan will have a good year, and Indy will go far. They are very balanced and skilled. Taylor might just be the top back back in this league, and throughout the roster they have what a playoff team usually prospers with.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Colts are a legitimate contender for AFCS title and playoffs that go along with it. Colts in Mile High Thursday Night Week 5.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X