Post draft Early Depth chart prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post draft Early Depth chart prediction

I believe we will still add a vet or two if any cuts happen that Paton see as a fit, but here is how I see it shaking out with who we have and position grades.

Offense

QB Wilson, Jackson
    Grade A
    Notes: Do not see Rypien sticking, see us adding some other QB to PS

RB Williams, Gordon, Crockett
    Grade A
    Notes: Boone the add man out as Crockett's ST value lands hm third on DC (also saves 1.25M in cap). Montrell Washington could get some "Cordarrelle" usage in the run game too.

WR Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, Hamler, Washington, Cleveland
    Grade A
    Notes: Last WR spot is 100% wide open and will most likely go to best ST player.

TE: Okwuegbunam, Dulcich, Tomlison, Saubert
    Grade: C
    Notes: If a vet upgrade becomes available during camp, I would not be surprised to see us pull the trigger; however, this group is serviceable.

OL:
    LT Bolles
    LG Dalton
    OC Glasgow
    RG Meinerz
    RT Turner

Grade B
    Notes: Would not be surprised to see Turner go OG and Condon RT. Dalon, Cush, and Muti all see, like roster bubble guys to me.

Defense

DL
    LDE Williams, Uwazurike
    NT DJ Jones, Purcell
    RDE Jones,
    Henningsen
    Grade C+
    Notes: Group is more "potential" than "proven", but see some big upside here. WE keep Purcell to allow DJ to bounce inside and out.

OLB Chubb, Gregory, Bonitto, Cooper, C Allen
    Grade: B
    Notes: Do not see Reed sticking around with his cap number and Browning may be kept depending on how many ILB we roll with.

ILB Jewell, Griffith, Singleton
    Grade C
    Notes: I only expect us to carry 3 ILB with Strnad and Browning battling for a spot. If Cooper and Allen outplay Browning at OLB, then Strnad may get the nod.

CB
    LCB Darby, Mathis
    RCB Surtain, Ojemudia
    SCB
    Williams
    Grade: B

Notes: Not sure is we go 6 CB or 5 S, I'm betting on 5 safety spots as I see more talent there. Hicks vs Ojemudia is going to be an interesting camp battle. If there was one big move left to this offseason, it would be making a play for Bradberry if cut. Adding Bradberry would push CB grade to an A being a big upgrade to LCB spot. Draby could be traded to save 6M in cap space to help sign Bradberry.

S Simmons, Jackson, Sterns, Reed, Turner-Yell
    Grade: A
    Notes: I see Turner-Yell as a slot guy and could have listed him on the CB side. Jamar Johnson does not survive final cuts.

Final thoughts: I think ILB Griffith ends up being a camp start and gives us that 2nd ILB we are all looking for. Expecting Paton to continue to wheel and deal for draft capital next year with Dalton, Cush, Browning, and Muti being possible trade chips for picks.

Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Denver needs good K/P returners. During TC/preseason keep an eye on Montrell Washington as a Punt Returner and Jalen Virgil as a Kick Returner.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We have very different opinions and projections for Browning.

If he doesn’t become a rotational EDGE, I fully expect him to be the other starting LB next to Jewell. He played quite well last year when he started and was arguably the best MLB in the AFC West, no way is he on the roster bubble or trade bait. Re-watch the CLE game where a third-string RB gashed our defense, there is no way Strnad is remotely competitive or threatening to Browning’s roster spot.

I actually really like our DL. I am thrilled with DJ Jones (NT/1T), Dre’Mont Jones (3T), and Eyioma Uwazurike (5T). Both Joneses are proven talents. Uwazurike comes in fairly pro-ready with a massive frame and will be a two-gapping machine.

Otherwise, I think you are pretty spot-on with everything else.

Comment

I'm not so much down on Browning as I may be higher on Jonas than most. Griffith just looked more natural to me at ILB and is also a very good athlete for the position. Browning being taken off STs last year and now "moving positions" has me thinking he could be on a bubble. As far as ILBs go Singleton and Strnad both are core ST guys, what you need if your not starting. We will see, think it should be good competition for those final LB spots.

Bradberry is no cut, so really would like to see us pursue him. Looking at Gregory's contract, it is feasible to fit him on the team for a cap number of 5-6MM. That may spell the end for Ojemudia. Agim, Ojemudia, and if Browning does become the odd man out, that is a lot of 3rd round draft capital down the drain.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Hackett has said he will carry a Fullback on the roster and that Andrew Beck will be given the opportunity to win the job. No Fullbacks were drafted or signed, but UDFA Rodney Williams will probably rep at that spot and may make it to the PS in order to provide depth at that position.

Denver has nine O-Linemen who have NFL starts: Glasgow (78); Bolles (77); Turner (68); Risner (47); Compton (44); Cushenberry (32); Meinerz (9); Anderson (5); and, Muti (4) We'll see how Luke Wattenberg does in TC/preseason. Denver will carry at least eight O-Linemen and maybe nine. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'd venture to guess Denver's Roster O-Line is in the above list. I'll be surprised if Billy Turner isn't the starting RT for the season opener.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Hackett has said he will carry a Fullback on the roster and that Andrew Beck will be given the opportunity to win the job. No Fullbacks were drafted or signed, but UDFA Rodney Williams will probably rep at that spot and may make it to the PS in order to provide depth at that position.

Denver has nine O-Linemen who have NFL starts: Glasgow (78); Bolles (77); Turner (68); Risner (47); Compton (44); Cushenberry (32); Meinerz (9); Anderson (5); and, Muti (4) We'll see how Luke Wattenberg does in TC/preseason. Denver will carry at least eight O-Linemen and maybe nine. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'd venture to guess Denver's Roster O-Line is in the above list. I'll be surprised if Billy Turner isn't the starting RT for the season opener.
            Thanks, I did not know that.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
            X