Planning on coming to Denver...need some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning on coming to Denver...need some ideas

Hey guys! Im coming to Denver on Sept. 7-10 to see my first Denver home game. Im from Mississippi and me and my girlfriend are coming to watch the opening game. I really have no idea what do to or where to eat so any help would be much appreciated! Is there any time when you can meet the players or something else to do with the team besides the game? What good historic places are in Denver? Any help would be awesome! Also what good places are there to eat? Im going to the game the following week in Atlanta and I am so pumped about both games. Thank you all very much! Go broncos!

36 views, no replies. Kinda sad.

As for the players, I do not know, I do not think so though. Depends on where you are and how long you will be in town. If its just game and whatnot, check out 16th st mall....lots of good places to eat there, its fun, lots of people. Would need a bit more info to tell you exactly about the rest.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I know after the games you always have a great chance to meet all the players. As a lot of them come out and sign and will take pictures and what not. Sometimes you can even get players before games every once in a while. And they all stay at a hotel as well the night before the games, although you cant get pics or autographs there. Usually I go there just to hang out and tell them good luck or what not.

But have fun at the game. It will be an awesome one. You're gonna have a great 1st few weeks at both games.
      :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Where are you staying? What kind of things are you into? Traveling on a budget?

I work at a hotel and have lived in CO my whole life. If you can get us some more info, Im sure we can try to help you out a little better.
        sigpic

Comment

If you get a chance take a day and head up to the mountains. Idaho Springs, Georgetown, Silverthorne, are all up I-70 and are easily accessable.

If you are staying downtown, there are a ton of places to eat. No worries there. Denver is known as one of the top Beer towns in the world, tons of great local micro brews, so if that's your thing you'll find plenty to keep you happy.

You'll have a blast, and

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Can I get some help also. My wife and I are flying to Denver from Canada to go to the Texan game Sept 23. We are staying at Hyatt Place Aurora. Wondering about getting to the game from there and also wife wants to go to the Denver Zoo. This is my second time in Denver, Although first was only at airport. Go Broncos

Comment

me and the wifey also making the trip for opening night...section 118... Cost me an arm..lol.. It's her first time their so any suggestions will also be appreciated,..looking in staying in downtown....

Comment

anyone out there that can help me plan on how to get from hotel in Aurora Hyatt Place to Bronco game? Looking at renting car to go to zoo on the saturday.

Comment

Have fun. I cannot wait until I get the chance to make it out to Denver for a game. It's an experience I must have. Wish I could give you advice and whatnot but I'm sure you'll be helped out by the locals. Enjoy the game, September 9th cannot come soon enough.

Comment

Planning on coming to Denver...need some ideas

Planning on coming to the Chiefs game with a buddy on Dec. 30 and just want to see what places I shoud check out...also, where I could stay that is fairly priced? (I would prefer to stay downtown, but I understand I might have to pony up some money for that). Also, what about tailgating and all that stuff at Mile High? Just need some ideas to help me out.

Comment

id check out some things a bit away from denver, when i went to TC for a week we went to red rocks, garden of the gods, and pikes peak.

all were incredibly awesome if youre into the outdoors stuff and have a free day.
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

Originally posted by oklahomachief View Post
                        Planning on coming to the Chiefs game with a buddy on Dec. 30 and just want to see what places I shoud check out...also, where I could stay that is fairly priced? (I would prefer to stay downtown, but I understand I might have to pony up some money for that). Also, what about tailgating and all that stuff at Mile High? Just need some ideas to help me out.

I always tell people to find a nice hotel in Denver Tech Center to stay at. You can rent a car, or take taxis. Take the light rail downtown and avoid traffic all together. There are some awesome restaurants and premium close by shopping south on I-25.

You'll save a ton of money and have just as good, if not better, experience.

Make reservations to Del Frisco's or Shanahan's. Wear a tie though.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I'm coming to Denver as well for the opening game vs Pittsburgh with 3 buds from Montreal. Obviously we can't bring our tailgate stuff with us. Is there a place around the stadium where we can find a pre organized tailgate ?
                          Thanks guys. Pierre

Comment

Does the lightrail go all the way to the airport ? Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                              Does the lightrail go all the way to the airport ? Pierre
                              Not for another couple years unfortunately. That's one bad thing about Denver, the airport is not centrally located. About a 25-30 minute drive from the airport.

Comment

Working...
                              X