Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember Scribbles?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody remember Scribbles?

    Hi all. Long time lurker. Life long Broncos fan here. I took the wife to The Melting Pot last night for our anniversary and was telling her about how it used to be Scribbles. Does anybody remember which Broncos players owned Scribbles? I've been trying to figure this out since last night. A Google search doesn't pull up anything because it was long before everything was on the Internet.

  • #2
    Never knew this, I know that Simon Fletcher used to own a hot dog place by my house, and everyone knows of Elway's spots, but was never aware of any other past/present spots owned by Broncos players.

    Comment


    • #3
      I remember Scribbles Cafe but I'll be darned if I can remember the Broncos who owned it. This is going to drive me crazy until we find out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fairweatherh8r View Post
        Never knew this, I know that Simon Fletcher used to own a hot dog place by my house, and everyone knows of Elway's spots, but was never aware of any other past/present spots owned by Broncos players.
        In the 1970s there was a place in Cherry Creek called Alzado's, owned by guess who?

        Comment


        • #5
          Ken Bell and Mark Jackson owned Scribbles.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
            Ken Bell and Mark Jackson owned Scribbles.
            Awesome! Thank you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
              Ken Bell and Mark Jackson owned Scribbles.
              I never knew that.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                You're welcome. Had to dig around Arap County records, but I found it. Looks like there was also a third partner but he wasn't a Bronco.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                  You're welcome. Had to dig around Arap County records, but I found it. Looks like there was also a third partner but he wasn't a Bronco.
                  Lol. Well thank you for your hard work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fairweatherh8r View Post
                    Never knew this, I know that Simon Fletcher used to own a hot dog place by my house, and everyone knows of Elway's spots, but was never aware of any other past/present spots owned by Broncos players.
                    Craig Morton used to own a steak house restaurant somewhere in or around Denver.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      In the 1970s there was a place in Cherry Creek called Alzado's, owned by guess who?
                      Craig Morton?
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        Craig Morton?
                        It should have been called "Ali's", because Mohammad Ali owned Alzado in their boxing match.
                        Last edited by lvbronx; 10-20-2012, 07:35 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This thread makes me hungry.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            While searching for information on Scribbles, I read that The Melting Pot is supposed to be haunted. They had a paranormal group do some investigating there. One woman said she felt something grab her ankle in the restroom but there was nobody there. Don't know that I believe any of it but it's a fun bit of trivia.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X