• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charlesk
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2013

Visiting for the game help locals!

Hey guys I am in Casper Wy right now and thinking of coming down for the game. I am a Ravens fan but I have to bring my pitbull mix with me. If I am walking her in Denver (I have vet papers that say she is a boxer mix) will I get arrested or will she get thrown in the doggy hoosegow? I know Denver doesn't play around in dealing with dogs. Thanks in advance. Moderators couldn't find a better place to post this. Sorry if being a jerk.
  • VenomousDB
    All-Pro
    • Apr 2008

Ummmmm question..where the heck would you walk around with a pitbull? Its not like you can go into any bars with a dog and especially not the stadium
    sigpic

Comment

• JWinn
      Go Broncos!
      • Aug 2004

You intend to what?

Wander around the outside of the stadium wearing a Ravens jersey walking a Pit?

Sounds like an interesting story in Sunday's paper in the making.

Kinda feel sorry for the dog. You do know it's supposed to be like 18 degrees, right?

Comment

• VenomousDB
        All-Pro
        • Apr 2008

Yeah I really dont know what the OP has planned....
        Kinda weird.
        sigpic

Comment

• charlesk
          Practice Squad
          • Jan 2013

Dog has anxiety issues when not near me for any extended period of time. One time she went into shock and I had to get her to the vet. I even have to bring her with me to work every day (satellite installer). When I fly somewhere she has to come with. Not trying to be combative or rude or fight with anyone or talk bad on Denver or the people that live there. Just if I can't bring her with it might not be good for me to come. Figured I have her with while tailgating and then dump her in the hotel for three or four hours. Thanks again for anyone with any knowledge on the laws in Denver and how they are enforced. Still hope the Ravens win though. Football is just a game but it is a bit more fun when your team wins. Should be fun for everyone though.

Comment

• VenomousDB
            All-Pro
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by charlesk View Post
            Dog has anxiety issues when not near me for any extended period of time. One time she went into shock and I had to get her to the vet. I even have to bring her with me to work every day (satellite installer). When I fly somewhere she has to come with. Not trying to be combative or rude or fight with anyone or talk bad on Denver or the people that live there. Just if I can't bring her with it might not be good for me to come. Figured I have her with while tailgating and then dump her in the hotel for three or four hours. Thanks again for anyone with any knowledge on the laws in Denver and how they are enforced. Still hope the Ravens win though. Football is just a game but it is a bit more fun when your team wins. Should be fun for everyone though.
            Why dont you just look up the law on google? Im sure "pitbull mix laws in Denver" would work.
            I dont know any hotel downtown would even allow a dog in there

Edit: you dont sound rude at all haha.
            just check it out on google real quick
            Last edited by VenomousDB; 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• JWinn
              Go Broncos!
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by charlesk View Post
              Ahh, I understand.

I'd just call the DPD and ask them directly. Sorry, I don't have a phone number for you.

Good luck!

Comment

• VenomousDB
                All-Pro
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                Ahh, I understand.

I'd just call the DPD and ask them directly. Sorry, I don't have a phone number for you.

Good luck!

That would work too.
                sigpic

Comment

• ModernIrishman
                  • Sep 2010

The law is that if the dog has over 50% pit bull traits it is illegal in Denver, this would be based on the discretion of the animal control officer or if it happened to get lost and impounded the employees at the local shelter. Really the most logical solution would be to stay in a suburb without that law such as Arvada/Thorton/Westminster/Brighton/Englewood/Lakewood/etc. All of these are within 30 miles of the stadium. Would not advise Aurora as they are very strict about pit bulls as well.

Comment

• charlesk
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jan 2013

Hey thank you to all the people of Denver who were kind enough to help me out. Appreciate it. When people saw me looking at papers in my vehicle they pulled over to see if I was lost! People invited us Ravens fans for tailgate sharing and stuff like like. It was awesome. You guys are great hosts. To the four jerks in my section (the girl with the Sewer Mouth that I never even spoke to, the prick that kept banging on my head when the Broncos scored, and the two older guys who thought I should get the hell out because it was their stadium and I had no right to be there) nuts to you. All the other Broncos fans around you backed me up and stood up for me and we had fun watching the game together. Just like that in any stadium I guess though.
                    Last edited by Fargo; 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X