Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the Patriots game?

Hey guys,

I am from Australia and am planning to come over for the Chiefs game in Denver and also go to the Patriots game at Foxboro. I am not new to NFL games and have been verbally abused in Cleveland previously but just wanted some advice on how one should behave in Foxboro as I have not spent much time in the northeast. I am generally a pretty quiet guy so I would not stir up any trouble myself. Was also thinking of not wearing Broncos gear - is that wise? Maybe a hat? I will be going on my own as my girlfriend would prefer to spend money at a mall than $200 for a ticket in the nosebleeds.

Anyone else going to be attending the game?

I have not decided if I can sqeeze it into the schedule yet, but it is on my radar screen . I have attended the past two Broncos games in Foxboro the past two years. In both cases I was totally decked out in gear and for the most part everyone was pretty good. I tailgated with some folks in one case who were Pat season ticket holders and as I said for the most part people were pretty cordial and friendly. Certainly there is some level of hazing, but nothing close to dangerous. Of course given we lost both games I had some drunks get obnoxious toward the end of games, but nothing transpired
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

Appreciate the response thanks. On the map, the stadium appears to be in the middle of no where!

Comment

I am attending this game with a close friend. We are making the trek from Canada down.

Comment

Where in Canada are you from? I'd enjoy meeting you and your friend before the game if you are interested.

Comment

I will be there!! I'm flying up from Florida with a friend .. who is a Patsie fan unfortunately ... but I would definitely like to meet up with some other Bronco fans if possible.

At this point I don't know exactly what time we will be getting to the stadium, or where we will be parking etc. but let's keep this thread active and as the day get's closer we can figure something out ... maybe we can all meet inside the stadium and have a few beers!! :thumb:

The one thing I do know is I will be sitting on the visitors side of the stadium, WAAAAAAAAY up in Section 331 or something near the very top of the stadium .... my ticket was free so I cannot complain!!
            sigpic

Comment

I am in 329 so close by!

Comment

Originally posted by 18to88 View Post
                I am in 329 so close by!
                Awesome!!! Our seats are waaaaaaay up in the clouds but none the less it will be a great time!!

One thing I want to try and find out - hopefully from someone who has done this before is ....

I would like to find out when the team will arrive on Sunday (it's a night game) and where they will enter the stadium, I would love to get some pics and possibly some autographs!!

Hopefully someone will step in and answer!
                sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, just booked my plane ride and bought my game tix. See you guys down there. Ill be decked out in the brightest orange snow jacket i can find in section 226. Gonna be cold boys! Im from Los Angeles, going up with a big group of 16 friends/family. Only me and my girlfriend are Bronco fans but we make it a yearly trip to go to a new NFL city every year and check out the stadiums. I rented a van already so im gonna try and set some kind of tailgate up. If i can get a parking pass in advance ill post the lot number up here so you guys can come on by. Cant wait!

Comment

Hey guys,

I am from Australia and am planning to come over for the Chiefs game in Denver and also go to the Patriots game at Foxboro. I am not new to NFL games and have been verbally abused in Cleveland previously but just wanted some advice on how one should behave in Foxboro as I have not spent much time in the northeast. I am generally a pretty quiet guy so I would not stir up any trouble myself. Was also thinking of not wearing Broncos gear - is that wise? Maybe a hat? I will be going on my own as my girlfriend would prefer to spend money at a mall than $200 for a ticket in the nosebleeds.

Anyone else going to be attending the game?
                    I'm still trying to find cheaper tickets than what's available, but I'll most likely be there. Patriots fans are VERY loyal to their team, but for the most part they aren't looking to start fights with opposing fans. The Broncos rivalry has picked up with Peyton, so it could be a somewhat intense atmosphere, especially with us entering as the favorite for the first time in a while. As long as you're not talking trash or dealing with the drunks though you'll be fine, it's pretty friendly there.

Appreciate the response thanks. On the map, the stadium appears to be in the middle of no where!
                    It is somewhat in the middle of no where, at least in the sense that it's not right next to Boston, but the surrounding towns to Foxboro are good ones, and Patriots Place is really, really cool. The stadium is inside of a mega outdoor shopping mall with movie theaters, bars, stores and restaurants. Patriots Place is practically it's own city
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                      It is somewhat in the middle of no where, at least in the sense that it's not right next to Boston, but the surrounding towns to Foxboro are good ones, and Patriots Place is really, really cool. The stadium is inside of a mega outdoor shopping mall with movie theaters, bars, stores and restaurants. Patriots Place is practically it's own city
                      I was up in Boston/Foxboro area for work during the offseason, and have to agree with this. I made it a point to drive by the stadium (and think evil voodoo bad mojo thoughts) and was impressed with what a fun place Patriots Place must be on a game day. It is essentially an outdoor mall, and regardless of team, should be an awesome place to experience a football game.

Also walked a lap around Fenway Park, and shopped in the gift shop of TD Garden (I'm a huge Celtics Fan) Boston is one awesome sports town. Think about all the titles that city has won in the last ten years among their 4 pro teams. .....with that said...... I hate two out of the four, and don't care much for baseball.....
                      Last edited by SixStringMadnes; 10-31-2013, 08:33 AM.
                      Big Orange Nation, college home of PFM :thumb: and other notable current and former Broncos

Comment

After this bye week ... only 3 more weeks!!!

I can't wait!!! Looking at the extended forcast for the area it looks like we could be seeing some colllllllld temps, they are showing high 20's/low 30's for that weekend .... of course being 3 weeks out anything could change but dang ... I am going to freeze!! I've been living in Florida for 18 years and don't even own anything that resembles a jaket!

I better start shopping!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Allright ... shopping adventure complete!!! I'm ready for the cold weather ..

Broncos Beanie
                          Broncos Gloves
                          Broncos Hoodie
                          Dark Blue long sleeve Thermal
                          Wool Hunting socks - if your feet get cold that's the worst!!
                          Pair of Hi-Tec insulated waterproof boots
                          I already have a Broncos "jacket" ... not heavy, but not light.

11 more days until I fly out to Boston and 13 more until game time!!! Once I get to Boston and speak with the group I'm going with I will post all my details here so that maybe a few of us Bronco fans can meet up pre-game!
                          sigpic

Comment

My wife and I will be at the game. We come in from Maine. I am a Patriots Season Ticket Holder, just so when the Broncos come to town. The rest are sold to friends (All Pats Fans). Cant wait for this game, the last couple have been tough.
                            The crowd is generally good. I wear a jersey and my foam horses head, most respect the fact I dare to do that at an away game. As always you will run across a few drunks, but the Pats have done a great job cleaning-up those fools.

We are in Section 301, we will be tailgating and would like to meet up with other Bronco Fans

Comment

The extended forcast is still calling for low temps around 30* .... I hope everyone coming in has prepared for those temps! I know being from Florida myself it's going to be nasty cold sitting out there but I'm game!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X