Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Chicago for the game in November...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Going to Chicago for the game in November...

    Yeah, I know, this forum is usually for those coming into Denver for a game... However, I'm sure there are a couple of you who have been to a game at Soldier Field, or spent time in the area...

    As of now, I have a hotel booked for the weekend just down the block from Willis (Sears) Tower, and a fifteen minute walk from Millennium Park... Those are my two instant must see places in the area, aside from Soldier Field of course...
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  • #2
    I hate you Frenchy, with the fire of a thousand suns !



    I wanna go to a game again
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I hate you Frenchy, with the fire of a thousand suns !



      I wanna go to a game again
      Come out for the November 1st game... I have every intention of being there for that one as well.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

      Comment


      • #4
        There are tons of things to do in Chicago...
        from food to entertainment.

        Before I offer some advice, what are you into?
        Duration of stay? Budget?

        Depending on your answer (specifically) budget
        then I'll be able to give you a better response.

        Comment


        • #5
          Honestly, I'm looking to experience the food in Chicago... I've got 6 months to save up for the trip so my budget should hopefully be pretty good sized... I'll be there Saturday all day, Sunday, and most of Monday, if everything goes according to plan...

          I'll probably want to go to a museum or aquarium, sports bars... Really, I just want to experience what Chicago has to offer in the middle of November
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

          Comment


          • #6
            Since I live near CHI, please come visit me. I'm less than an hour away. Just please call first
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

            Comment


            • #7
              Things to do in Chicago on top of your plans.

              SAT dinner: Benny’s Chop House (best steaks in Chicago, $$$$)
              http://www.bennyschophouse.com/#about

              SAT, 930pm: Drinks at Terrance in the Triumph Tower
              Venue offers amazing views of Chicago’s lakefront and Navy Pier.
              Fireworks start a little after 10pm.
              This will make you want to move to Chicago!
              http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/...ts-chicago.php

              You can have dinner at Benny’s then walk (30 sec) to Triumph Tower.

              SUN Lunch (pre-game): Chicago Hotdog at Allium (Four Seasons)
              The hotdog is made in house and quite possible the best Chicago has to offer.
              http://www.alliumchicago.com/menus/lunch/

              Museum:
              Art Institute of Chicago
              One of the best art museums in the world.
              Open daily 10:30–5:00
              http://www.artic.edu

              The subway system or “EL” is super convenient but since you’re staying downtown I would taxi it.
              Chicago can be kind of sketchy depending on the time of day.

              This is definitely doable during your visit. When my family comes over this is what we do and they
              end up loving every second of it.

              Hope this helps! Enjoy your visit in Chicago.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                Things to do in Chicago on top of your plans.

                SAT dinner: Benny’s Chop House (best steaks in Chicago, $$$$)
                http://www.bennyschophouse.com/#about

                SAT, 930pm: Drinks at Terrance in the Triumph Tower
                Venue offers amazing views of Chicago’s lakefront and Navy Pier.
                Fireworks start a little after 10pm.
                This will make you want to move to Chicago!
                http://www.trumphotelcollection.com/...ts-chicago.php

                You can have dinner at Benny’s then walk (30 sec) to Triumph Tower.

                SUN Lunch (pre-game): Chicago Hotdog at Allium (Four Seasons)
                The hotdog is made in house and quite possible the best Chicago has to offer.
                http://www.alliumchicago.com/menus/lunch/

                Museum:
                Art Institute of Chicago
                One of the best art museums in the world.
                Open daily 10:30–5:00
                http://www.artic.edu

                The subway system or “EL” is super convenient but since you’re staying downtown I would taxi it.
                Chicago can be kind of sketchy depending on the time of day.

                This is definitely doable during your visit. When my family comes over this is what we do and they
                end up loving every second of it.

                Hope this helps! Enjoy your visit in Chicago.
                You forgot visit HUMCALC's house
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  You forgot visit HUMCALC's house
                  LOL...sorry, I was typing and copying/pasting during work.
                  Please excuse my oversight and typos.




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                    Yeah, I know, this forum is usually for those coming into Denver for a game... However, I'm sure there are a couple of you who have been to a game at Soldier Field, or spent time in the area...

                    As of now, I have a hotel booked for the weekend just down the block from Willis (Sears) Tower, and a fifteen minute walk from Millennium Park... Those are my two instant must see places in the area, aside from Soldier Field of course...
                    I lived there 15-years. I will tell you anything you want to know. Soldier Field kind of sucks. It was built back in the 20's. The Bears played out of Wrigley up until the early 70's I think. It was downsized for football and the remnants of the old part were still there when I left 15 years ago. It has been upgraded and I have not been there since it has.

                    Through an influential family connection to sports I got to sit in a private suite and watch the Bears play the Packers with Dick Butkus. All I could think about was not spilling my beer on him or he would beat me.

                    Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum are next to Soldier Field and are awesome. There are millions of small restaurants on the outskirts of the Loop. Greek Town has some really great places. I also went to college there and you can find anything you want to do in a close proximity.
                    Last edited by Rancid; 05-20-2015, 06:47 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Going this weekend as well with many of the listed things on the bucket list. Only coming in early Saturday (from Dallas) and meeting family from Denver. Early - as in 0900. Will be getting over to the area. My question - specifically - tailgating down there.... bring scene? safe scene? Been to many different stadiums, while I know this one is old and crappy, how is the game day scene?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X