My Expierience In Oakland 10/11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Expierience In Oakland 10/11/15

Went to the Raider game earlier this year in Oakland. Wore my orange Von Miller jersey and rolled with 12 Raider fans from Sacramento (guys in my fantasy league. We left Sac at 6 am. and made the hour and 45 minute drive west into Oakland. As we drove many raider fans were seen heading to the game early as well. Beeping and waving out the windows.
    Once we got to the game, we came to a slow roll due to traffic, as we pulled into the stadium parking lot. The Raider fans in surrounding cars began yelling to my group, who brought him!
    The cry of Raaaaaiiiiiidddddeeeeersssss! echoed!
    Then we stopped and began to unload, and set up our tailgate. Day went pretty good in the am, a group next to us had the early game on a big screen and we began drinking, watching the game and looking at our phones for updates on our fantasy teams.
    Then around 10:30 we started throwing the ball around, running routes and realizing not a good idea after bloody marys and beers. As we played catch I heard some words yelled my way but just ignored them. Then around noon I got in line for the bathroom, Raider fan came up giving me the high five sign, then pulled it away and yelled Raiders in my face. I laughed, but then he just stayed there yelling. I noticed he had a Sio Moore jersey and I told him, I appreciate your dedication to your team but you should maybe wear an updated current players jersey or maybe a throw back player who actually contributed, he replied with a mumble, and I realized the guy was just heckling. Well my friends saw from a far and came running over. I never felt threatened at all by the guy he seemed harmless and really over intoxicated, but they jumped in between us and told the guy I was their boy and he needed to take it somewhere else. I went into the porta potty and heard someone yelling hes done! When I came out I see the the guy minus his hat and glasses and blood coming from his nose. I don't know the details but later was told the guy heckling me didn't want to drop it took a swing at a Raider fan asking him to go back to his group and he got dropped. He also ended up getting arrested, and I got to say I felt bad for him, He missed the game over drinking to much and making a dumb decision. I was amazed that Raider fans even though they were my friends, tried to stop a fight from happening.
    After that whole incident we packed up and headed into the stadium, we were in the club level which at the Coliseum is the nicest area. A lot of Bronco fans and overall pretty good Raider fans who gave some verbal jabs but most of them good hearted. During the game, I was on the edge of my seat watching a close defensive battle. Then the Blue Angels flew over and when I looked down I was happy to see Chris Harris flying down the sideline into the endzone.
    After the game I took the long way around to back of the stadium to my car high fiving every Bronco fan I saw.
    Turned out to be a great day, this is my third Denver at Raider game in the last 4 years and it will be the last time I tailgate in Oakland, to many people there that don't care about the game.
    [IMG]C:\Users\jculbreth\Pictures\2015-10-15 2015_October 15th"[/IMG]
    sigpic

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Went to the Raider game earlier this year in Oakland. Wore my orange Von Miller jersey and rolled with 12 Raider fans from Sacramento (guys in my fantasy league. We left Sac at 6 am. and made the hour and 45 minute drive west into Oakland. As we drove many raider fans were seen heading to the game early as well. Beeping and waving out the windows.
    Once we got to the game, we came to a slow roll due to traffic, as we pulled into the stadium parking lot. The Raider fans in surrounding cars began yelling to my group, who brought him!
    The cry of Raaaaaiiiiiidddddeeeeersssss! echoed!
    Then we stopped and began to unload, and set up our tailgate. Day went pretty good in the am, a group next to us had the early game on a big screen and we began drinking, watching the game and looking at our phones for updates on our fantasy teams.
    Then around 10:30 we started throwing the ball around, running routes and realizing not a good idea after bloody marys and beers. As we played catch I heard some words yelled my way but just ignored them. Then around noon I got in line for the bathroom, Raider fan came up giving me the high five sign, then pulled it away and yelled Raiders in my face. I laughed, but then he just stayed there yelling. I noticed he had a Sio Moore jersey and I told him, I appreciate your dedication to your team but you should maybe wear an updated current players jersey or maybe a throw back player who actually contributed, he replied with a mumble, and I realized the guy was just heckling. Well my friends saw from a far and came running over. I never felt threatened at all by the guy he seemed harmless and really over intoxicated, but they jumped in between us and told the guy I was their boy and he needed to take it somewhere else. I went into the porta potty and heard someone yelling hes done! When I came out I see the the guy minus his hat and glasses and blood coming from his nose. I don't know the details but later was told the guy heckling me didn't want to drop it took a swing at a Raider fan asking him to go back to his group and he got dropped. He also ended up getting arrested, and I got to say I felt bad for him, He missed the game over drinking to much and making a dumb decision. I was amazed that Raider fans even though they were my friends, tried to stop a fight from happening.
    After that whole incident we packed up and headed into the stadium, we were in the club level which at the Coliseum is the nicest area. A lot of Bronco fans and overall pretty good Raider fans who gave some verbal jabs but most of them good hearted. During the game, I was on the edge of my seat watching a close defensive battle. Then the Blue Angels flew over and when I looked down I was happy to see Chris Harris flying down the sideline into the endzone.
    After the game I took the long way around to back of the stadium to my car high fiving every Bronco fan I saw.
    Turned out to be a great day, this is my third Denver at Raider game in the last 4 years and it will be the last time I tailgate in Oakland, to many people there that don't care about the game.
    [IMG]C:\Users\jculbreth\Pictures\2015-10-15 2015_October 15th"[/IMG]
    wow youre brave i dont know if i could go to a raiturd stadium without getting into a fight. Buut like all teams there are the drunk obnoxious fans and then there are fans that are level headed and realize this is just a game that really has no affect on our lives unless youve got money riding on a game glad you had a good time bro

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
      wow youre brave i dont know if i could go to a raiturd stadium without getting into a fight. Buut like all teams there are the drunk obnoxious fans and then there are fans that are level headed and realize this is just a game that really has no affect on our lives unless youve got money riding on a game glad you had a good time bro
      Thanks bro! id say probably 50% courage and 50% stupidity hahaha! Having a huge group of friends makes it easier but at 36 yrs old now, I have to much to lose to put myself at risk. I kept thinking about my two little girls and reminding my self to drink water and keep my head on a swivel. In the stadium I felt fine, but deep in the parking lot in the tight walkways between cars it gets real, you got f bombs being hurled at you and violence threatened, I realize that's what I signed up for but when I was single and had no kids it was a thrill ride, now its just a big knot in my stomach and hard to think about what could happen.
      Im excited in December I take my girls to their first game ever in San Diego.
      sigpic

Comment

Cheers to a brave guy...even with a bunch of raider friends watching your back! Ya, there's nothing quite like wearing your Bronco stuff to a hostile stadium and watching a win. Last game I attended was the Bronco-9er game in SF back in '88 (which we won in OT on a Rich Karlis FG). After getting yelled at all day, threatened in the bathroom at halftime, and more heckling getting to the car, I decided I'd had enough of trying to have fun around a bunch of drunken idiots. Guess it's like many things in life, there's always some morons who ruin it for everybody else...oh well...
        "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
        PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
        LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
          Cheers to a brave guy...even with a bunch of raider friends watching your back! Ya, there's nothing quite like wearing your Bronco stuff to a hostile stadium and watching a win. Last game I attended was the Bronco-9er game in SF back in '88 (which we won in OT on a Rich Karlis FG). After getting yelled at all day, threatened in the bathroom at halftime, and more heckling getting to the car, I decided I'd had enough of trying to have fun around a bunch of drunken idiots. Guess it's like many things in life, there's always some morons who ruin it for everybody else...oh well...
          I think you told me this story before, If im right the best part is when you took that victory walk out of the stadium, makes the insults a lot less offensive!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X