• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could baby sit and let them go.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      You could baby sit and let them go.
      Yea, that was a thought originally, but he and his wife grew up in a town of 700 in Oklahoma. They've never driven in Denver traffic, navigated a big city, or have even seen a 1-way street before. Neither were comfortable going anywhere/doing anything on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        I am suggesting they strongly consider a third option is all. My kids are all teenagers now but I still remember those struggles/ joys of those early days.

How much “fun” will Mom and Dad actually be having?

Most of the time will be spent attending to the needs of the baby, being hyper vigilant in the crowds or if the baby is fussy could spend the time walking on the concourse or grinding over the decision to leave early.

Maybe just my kids but I do not remember too many baby moments where they slept or happily cooed at the world of events ( sporting, musical, weddings) for a couple hours as my wife and I had fun.

Parents need breaks to recharge their batteries. To relax have a beer and enjoy being with other adults enjoying the moment. How many moments have they had inthe last year and a half?

Just one guys opinion but find a sitter you can trust , try to push aside rhe worry and guilt all parents feel when they leave their kids home and enjoy the game. Baby will be fine when you get home.

To be completely honest, my wife and I struggled with this “advice” too. It is tough being a parent. Even if they do find a sitter there will likely be multiple times they “wonder how baby is doing” and possibly phone calls every quarter. 😀
        I totally understand what you're saying. And I agree. But the way Joshua2585 put it in his first two posts, it sounded like the only two options were that the mom went with the baby or the mom would stay home with the baby. I've been that military wife that stayed home with the baby. I'm just "fighting" for Mom Rights. It didn't take long to get a list of good baby sitters.

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        All good advice! Thanks everyone for contributing. The dos and don'ts of parenting are definitely foreign to me since my wife and I don't have any.

I was looking at tickets on Monday and had no idea that regular season was $200+ for nose-bleeds. I guess I always had gotten discounts from friends that were season ticket-holders. Brother wasn't comfortable spending that much on a ticket and as much as I'd like to, I can't afford to pay for 5 tickets at 200 a pop.

So, problem solved! We'll just have to party at the house and watch it on the big screen
        Too bad it won't work out. Tickets are expensive. You all will have a great time at home. Being together is the important thing.
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
          All good advice! Thanks everyone for contributing. The dos and don'ts of parenting are definitely foreign to me since my wife and I don't have any.

I was looking at tickets on Monday and had no idea that regular season was $200+ for nose-bleeds. I guess I always had gotten discounts from friends that were season ticket-holders. Brother wasn't comfortable spending that much on a ticket and as much as I'd like to, I can't afford to pay for 5 tickets at 200 a pop.

So, problem solved! We'll just have to party at the house and watch it on the big screen
          Probably have a lot of fun that way.... borrow a projector, put up a sheet outside and "tailgate"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            I totally understand what you're saying. And I agree. But the way Joshua2585 put it in his first two posts, it sounded like the only two options were that the mom went with the baby or the mom would stay home with the baby. I've been that military wife that stayed home with the baby. I'm just "fighting" for Mom Rights. It didn't take long to get a list of good baby sitters.

Too bad it won't work out. Tickets are expensive. You all will have a great time at home. Being together is the important thing.
            No worries. I thought I was fighting for Mom’s Rights too.

I assumed first child and remember how protective we were with ours. Until most parents realize they need to occasionally be off duty and the baby will be fine. Letting Mom (and Dad) have a day off is critical for everyone’s sake.

Thanks for your service as a military wife. I was young and single when I was in. Can not imagine having a family in those days.

Sorry to hear it is moot and not going to happen. Hope the situation changes and you find a way to enjoy a game soon Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              Probably have a lot of fun that way.... borrow a projector, put up a sheet outside and "tailgate"
              I like this idea the most
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

If you are sitting in the upper level I think you will regret it. I sat up there once years ago and felt like I was sitting on a ladder-- never again- it sucks up there. In other words, sitting up there can be intimidating in itself and trying to care for an infant seems to me like 3-hours of 'why the hell did I do this'? If you are on a lower flatter level it might be easier.

Get a babysitter. There are lots of services-- plan ahead. If you are going to go-- set yourself up so everyone can enjoy themselves-- you won't with a baby.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X