A Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rant

So for those who saw Gameday Final after the Super Bowl Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci picked the Chargers to be in the Super Bowl next year. Why? I know we haven't been to a Super Bowl recently, but what have the Chargers shown post-season wise that has everybody so impressed as to think that they will be in the big one? It seems like every year they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but I just don't see why :doh:

Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
    So for those who saw Gameday Final after the Super Bowl Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci picked the Chargers to be in the Super Bowl next year. Why? I know we haven't been to a Super Bowl recently, but what have the Chargers shown post-season wise that has everybody so impressed as to think that they will be in the big one? It seems like every year they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but I just don't see why :doh:
    Who cares what Deion says. Everytime he is on talking he makes a point to mention his love for Rivers. Irvin does the same sometimes.
    The Chargers are favorites because they got the ability and potential.
    I feel like my ravens are underestimated and I'm hoping for a good run next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenspride52 View Post
      Who cares what Deion says. Everytime he is on talking he makes a point to mention his love for Rivers. Irvin does the same sometimes.
      The Chargers are favorites because they got the ability and potential.
      I feel like my ravens are underestimated and I'm hoping for a good run next season.
      And his love of himself, you can't forget about that!

The Ravens are for sure underrated, but as long as they are in the same division as the Steelers they'll probably always be overlooked.

Comment

KnockoutOrton8;3164053]And his love of himself, you can't forget about that!

Haha yes that is true. I also hate when he does that "Pay da man" crap

Comment

People have been picking a Chargers vs Cowboys Super Bowl for years now, it hasn't happened.

I think a lot of people realize, not being a homer here but hear me out... the Chargers could easily represent the AFC in the Super Bowl if they stopped becoming mental midgets in the playoffs with their choke jobs.

It's not about what the Chargers possess that shows they're on the brink of winning one. Look at the Saints... they were 8-8 last year and a laughing stock of a franchise and bam, just like that... 13-3 Super Bowl. Sometimes teams come out of nowhere and win the big one. Who would have thought Arizona would be in it that long last year? They didn't have playoff experience.

The Chargers have lots of playoff experience, wins, and terrible losses that leave you wondering what the hell did I just witness here?

I think I know what those analysts must be wondering... man sooner or later the Chargers have to go all the way right?

We'll see... but I think the Chargers are close, they've been kicking at the door since 2004.
          Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
            People have been picking a Chargers vs Cowboys Super Bowl for years now, it hasn't happened.

I think a lot of people realize, not being a homer here but hear me out... the Chargers could easily represent the AFC in the Super Bowl if they stopped becoming mental midgets in the playoffs with their choke jobs.

It's not about what the Chargers possess that shows they're on the brink of winning one. Look at the Saints... they were 8-8 last year and a laughing stock of a franchise and bam, just like that... 13-3 Super Bowl. Sometimes teams come out of nowhere and win the big one. Who would have thought Arizona would be in it that long last year? They didn't have playoff experience.

The Chargers have lots of playoff experience, wins, and terrible losses that leave you wondering what the hell did I just witness here?

I think I know what those analysts must be wondering... man sooner or later the Chargers have to go all the way right?

We'll see... but I think the Chargers are close, they've been kicking at the door since 2004.
            Oh yeah I agree with you, the Chargers have all the talent to get there but we see a totally different team in the playoffs. However, same thing happened to the Broncos in 05 so I know how that is.

It's just getting annoying hearing the "experts" pick the same people and they never make it, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers, Steelers, it'd be nice to see them at least pick some different teams but ah well.

Comment

Eh, because they've gotta win one sooner or later. Eventually their not gonna choke in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                Eh, because they've gotta win one sooner or later. Eventually their not gonna choke in the playoffs.
                That's what everybody said about the Billz

Comment

Its nothing new, i see these guys every year picking the Chargers to be in or win a super bowl, it aint gonna happen anytime soon.
                  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Because the Chargers are...

The reason is because the Chargers are a pretty good team. I hate to admit it but they are. Having said that (which was difficult), I hope they continue to choke and puke in the playoffs or better yet not even make it to the playoffs.

Based on their proven ability as demonstrated over the last few years, one would think that they should have been in a couple of super bowls and perhaps even won one. The thought of that turns my stomach.

So, it's the Chargers recent proven ability and regular season success that prompts these commentators and others to continue picking them as a super bowl favorite regardless that they keep choking in the playoffs.

I believe the Dolts will continue to fail in the playoffs as long as Norv Turner is their head coach.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      That's what everybody said about the Billz
                      and the colts....and the broncos.....

Comment

when you are a good team people pick you to win the SB. that said, i think a lot will change once we get closer to next season.

team will change a lot between now and then but based off last season (because that is all we got right now) i can see why people would pick the chargers to win it all at this point, they were one of the better teams after all.

they sure as heck are not picking the broncos i will tell ya that.

Comment

As long as the Bolts have these streaks of winning like the past few seasons, the "experts" will pick them to win the SB. IMO this won't happen until we can get a defense that is at least equal to the offense. There are some glaring issues that team management will need to focus on. Both lines are lacking. The O-line doesn't get much of a "push" and the D-line doesn't put any pressure on QB's. Until that is fixed, games will continually be put into the hands of P. Rivers or Nate Keading. I have not real problem with PR but Nate doesn't handle the big pressure situations during the playoffs. Games need to be led by enough points to where a missed field goal isn't going to make the difference between a W or a L. Until our lines are capable of doing their job, whether passing, running or putting on pressure, it just ain't going to happen.

Our biggest problem is the amount of players who are up for contracts. Who to keep, who to let go, who to draft. The "experts" are no better at picking the winners than any of us are if we remain objective.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
                            As long as the Bolts have these streaks of winning like the past few seasons, the "experts" will pick them to win the SB. IMO this won't happen until we can get a defense that is at least equal to the offense. There are some glaring issues that team management will need to focus on. Both lines are lacking. The O-line doesn't get much of a "push" and the D-line doesn't put any pressure on QB's. Until that is fixed, games will continually be put into the hands of P. Rivers or Nate Keading. I have not real problem with PR but Nate doesn't handle the big pressure situations during the playoffs. Games need to be led by enough points to where a missed field goal isn't going to make the difference between a W or a L. Until our lines are capable of doing their job, whether passing, running or putting on pressure, it just ain't going to happen.

Our biggest problem is the amount of players who are up for contracts. Who to keep, who to let go, who to draft. The "experts" are no better at picking the winners than any of us are if we remain objective.
                            The Chargers D is what kept them in that game against the Jets. If the D didn't show up the Chargers could have easily gotten blown out of that game with how terrible the offense played.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltNut View Post

I bet your coach picks the sexy pick, RB.
                              But I agree that OL is an even better selection.

Comment

Working...
                              X