Chargers want to deal Cromartie for....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
    Look I'm not afraid to call out Charger fans, because trust me there is some very stupid ones here who know as much about football as Bronco fans.

Cromartie had a very good year, especially in SD's defense, where pressure was coming from DB blitzes and SD played alot of man with 1 deep. So Jammer and Cro were put on islands alot.

No way would SD trade a probowl CB and the most athletically gifted CB in the NFL for Moreno. That'd be dumb by SD.

Cromartie has had 3 good seasons the past 4 years. More than I can say for any CB Den has. Cro's only issue is mentally. Mentally he pulls back on tackling or doesn't get physical all the time or when needed.

Remind us how many ints Champ has had the past 3 years?? ANYONE??

I'll take Cro over Champ for sure. Champ has 1 to 2 years left tops. Get Cro a coach who will ride him in terms of being physical like Jammer and he will be the best CB in the NFL. His coverage is very good, especially in man. His zone got much better and his physical stature 6'2 great speed 210 plus pounds, great ball skills and vertical ability. He's a freak.
    INT's are overrated, Nnamdi is a top 2 corner and he rarely has any INT's, so i guess Cro is better then Nnamdi too, right. Champ doesnt have many years left, neither does Jammer, he'll be 31 this upcoming year.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
      To be honest he got you there, what has Cro done since? Nothing, 5 picks in two years and he played every game in that timespan.

If Moreno has no ceiling then why the Chargers work him out before the draft?
      No he didn't. He never even tried to argue the point.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        INT's are overrated, Nnamdi is a top 2 corner and he rarely has any INT's, so i guess Cro is better then Nnamdi too, right. Champ doesnt have many years left, neither does Jammer, he'll be 31 this upcoming year.
        Ok, now prove that.

Comment

Cro has huge upside and is an atheltic freak, but he's not physical in the run game, etc. Cro will never be on the same level as Champ, it's not all about INT't, Nnamdi is a top 2 corner and rarely has any INT's. Jammer is getting older ,he'll be 31. What the hell has Cason done, he's worse then Cro.
          Champ will be 32, Goodman will be 32. Den's CB position is very old also with Law being 37.

Den is gonna be in trouble there.

Cason is young and has played nickle for 2 years in SD and so has Gregory and they even played the 2 and 1 spots.

SD is just fine at CB, Den. Not so much so. In fact their entire secondary is very old. Oldest player in our secondary is Jammer and he's younger than Dawkins, Goodman, Law, Champ, Hill and Vernon Fox. Our second oldest is 27 yr old Gregory.

Comment

Cro has huge upside and is an atheltic freak, but he's not physical in the run game, etc. Cro will never be on the same level as Champ, it's not all about INT't, Nnamdi is a top 2 corner and rarely has any INT's. Jammer is getting older ,he'll be 31. What the hell has Cason done, he's worse then Cro.
            Cason is very physical in the run game and he is mentally much better than Cromartie. He's also good athletic CB with good measureables and size. Worse than Cromartie?? You sound like your are saying Cromartie is bad, which again far from the truth. The areas Cromartie does lack however, Gregory and Cason certainly do not.

Comment

Look I'm not afraid to call out Charger fans, because trust me there is some very stupid ones here who know as much about football as Bronco fans.

Cromartie had a very good year, especially in SD's defense, where pressure was coming from DB blitzes and SD played alot of man with 1 deep. So Jammer and Cro were put on islands alot.

No way would SD trade a probowl CB and the most athletically gifted CB in the NFL for Moreno. That'd be dumb by SD.

Cromartie has had 3 good seasons the past 4 years. More than I can say for any CB Den has. Cro's only issue is mentally. Mentally he pulls back on tackling or doesn't get physical all the time or when needed.

Remind us how many ints Champ has had the past 3 years?? ANYONE??

I'll take Cro over Champ for sure. Champ has 1 to 2 years left tops. Get Cro a coach who will ride him in terms of being physical like Jammer and he will be the best CB in the NFL. His coverage is very good, especially in man. His zone got much better and his physical stature 6'2 great speed 210 plus pounds, great ball skills and vertical ability. He's a freak.
              Man....you are nuts.

Cro is at BEST worth a 3rd round pick. Moreno's value is higher and so is Champ's.

You were the same guy here telling us that he is the best CB in the league and that after his next season the entire league will now it.

Looks like he isn't even good enough for the dolts to want to keep. They tried offering him for Dallas' 3RD string RB....and Dallas didn't even want it!!! You need to take off the goggles.

And NO....Champ did NOT surrender a TD all year. The only TD NEAR him was a screen pass to Hines Ward when Champ was covering Holmes. He tried to help make the tackle..but it was not his assignment.

http://www.broncosgab.com/2010/01/15...g-2009-season/

CB Champ Bailey Allowed No Touchdowns During 2009 Season
              Posted by Matt Loede on January 15th, 2010 in News

Colorado Springs Gazette beat writer Frank Schwab, the area’s All Pro voter, tracked down detailed stats for the league’s cornerbacks and discovered that Bailey was the only one not to allow a touchdown this season, despite spending much of the season shadowing the opponent’s top receiver (like San Diego’s Vincent Jackson, Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne and Philadelphia’s DeSean Jackson). According to Stats, Ic., Bailey allowed 47 catches for a total of 624 yards. That’s more than Jets star Darrelle Revis allowed (40 for 439 yards) but that Bailey didn’t allow even a single touchdown is impressive.

Comment

Champ will be 32, Goodman will be 32. Den's CB position is very old also with Law being 37.

Den is gonna be in trouble there.

Cason is young and has played nickle for 2 years in SD and so has Gregory and they even played the 2 and 1 spots.

SD is just fine at CB, Den. Not so much so. In fact their entire secondary is very old. Oldest player in our secondary is Jammer and he's younger than Dawkins, Goodman, Law, Champ, Hill and Vernon Fox. Our second oldest is 27 yr old Gregory.
                I agree we need to get a #1 corner to replace Champ in a few years, but Champ played well this year and proved he's still a top 5 corner, safety not as bad. We just drafted McBath who could start this upcoming year for Hill. Bruton looks like a solid all around safety, Barrett is solid and good against tight ends. I like our safety situation. I'm hoping Haden falls to Denver at 10/11, but it probably wont happen. Alphonso had a bad year, he was playing well until his injury against Oakland, i think it's more mental though. Tony Carter surprised when he played, looks like a good nickle. Law may not be back next year, Alphonso will be the nickle, and Carter the #4 CB. Fox is ST, depth at best, probably will get cut.
                Last edited by ERoyal248; 02-18-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                  Man....you are nuts.

Cro is at BEST worth a 3rd round pick. Moreno's value is higher and so is Champ's.

You were the same guy here telling us that he is the best CB in the league and that after his next season the entire league will now it.

Looks like he isn't even good enough for the dolts to want to keep. They tried offering him for Dallas' 3RD string RB....and Dallas didn't even want it!!! You need to take off the goggles.

And NO....Champ did NOT surrender a TD all year. The only TD NEAR him was a screen pass to Hines Ward when Champ was covering Holmes. He tried to help make the tackle..but it was not his assignment.

http://www.broncosgab.com/2010/01/15...g-2009-season/

CB Champ Bailey Allowed No Touchdowns During 2009 Season
                  Posted by Matt Loede on January 15th, 2010 in News

Colorado Springs Gazette beat writer Frank Schwab, the area’s All Pro voter, tracked down detailed stats for the league’s cornerbacks and discovered that Bailey was the only one not to allow a touchdown this season, despite spending much of the season shadowing the opponent’s top receiver (like San Diego’s Vincent Jackson, Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne and Philadelphia’s DeSean Jackson). According to Stats, Ic., Bailey allowed 47 catches for a total of 624 yards. That’s more than Jets star Darrelle Revis allowed (40 for 439 yards) but that Bailey didn’t allow even a single touchdown is impressive.
                  Cromartie is worth much more than a 3rd. Link to Cowboys declining a offer of Cro for Choice please??

Moreno's value is virtually none, same with a old Champ who has proven to be recently injury prone.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...d-2nd-TD-catch

Sure looks to me like Champ gave up a TD, he was in clear site of a chance for a tackle and got punked for a TD.

Comment

Sure looks to me like Champ gave up a TD, he was in clear site of a chance for a tackle and got punked for a TD.
                    Looks to me like Champ committed to the wrong side and got caught flat footed -- check out his feet, that's where all the magic happens. Exactly how much time did you spend looking for that anyway?

Comment

Cromartie is worth much more than a 3rd. Link to Cowboys declining a offer of Cro for Choice please??

Moreno's value is virtually none, same with a old Champ who has proven to be recently injury prone.

I dont think Dallas ever got a call for the Choice/Cro trade. How is Moreno's value none. Other then 08, Champ has been durable throughout his career. Heres the best corner in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdSxHfzVS0

Comment

Moreno has no value? LOL! The guy was the leading rookie rusher in the NFL on a team where he shared carries. He was #16 in the league in rushing. Not bad for a guy who wasn't even a starter every game. He had 9 total TD's. I'm not saying he's CJ or ADP....but he has shown plenty of promise and is already a better contributor than Cro.

Champ is still worth much more than Cro even late in his career. Calling him injury prone is a joke. Last year he started every game. In 2008 he started 9 out of 16....and in EVERY year before that he has never not started more than 2 games in a season. In his 11 seasons that totals 176 possible games to start....he has started in 166 --- or 94%....that is injury prone? LOL. I guess the entire Charger team is injury prone by that definition than. Including Gates, Hardwick, McNeil, Merriman, Castillo, Williams, Weddle, etc.
                        Here ya go:

Here is the relevant quote:
                        "One source said the team talked with the Dallas Cowboys recently about a deal involving Cowboys running back Tashard Choice, though it was not known whether there were any other components involved in a potential deal. The Cowboys were not interested."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2.../1s18chargers/

And even "experts" are saying that Cro is probably worth only a 3rd rounder:

ESPN:
                        "So, if San Diego could get some value for Cromartie, I could see him being shipped out. Realistic compensation for Cromartie is probably a third-round pick."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-horrible-idea

Look again amigo. Ward WAS NOT Champ's assignment. He was lined up across from Santonio Holmes.

It was a screen pass that went over to Champ's side after the play began. Not his coverage man. Exactly as I told you....

Before the play Champ on Holmes:

After catch you can see the balls was thrown to Ward who was not Champ's assignment.

Last edited by Accordngs; 02-18-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
                          No he didn't. He never even tried to argue the point.
                          He stated the point, put across the question, how has he done after that good season? Maybe not so eloquently, but it was concise enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                            He stated the point, put across the question, how has he done after that good season? Maybe not so eloquently, but it was concise enough.
                            Reading comprehension, this forum needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
                              Reading comprehension, this forum needs it.
                              Hmmm, I did comment that he wasn't quite as eloquent with his point as others were, but his point was valid. Cromartie has been far from the star he was 2007.

He didn't expand, but the nucleus of the arguement was there. Unless your "reported for trolling" comment was made in sarcasm, then I don't see what you mean. If that was humour then it would typify your unique brand of contributions to these boards.

Comment

I have to go to work, so if you haven't figured out why you're both wrong by the time I get back then I will kindly explain it to you.

I have confidence in you.

Comment

Working...
                                X