Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers want to deal Cromartie for....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
    I completely disagree with everything you said about Champ and Cro. I think Cro's value will be seen in the near future and I'll just offer you up some crow then.
    Champ even in his old age was better than Cro this year:

    Champ:
    Thrown at 92 times - 53.3% completion
    Avg. yds per catch - 12.1
    Passes defended - 9
    Missed tackles - 5
    Yards allowed after catch - 186
    Long allowed - 50yds
    Int's - 3
    TD's allowed - 0
    Penalties Committed - 1
    Opposing QB passer rating when throwing at him: 63.3
    Total plays in 2009/10 season - 1037 (5th among all CBs!!!)

    Cro
    Thrown at 79 times - 57% completion
    Avg. yds per catch - 12.1
    Passes defended - 6
    Missed tackles - 6 (not counting the awesome playoff one's)
    Yards allowed after catch - 178
    Long allowed - 49yds
    Int's - 3
    TD's allowed - 2
    Penalties Committed - 3
    Opposing QB passer rating when throwing at him: 70.9
    Total plays in 2009/10 season - 895 (37th among CB's)


    On to Moreno:
    Moreno only started in 9 games. He had a total of 247 carries.... that's only 15 a game. You are acting like he was the featured back every game for a full season. Not too mention he had to play through some injuries. All I am saying that you guys are nuts if you are ALREADY saying that Moreno is no good and won't be. The guy had as good of rookie campaign as all those hall of famers...and no one is saying they were scrubs with a low ceiling.

    You are just reaching...and your hatred for the Broncos is creating a huge bias against Moreno. You look at his stats objectively compared to those listed above in the rookie year...you can't say the things you did.

    But here's the info you wanted:

    Emmitt : 937 yards, 11 total TD's (241 attempts)
    Payton: 679 yards, 7 total TD's (196 attempts)
    LT: 1236 yards, 10 total TD's (339 attempts)
    Faulk: 1078 yards, 14 total TD's (289 attempts) 2nd year, 587 yards, 7 total TD's (198 attempts) 3rd year
    Allen: 1014 yards, 11 total TD's (266 attempts) 2nd year
    Jones: 373 yards, 2 total TD's (112 attempts)
    Williams: 884 yards, 2 total TD's (253 attempts)


    So Moreno's numbers still stack up right with them:

    Moreno: 947 yards, 9 total TD's, (247 attempts)

    The fact of the matter is it was just like I said...he was a rookie that wore down in the last part of the season. My point in case:

    Moreno through 12 games:
    182 carries, 774 yards = 4.25 ypc

    Moreno through last 4 games:
    65 carries, 173 yards = 2.66 ypc

    He will adjust to the longer season, work harder and easily break 1000 yards next season.
    Well for Moreno we'll see.

    It's much like you guys discrediting Weddle, even though his numbers suggest he is a very good young safety. Very versatile to.

    But we'll see how Moreno pans out.


    In terms of Cro, you guys swear he had a bad year or his play has digressed, even though the numbers you even posted suggest he had nearly as good of a season as Champ who you guys regard as still being top 3. This was with less of a pass rush for Cromartie.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
      Well for Moreno we'll see.

      It's much like you guys discrediting Weddle, even though his numbers suggest he is a very good young safety. Very versatile to.

      But we'll see how Moreno pans out.


      In terms of Cro, you guys swear he had a bad year or his play has digressed, even though the numbers you even posted suggest he had nearly as good of a season as Champ who you guys regard as still being top 3. This was with less of a pass rush for Cromartie.
      We will see about Moreno.

      Cro's year wasn't nearly as good as Champ's like you suggest though. Champ outperformed him in almost every statistical category... lower comp%, lower oppsoing QB rating, etc...and played way more snaps than Cro. Cro was off the field quite often.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
        We will see about Moreno.

        Cro's year wasn't nearly as good as Champ's like you suggest though. Champ outperformed him in almost every statistical category... lower comp%, lower oppsoing QB rating, etc...and played way more snaps than Cro. Cro was off the field quite often.
        They were relatively close enough that suggesting he had a bad year would mean Champ had an average year.

        SD's D was on the field less than Den's, due to our offense. Jammer has less snaps than Champ to.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
          Well for Moreno we'll see.

          It's much like you guys discrediting Weddle, even though his numbers suggest he is a very good young safety. Very versatile to.

          But we'll see how Moreno pans out.


          In terms of Cro, you guys swear he had a bad year or his play has digressed, even though the numbers you even posted suggest he had nearly as good of a season as Champ who you guys regard as still being top 3. This was with less of a pass rush for Cromartie.
          Yes, he's a very good young safety!


          Had to

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
            They were relatively close enough that suggesting he had a bad year would mean Champ had an average year.

            SD's D was on the field less than Den's, due to our offense. Jammer has less snaps than Champ to.
            Jammer was on 949 times - this is 54 more times than Cro. That's a pretty good amount more.

            The numbers look close but aren't really. For CB's small differences are huge.

            i.e. - Champ was 13 in the NFL among starting CB's for comp % and Cro was 25th.

            Opposing QB passer rating for Champ is 12th in the NFL, and for Cro would be 26th.

            Champ is 10th in tackles, Cro was 71st.
            Champ is 19th in passes defended, Cro was 47th.

            and it goes on.....in other words...don't let those stats fool you into thinking he was close.

            Comment


            • #81
              I've seen the Cromartie act before. His athletic ability far outshines his ability as a football player.

              Ten years ago I'd say Oakland could turn him into a stud. No longer.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                Actually, the Chargers wish.

                Moreno's value is WAY higher than Cro's right now.

                Cro's play has been in serious decline. He hasn't shown to even be a solid starter yet. Not too mention the guy is a headache off the field. He just lost his grievance today filed by his old agent for never paying the guy. And has 7 kids in 5 states that he wasn't paying support for and is now working it out. Just a headache.

                Moreno was nearly a 1000 rusher in his rookie year, showing promise!
                Cromartie is a one year wonder. he was a beast in 07 then sucked afterwards.
                sigpic

                2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                  Cromartie is a one year wonder. he was a beast in 07 then sucked afterwards.
                  It was a solid year for him.

                  He played the nickel which meant he was usually guarding a WR that was deep in the QB's progressions....this would give Cro a lot more time to react and this is when his athleticism came into play.

                  I've always said that if I was Norv I would put him right back as the nickel corner because this seems like one place he has a chance to excel. Safety wouldn't work since he's so soft.
                  Last edited by Accordngs; 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #84


                    This is precisely the reason Cromartie wont make it in the NFL as a safety.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post

                      This is precisely the reason Cromartie wont make it in the NFL as a safety.
                      Looks like the Pats and Pats may be showing a bit of interest. Thomas Jones or Larwrence Maroney? It'd be really interesting to see what affect Belichick would have on Cro.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post


                        This is precisely the reason Cromartie wont make it in the NFL as a safety.
                        Also the same reason I think Weddle isn't a true safety. I wouldn't want that guy as my last line of defense when he gets run over by a 5'11" 226lb RB.

                        Dolt fans have been on Weddle and Cro's jock...but if either of them could make a tackle they might win that game. Instead they only want to look at Nate Finkel's missed kicks.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                          Also the same reason I think Weddle isn't a true safety. I wouldn't want that guy as my last line of defense when he gets run over by a 5'11" 226lb RB.

                          Dolt fans have been on Weddle and Cro's jock...but if either of them could make a tackle they might win that game. Instead they only want to look at Nate Finkel's missed kicks.
                          Yeah because every safety hasn't been run over before by much less physical RB's than Shonne Green.

                          I've seen Dawkins run over plenty and completely wiff on tackles.

                          Sorry Weddle is a stud. That's the first time I've seen him run over or even miss a tackle. He atleast got in there and attempted it.

                          Kaeding was why we lost. But he's still 5 times the kicker Pooper is or whatever that clown in Den's name is.

                          Weddle >> Dawkins

                          http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1

                          His INT's are actually in coverage and not standing around field punt like deflected passes that other players deflect.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                            Cromartie is a one year wonder. he was a beast in 07 then sucked afterwards.
                            He was a beast in his rookie year as a nickle and had a good year this year. He's had 1 bad year due to injury.

                            He's better than any CB Den has had lately outside of Champ. Goodman?? Really?? Bly?? CMON MAN!!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                              He was a beast in his rookie year as a nickle and had a good year this year. He's had 1 bad year due to injury.

                              He's better than any CB Den has had lately outside of Champ. Goodman?? Really?? Bly?? CMON MAN!!
                              Please. If he stays with the Chargers, he's not even a lock to start.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                                Please. If he stays with the Chargers, he's not even a lock to start.
                                Again that has more to do with his mentality than skill set. Skill set is very good and probowl level. Mentality and toughness on a consistent basis, practice squad. You get someone who can instill that in him, which is very very doable. Cromartie would be top 3 CB in the NFL. He needs a hard ass to ride him though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X