• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accordngs
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post

Weddle >> Dawkins
    Did you stop taking your meds today ROD?

Leave a comment:

• Hatake.
    replied
    Cason is very physical in the run game and he is mentally much better than Cromartie. He's also good athletic CB with good measureables and size. Worse than Cromartie?? You sound like your are saying Cromartie is bad, which again far from the truth. The areas Cromartie does lack however, Gregory and Cason certainly do not.
    Cason reminds me of Richard Marshall...

Marshall just is just more of a ballhawk.

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Again that has more to do with his mentality than skill set. Skill set is very good and probowl level.
    Ryan Leaf, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Lawrence Phillips, etc.... Attitude problems are very, very difficult things to fix.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
    Neither of those videos are impressive at all.

This, however, is: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnex...&v=PhNhehBHurQ
    There is no comparison, LT is a beast.
    RB K. Moreno is hopefully on his way but
    he seems to lack that NFL big time play.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    Please. If he stays with the Chargers, he's not even a lock to start.
    Again that has more to do with his mentality than skill set. Skill set is very good and probowl level. Mentality and toughness on a consistent basis, practice squad. You get someone who can instill that in him, which is very very doable. Cromartie would be top 3 CB in the NFL. He needs a hard ass to ride him though.

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    He was a beast in his rookie year as a nickle and had a good year this year. He's had 1 bad year due to injury.

He's better than any CB Den has had lately outside of Champ. Goodman?? Really?? Bly?? CMON MAN!!
    Please. If he stays with the Chargers, he's not even a lock to start.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Cromartie is a one year wonder. he was a beast in 07 then sucked afterwards.
    He was a beast in his rookie year as a nickle and had a good year this year. He's had 1 bad year due to injury.

He's better than any CB Den has had lately outside of Champ. Goodman?? Really?? Bly?? CMON MAN!!

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
    Also the same reason I think Weddle isn't a true safety. I wouldn't want that guy as my last line of defense when he gets run over by a 5'11" 226lb RB.

Dolt fans have been on Weddle and Cro's jock...but if either of them could make a tackle they might win that game. Instead they only want to look at Nate Finkel's missed kicks.
    Yeah because every safety hasn't been run over before by much less physical RB's than Shonne Green.

I've seen Dawkins run over plenty and completely wiff on tackles.

Sorry Weddle is a stud. That's the first time I've seen him run over or even miss a tackle. He atleast got in there and attempted it.

Kaeding was why we lost. But he's still 5 times the kicker Pooper is or whatever that clown in Den's name is.

Weddle >> Dawkins

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1

His INT's are actually in coverage and not standing around field punt like deflected passes that other players deflect.

Leave a comment:

• Accordngs
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post

This is precisely the reason Cromartie wont make it in the NFL as a safety.
    Also the same reason I think Weddle isn't a true safety. I wouldn't want that guy as my last line of defense when he gets run over by a 5'11" 226lb RB.

Dolt fans have been on Weddle and Cro's jock...but if either of them could make a tackle they might win that game. Instead they only want to look at Nate Finkel's missed kicks.

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post

Looks like the Pats and Pats may be showing a bit of interest. Thomas Jones or Larwrence Maroney? It'd be really interesting to see what affect Belichick would have on Cro.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Accordngs
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    It was a solid year for him.

He played the nickel which meant he was usually guarding a WR that was deep in the QB's progressions....this would give Cro a lot more time to react and this is when his athleticism came into play.

I've always said that if I was Norv I would put him right back as the nickel corner because this seems like one place he has a chance to excel. Safety wouldn't work since he's so soft.
    Last edited by Accordngs; 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
    Actually, the Chargers wish.

Moreno's value is WAY higher than Cro's right now.

Cro's play has been in serious decline. He hasn't shown to even be a solid starter yet. Not too mention the guy is a headache off the field. He just lost his grievance today filed by his old agent for never paying the guy. And has 7 kids in 5 states that he wasn't paying support for and is now working it out. Just a headache.

Moreno was nearly a 1000 rusher in his rookie year, showing promise!

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    I've seen the Cromartie act before. His athletic ability far outshines his ability as a football player.

Ten years ago I'd say Oakland could turn him into a stud. No longer.

Leave a comment:

• Accordngs
    replied
    They were relatively close enough that suggesting he had a bad year would mean Champ had an average year.

SD's D was on the field less than Den's, due to our offense. Jammer has less snaps than Champ to.
    Jammer was on 949 times - this is 54 more times than Cro. That's a pretty good amount more.

The numbers look close but aren't really. For CB's small differences are huge.

i.e. - Champ was 13 in the NFL among starting CB's for comp % and Cro was 25th.

Opposing QB passer rating for Champ is 12th in the NFL, and for Cro would be 26th.

Champ is 10th in tackles, Cro was 71st.
    Champ is 19th in passes defended, Cro was 47th.

and it goes on.....in other words...don't let those stats fool you into thinking he was close.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X