Sproles is likely gone in San Diego also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sproles is likely gone in San Diego also

Appears that Sproles is going to hit the market and his odds of being SD now got slim...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...one-year-deal/

So SD's offseason is looking like this so far:

LT - Gone
    Sproles - Likely Gone
    Cro - Likely Gone
    VJ - If back, suspended for probably at least 4 games
    Merriman - Who knows

Looking like some bigger holes to fill than a lot of people thought.

Tomas Jones is not going to be a Jet next year, I'm guessing that Norv makes a serious run at him for a one year solution -- I may be wrong but this doesn't look to be that good of a draft for RB's.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
      Tomas Jones is not going to be a Jet next year, I'm guessing that Norv makes a serious run at him for a one year solution -- I may be wrong but this doesn't look to be that good of a draft for RB's.
      How do you figure TJ is gone next year? Hes been a top 5 productive back in the league for the last few years. Greene had a good playoff run yes, but their gonna hold onto TJ hes probably the most underrated rb in the league and with that great line in front of him hes still going to be productive.
      sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
        How do you figure TJ is gone next year? Hes been a top 5 productive back in the league for the last few years. Greene had a good playoff run yes, but their gonna hold onto TJ hes probably the most underrated rb in the league and with that great line in front of him hes still going to be productive.
        I think I read somewhere he might be cut because of money. He has a good chunk due to him and is getting up in age.

I also read that they might still keep him with Leon Washington being the odd man out. So who knows.

There were rumors of SD talking to NYJ, BUF, and TEN to trade Cro for either TJ, Marshawn Lynch, or Lendale White.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
          I think I read somewhere he might be cut because of money. He has a good chunk due to him and is getting up in age.

I also read that they might still keep him with Leon Washington being the odd man out. So who knows.

There were rumors of SD talking to NYJ, BUF, and TEN to trade Cro for either TJ, Marshawn Lynch, or Lendale White.
          I'm not sure about the money thing because I've havent heard about any of that, but I doubt they fully trust Greene to take 100 percent of the carries since he hasnt fully proved he can be the full work horse, even though a very good playoff performance.
          sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

I bet the Chargers make a serious run for Leon Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
              He's 31 now and I seem to remember reading that they're really high on another one of their RB's who's been out due to knee surgery. Leon Washington? Anyway, I've read that Jones is on his way out.

Comment

Interesting I wonder who there gonna go after. What about Dallas dont they have like three running backs Jones, Barber, Choice. I wonder If the bolts are looking at one of the three.
                sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

Man when it rains it pours huh? I figured with LT leaving they'd make more of a push to keep Sproles in town, kind of confused where they go from here.

Comment

There is no way AJ trades Cro for Lynch or White. He trying to unload baggage and that would just be swapping baggage.

Comment

it looks like the bolts might either sign a FA RB or look for one in the draft cause the draft is stacked with quality RB

Comment

I think the news of the past few days is just the beginning. I cant recall another season where teams simply let superstars walk without regard to possible trade value or the player going to a division rival.

Carolina is allowing Peppers to test FA. I think we will see some more big names walk because of the uncertainty surrounding the league following the uncapped year.

SD would probably be a favorite for many heading into next year however being uncapped Spanos most certainly wont spend to keep up with the Jones's, Kraft's, Snyder's, etc...

If SD landed Dexter McCluster, I would be scared. Very scared. Let's also not forget they still have Michael Bennet who could fill in nicely. I also would be scared to see them go after Chester Taylor!

Comment

My guess would be that SD drafts Jonathon Dwyer or Ryan Matthews, and tries to sign Brian Westbrook in FA.
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

SD picked the wrong time to unload there backfield imo. This year's draft is not very deep at RB. Spiller is the only consensus 1st round RB, and if SD wanted him they would have to trade up to get him, which I could see them doing.

Sproles will get a nice deal somewhere, maybe to Buf, they're prob going to dump Lynch.

LT I really think will go to NE. He could still have a prductive season or two left in him as a partof that offense, they wouldnt put too much wear and tear on him.
                            A book I wrote

Comment

Appears that Sproles is going to hit the market and his odds of being SD now got slim...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...one-year-deal/

So SD's offseason is looking like this so far:

LT - Gone
                              Sproles - Likely Gone
                              Cro - Likely Gone
                              VJ - If back, suspended for probably at least 4 games
                              Merriman - Who knows

Looking like some bigger holes to fill than a lot of people thought.
                              I'm curious as to why you think Sproles will not be back.....All they said is that they wouldnt slap the franchise tag on him a 2nd time cause it would have made his salary around 7.2mil in 2010.

He will still be a restricted free-agent & the Chargers will be able to match any offer he gets.....And I'd be suprsed if any team offered him over 5 mil/year to be a RB/Special teams player.

This could work out better for SD cause they will get to see what other teams see as a workable contract for a player like Sproles & they can Match any offer they get and keep him in SD long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X