Sproles is likely gone in San Diego also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    If Sproles leaves, I would be surprised, 1st and 3rd round picks are pretty steep.
    nobody is gonna give up a first and a third for sproles, its not even remotely possible that a team can be that dumb......al davis thinks that would be a dumb move.

but hey! i could be wrong and if i am i would say a first and a third is definitely worth losing sproles.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      nobody is gonna give up a first and a third for sproles, its not even remotely possible that a team can be that dumb......
      I don't know a lot about the rules involved in tendering a player, but I believe that the Chargers just agreed to play Sproles a heck of a lot of money, a minimum of 110% of what he made last year. Again, they either like him a whole lot or they're desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
        I don't know a lot about the rules involved in tendering a player, but I believe that the Chargers just agreed to play Sproles a heck of a lot of money, a minimum of 110% of what he made last year. Again, they either like him a whole lot or they're desperate.
        i think it is a little bit of both. of course they like him, he is a legitimate weapon in their offense. the problem is, that is a lot of money to pay a guy like sproles.

i think they realized that it is too big of a gamble to let both LT and sproles go, especially if they are not confident they can get a decent veteran signed.

i would be pretty nervous if we had all rookies and a scrub or two in our back field. even though our running game cant get much worse than it was last year, it can stay just as bad except we would lose a potent receiver out of the backfield as well.

that would definitely hurt the offense significantly IMO
        sigpic

Comment

BTW he will get paid 7.5 mill guaranteed this year
          sigpic

Comment

nobody is gonna give up a first and a third for sproles, its not even remotely possible that a team can be that dumb......al davis thinks that would be a dumb move.

but hey! i could be wrong and if i am i would say a first and a third is definitely worth losing sproles.
            Don't you dare say Al Davis isn't that dumb!!!

Just win baby!

Comment

BTW he will get paid 7.5 mill guaranteed this year
              I think this was done so that if a team was interested in signing him the Chargers would not walk away empty handed....They could still negotiate a lesser deal instead of a 1st & 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
                I think this was done so that if a team was interested in signing him the Chargers would not walk away empty handed....They could still negotiate a lesser deal instead of a 1st & 3rd.
                well ya, that's assuming a deal does get done. sproles can just sign the tender and tell AJ to pound sand if he wants, especially if he feels he is worth more than AJ does, which is very possible knowing how AJ has been in the past.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X