Best AFCW Running Backs to ever play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sSync View Post
    Unfortunately for him, this is the only thing that comes to mind when you hear his name...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScioc_dmXg
    No joke. Seriously, Steve Atwater broke his very soul. Heck, Okoye's grand children will probably feel that hit.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by gorky View Post
      If I could bring back a young version of a running back from any era and any team to play for us, Bo Jackson would be my choice.
      I'd put a no baseball clause in his contract, and if he stayed healthy, wow!

Anyway, I thought I throw in Christian Okoye as well. I wouldn't put him on my top 5 list, but he is worthy of consideration. He was extremely dominant too. Teams feared the Chiefs, mainly due to him.
      I was thinking Christian Okoye too. Not sure of his career histroy but I remember watching him and he was a brute.
      I believe his nickname was "The Nigerian Nightmare".
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        obviously its not most important to most people outside of donkeyville, when judging the career of positional players.

also, your point about LT's last 5 games in the playoffs is irrelevant. LT will be judged by what he did when he was healthy and dominate, not at the end of his career or when he was injured.
        You can look at it like that or you can look at how it is, he played terrible in the playoffs. I'm not saying he is terrible, just he doesnt play big in big games. Which I think to be called number one you have to be able to do that.

You talked about floyd little not ever seeing the playoffs, yet he is a HOF. You know why this was? He had a terrible team around him yet still played good. What happened to LT after he lost his pro bowl FB and his solid line play? Not saying the guy is bad, just that he might have played amazing in the regular season but didnt do the greatest in post season. Just like Peyton some like to argue he is the best, but he doesnt really have the post season to back it up.

While on the other hand TD had a 2000 yard season and avg 4.6 ypc while LT avg 4.3 ypc, so its not like he didnt play well in the regular season. Then on top of that his play in the post season was just amazing, where it counts most. He avg around 140 yards a post season game and 1.5 td's. LT was dominate on the field, but TD was dominate on the field regular and POST season.
        sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyBronco24 View Post
          You can look at it like that or you can look at how it is, he played terrible in the playoffs. I'm not saying he is terrible, just he doesnt play big in big games. Which I think to be called number one you have to be able to do that.

You talked about floyd little not ever seeing the playoffs, yet he is a HOF. You know why this was? He had a terrible team around him yet still played good. What happened to LT after he lost his pro bowl FB and his solid line play? Not saying the guy is bad, just that he might have played amazing in the regular season but didnt do the greatest in post season. Just like Peyton some like to argue he is the best, but he doesnt really have the post season to back it up.

While on the other hand TD had a 2000 yard season and avg 4.6 ypc while LT avg 4.3 ypc, so its not like he didnt play well in the regular season. Then on top of that his play in the post season was just amazing, where it counts most. He avg around 140 yards a post season game and 1.5 td's. LT was dominate on the field, but TD was dominate on the field regular and POST season.
          Yep and the NFL is all about winning championships, so the post season IS a huge part of it. Is that only in 'donkeyland' or is it just everywhere except Doltville? Side note, how did I guess this would turn into another LT vs TD thread.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            Yep and the NFL is all about winning championships, so the post season IS a huge part of it. Is that only in 'donkeyland' or is it just everywhere except Doltville? Side note, how did I guess this would turn into another LT vs TD thread.
            Lol I guess you have to actually win a chip to understand that they matter.
            sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

You can look at it like that or you can look at how it is, he played terrible in the playoffs.
              again, when he was healthy and in his prime, he wasn't terrible in the playoffs. you are comparing LT when he was injured and at the end of his career to TD in his prime.

You talked about floyd little not ever seeing the playoffs, yet he is a HOF. You know why this was? He had a terrible team around him yet still played good. What happened to LT after he lost his pro bowl FB and his solid line play?
              haha you act as if the chargers have been a good team ever since LT got drafted.

LOL!! LT never had a good line until 2006 when he broke all those records and even that line wasn't as good as what TD had for multiple years.

2/3 of LT's best seasons statistically came on teams that where horrid with no other weapons except himself with an average at best OL.

its for that exact reason that RB's (or any other positional players except QB's) are not judged by rings, just like Floyd little wasn't.
              sigpic

Comment

winning rings is not all that matters when judging a players career, you may think it does due to the fact that it supports your guy but the rest of the football world agrees with my position, not yours.

seriously, if winning was all that mattered then you would have a completely different list of HOF'ers and players that are on most peoples best of all time list.

barry sanders and jim brown would be nowhere neat the top 10 all time on anyone's list according to your logic.

so no, it isn't a "doltville" thing, its an everywhere except "donkey homeriville" thing. :thumb:
                sigpic

Comment

winning rings is not all that matters when judging a players career, you may think it does due to the fact that it supports your guy but the rest of the football world agrees with my position, not yours.

seriously, if winning was all that mattered then you would have a completely different list of HOF'ers and players that are on most peoples best of all time list.

barry sanders and jim brown would be nowhere neat the top 10 all time on anyone's list according to your logic.

so no, it isn't a "doltville" thing, its an everywhere except "donkey homeriville" thing. :thumb:
                  Show me where in my post I said that winning rings is THE ONLY THING that matters. Hmm... I didn't, but if you want to start talking about top ten players in certain positions of all time, Marino is lucky to be on most peoples list these days because he doesn't have a ring.
                  Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 02-24-2010, 10:10 PM.
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

again, when he was healthy and in his prime, he wasn't terrible in the playoffs. you are comparing LT when he was injured and at the end of his career to TD in his prime.
                    Yes only breaking 100 yards once in the playoffs 1 out of 8 games isnt terrible at all. This has nothing to do with recently, he was never amazing in the playoffs simple and plain.
                    sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Lol I guess you have to actually win a chip to understand that they matter.
                      Didn't you know that greatness is only measured by making the playoffs? That's the goal every year for every team, winning the SB is just a bonus.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Yes only breaking 100 yards once in the playoffs 1 out of 8 games isnt terrible at all. This has nothing to do with recently, he was never amazing in the playoffs simple and plain.
                        all but two of those games he was healthy and in his prime, not to mention the one game where he had an OL that was even remotely comparable to Denver's when TD was there, was in 2006 where he had a big game in the playoffs.

i am not saying he was amazing on the playoffs, i am saying he wasn't terrible due to the fact that he didn't have a lot of opportunities when he was healthy and in his prime and not to mention a bad ass OL, like TD did.
                        sigpic

Comment

all but two of those games he was healthy and in his prime, not to mention the one game where he had an OL that was even remotely comparable to Denver's when TD was there, was in 2006 where he had a big game in the playoffs.

i am not saying he was amazing on the playoffs, i am saying he wasn't terrible due to the fact that he didn't have a lot of opportunities when he was healthy and in his prime and not to mention a bad ass OL, like TD did.
                          So how many variables does a rb actually need to be good in the playoffs because you sure have a bunch of reasons why lt couldnt do it
                          sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Show me where in my post I said that winning rings is THE ONLY THING that matters. Hmm... I didn't, but if you want to start talking about top ten QB'S of all time, Marino is lucky to be on most peoples list these days because he doesn't have a ring.
                            you said it was a huge part of it and i am telling you it is not, not when you are talking about positional players other than QB's.

QB's are the only positional player that is judged a lot by winning because they are the leaders of their team and they touch the ball every snap.

do not compare RB's and QB's when it comes to being judged by winning, it is not the same.

you want more proof? look at most peoples top 10 QB list vs most peoples top 10 RB list. i know not everyone's list will be the same but it isn't a coincidence that a lot of those top 10 RB's don't have rings and i guarantee you every single QB on that list (except marino like you mentioned) has at least one ring.

jim brown and barry sanders are very widely regarded as two of the top three best to every play and have no rings. they also did not play very good in the playoffs....explain that one....you cant.

put down the homer glasses and slowly walk away.
                            sigpic

Comment

So how many variables does a rb actually need to be good in the playoffs because you sure have a bunch of reasons why lt couldnt do it
                              well considering that the first 6 years of his career he was healthy and in his prime, i would say that is the only variable i need.

dude only appeared in two playoff games in his first 6 years in the league, that says it all right there.

and in those two games he performed well in one of them. do you understand how much punishment a premiere back like LT takes over the span of 6 years? especially considering that LT was all they had in the passing game and running game until gates got there.....
                              sigpic

Comment

well considering that the first 6 years of his career he was healthy and in his prime, i would say that is the only variable i need.

dude only appeared in two playoff games in his first 6 years in the league, that says it all right there.

and in those two games he performed well in one of them. do you understand how much punishment a premiere back like LT takes over the span of 6 years? especially considering that LT was all they had in the passing game and running game until gates got there.....
                                So he played well in 50% of his playoff games? Numbers dont lie its that simple. You can say this or you can say that, but the numbers are what they are. His overall performance in the playoffs were bad.

Sure he played good in one of his games, but do you think if he played good in 50% of his regular season games he would even be in this convo?
                                sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Working...
                                X