Best AFCW Running Backs to ever play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    lol we are talking about two games in the playoffs, not 140+ games in the regular season.

again, i am not saying he was amazing or he was as good as TD in the playoffs. i am simply saying that i don't think it is fair to label him as "terrible" in the playoffs due to the facts i already mentioned.

it just sucks that it took the rest of the team so long to catch up to him, when he finally got all those chances he already had a lot of miles of wear and tear.
    Let's pretend the Bears didn't win the SB in 1986. Would Walter Payton have been regarded the same as LT is now? I don't think so.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      Let's pretend the Bears didn't win the SB in 1986. Would Walter Payton have been regarded the same as LT is now? I don't think so.
      Yes he would, especially since Tomlinson doesn't have a title. What people sometimes forget to mention is that Payton was still going strong in his 10th, 11th, 12th season. Problem for him the first 9 years of his career was that the Bears weren't there consistently, and they were bad for a lot of those years. Compared to Tomlinson who's teams were great starting his 4th year. Ditka himself even said the Bears didn't know they arrived as a legit contender until a game during Payton's 10th season. After that game, the Bears felt they proved they were legit contenders, and they took off as a perrenial contender, winning 6 out of the next 7 division titles, making the playoffs 7 of the next 8 years. Unfortunately Payton only enjoyed 3 of those years as the premier back as his career dwindled down. He may have won more titles if the alignment/timing was more in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Yes he would, especially since Tomlinson doesn't have a title. What people sometimes forget to mention is that Payton was still going strong in his 10th, 11th, 12th season. Problem for him the first 9 years of his career was that the Bears weren't there consistently, and they were bad for a lot of those years. Compared to Tomlinson who's teams were great starting his 4th year. Ditka himself even said the Bears didn't know they arrived as a legit contender until a game during Payton's 10th season. After that game, the Bears felt they proved they were legit contenders, and they took off as a perrenial contender, winning 6 out of the next 7 division titles, making the playoffs 7 of the next 8 years. Payton only enjoyed 3 of those years as the premier back as his career dwindled down.

If the Bears choked in the playoffs the year they won it all, do we blame Payton and take away his status? The ring is nice, but Sweetness was way too awesome to have one ring make his career.
        You can say that again. Sweetness was amazing. The Broncos have ALWAYS been my favorite team, but when I was a kid Walter Payton was my favorite player inspite of the fact the Broncos were my favorite team.

That guy was amazing; not only was he the best RB in the NFL, but he was also their 3rd string RB! Do you remember him taking snaps out of the shotgun in a game when the two first string QB's were injured?
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
          Bo Jackson
          Ding Ding Ding !

"January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Bo Jackson was unbelievable. Bizarre combo of size and speed especially back in those days. But the stats did not help him. Only 4 years in the league, never rushed for 1000 yards, also never had a huge amount of carries, 16 rushing TDs. He never played a full season and was not 100% committed to pro football. He could have dedicated himself more, improved his football shape, and things would have been really scary. Can you imagine if the Raiders had also drafted Herschel Walker?
            The main reason he didn't have a lot of carries in Oakland are because they had a 3 headed monster in Marcus Allen, who had a HOF career, and Napoleon McCallum. I sometimes wonder if trying to figure out who to give the ball to hurt their running game.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              The main reason he didn't have a lot of carries in Oakland are because they had a 3 headed monster in Marcus Allen, who had a HOF career, and Napoleon McCallum. I sometimes wonder if trying to figure out who to give the ball to hurt their running game.
              The only thing I can remember about Napoleon McCallum was that horrible knee injury he suffered on MNF where his knee got bent 90 degrees the opposite way.

Marcus Allen was just a great talent. He just seemed to glide through the line of srimmage, and he had that long stride when he would break a long run.

As far as guys who had their career cut short by injury, I'm going to throw out Curt Warner of the Seahawks. A big bruising back who suffered a knee ijury in his 4th year, and never quite recovered from it.
              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
              Adopted By:
              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
              Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                The main reason he didn't have a lot of carries in Oakland are because they had a 3 headed monster in Marcus Allen, who had a HOF career, and Napoleon McCallum.
                Keep in mind also that he played MLB so he wasn't playing full seasons in the NFL.

Comment

LOL are you kidding me? walter retired as the #1 rusher in history. are you seriously going to try to use that analogy when i already gave you two examples of some other all time greats that have no rings and were not great in the playoffs, like LT?

we don't need to pretend that walter never got any rings because jim brown and barry sanders never did (and they were not great in the playoffs) and some consider those guys better than walter or at least join him as the top 3 of all time.

sorry but that analogy = fail
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                    The only thing I can remember about Napoleon McCallum was that horrible knee injury he suffered on MNF where his knee got bent 90 degrees the opposite way.

Marcus Allen was just a great talent. He just seemed to glide through the line of srimmage, and he had that long stride when he would break a long run.

As far as guys who had their career cut short by injury, I'm going to throw out Curt Warner of the Seahawks. A big bruising back who suffered a knee ijury in his 4th year, and never quite recovered from it.
                    Ah yes, Curt Warner was very good.

Props for that trip down memory lane.
                    sigpic

Comment

How do you make a list like this and not include Barry Sanders or Erik ****erson that list fails.
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                        How do you make a list like this and not include Barry Sanders or Erik ****erson that list fails.
                        Well damn just noticed the title refered to AFC west and since I can't edit my messages......................
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                          How do you make a list like this and not put "Bo Jackson [/thread]", it fails.
                          Well damn just noticed the title refered to AFC west and since I can't edit my messages......................
                          Not to worry, gotcha covered. :thumb:

Comment

Settle Down Mr. B.

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            LOL are you kidding me? walter retired as the #1 rusher in history. are you seriously going to try to use that analogy when i already gave you two examples of some other all time greats that have no rings and were not great in the playoffs, like LT?

we don't need to pretend that walter never got any rings because jim brown and barry sanders never did (and they were not great in the playoffs) and some consider those guys better than walter or at least join him as the top 3 of all time.

sorry but that analogy = fail
                            :hammer: to you Baphamet! Even if LT did really well in the playoff's he still isn't worthy enough to shine Walter's, Barry's or Jim's shoes. LOL. Please...
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

:hammer: to you Baphamet! Even if LT did really well in the playoff's he still isn't worthy enough to shine Walter's, Barry's or Jim's shoes. LOL. Please...
                              Beg to differ.

First 9 seasons of some the best ALL time compared to LT's

Smith - 12,566 yds rushing 125 tds 2609 rec yds 9 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 15,175 - TOTAL TD's: 134

Payton - 11,625 yds rushing 82 tds 3088 rec yds 9 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 14,713 - TOTAL TD's: 91

Barry - 13,778 yds rushing 95 tds 2632 rec yds 10 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 16,410 - TOTAL TD's: 105

ED - 12,580 yds rushing 90 tds 1817 rec yds 4 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 14,397 - TOTAL TD's: 94

Brown - 12,312 yds rushing 106 tds 2499 rec yds 20 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 14,811 - TOTAL TD's: 126

OJ - 10,183 yds rushing 57 tds 1924 rec yds 12 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 12,107 - TOTAL TD's: 69

LT - 12,490 yds rushing 138 tds 3955 rec yds 15 tds = YDS from scrimmage: 16,445 - TOTAL TD's: 153

LT belongs with any great player in NFL history.

Comment

LOL.

If this was just best RB's ever I would of had Barry #1. I loved watching him play and in my opinion he was the best to ever play the game despite not getting the record. Everyone knows if he wanted the record he could of crushed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X