SD & Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    So you were wrong about Tomlinson's durability and you were wrong about Cro being a megastar. What else d'ya think you're wrong about?
    but he was right about the donks missing the playoffs after going 6-0!
    sigpic

Comment

Marshall is clearly better after he gets his hands on the ball and Rivers throws a very catchable ball. Put VJax with a guy like Cutler, whose arm will puncture the armor of an M1-A, and VJ is likely to be not as sure handed -- even Orton's ball comes in with a lot more velocity than does that of Rivers. So no, VJ wouldn't necessarily have better numbers.

They both bring different things to the table, it's clear that the overall perception is that Marshall is the more dangerous of the two...not the better receiver, but the more dangerous.

Personally, I want to see how Murphy and Schilens develop, I'm pretty stoked about the young talent that the Raiders have at the WR position. This is JaWalrus's last chance, either he excels quickly or his short leash receives a hard and final yank in favor of Gradkowski. Either way, I see the Raiders trio of WR's having a much, much better season this year.
      It's not hard to have velocity on 4 yd passes. We see what happens when Cutler or Orton have to throw deep, disasters. Meanwhile masterful when Rivers goes deep.

I dunno about BM being more dangerous. In terms of YAC yes. But VJ is more dangerous in terms of big plays and explosive plays considering someone of his size with his avg and TD%, not to mention his extremely high 1st down%.

VJ is a much much better deep threat and I think that's more dangerous than YAC ability.

It's like comparing Randy Moss to Boldin. Boldin is a beast at YAC, Randy Moss is a beast at deep threat go routes. Randy is more dangerous.

Comment

So you were wrong about Tomlinson's durability and you were wrong about Cro being a megastar. What else d'ya think you're wrong about?
        Not sure if I'm wrong about Cro. #1 defense just traded for him a potential 2nd round pick. Average players don't get that type of attention from the #1 defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          not this year, unless they sign a veteran? if they draft a QB they will still suck this year unless they get extremely lucky but that is a chance i am not willing to take if i am the raiders.

i would bring in a veteran if anything, whether they draft a QB or not.....if they want to compete this year that is.
          It all depends upon the QB.
          Look at the Jets last year.

Around half the good QB's come into the league with some sucess. Dan Marino is the poster child.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
            It's not hard to have velocity on 4 yd passes. We see what happens when Cutler or Orton have to throw deep, disasters. Meanwhile masterful when Rivers goes deep.
            I was also referring to Marshall's ability to catch the soft throws that come from Rivers.
            It's like comparing Randy Moss to Boldin. Boldin is a beast at YAC, Randy Moss is a beast at deep threat go routes. Randy is more dangerous.
            No, it's not. Take Moss in his prime against Boldin and there's no comparison.

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
            Not sure if I'm wrong about Cro. #1 defense just traded for him a potential 2nd round pick. Average players don't get that type of attention from the #1 defense.
            The pick is currently a #3, the Chargers traded a former first round pick, who was said to be the only CB who may be able to cover TO one on one, for a third round pick. In the financial sector, they call that an under performing commodity.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              but he was right about the donks missing the playoffs after going 6-0!
              lol you throw enough crap and some of it will stick..he also said we wouldn't win another game after starting 3-0 we would lose to the cowboys Chargers twice blah blah blah on and on. Blind squirls and all that.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Working...
              X