Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT Meeting with Vikings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4980436
    Looks as if the Vikings are trying to get worse in the playoffs? Not better.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

I think that he'd be a fantastic addition to the Vikes offense. Think about it, with AD, you've got a quick, shifty RB with incredible speed and the power to run through tackles. Tomlinson is the exact opposite, opposing D's won't know what hit them! Or, more accurately, what slowly nudged into them and fell down.

Comment

LT as a back-up to AP?? That just doesn't seem right.

The world must be coming to an end. LOL

Comment

Who's this LT fella of which you speak?

Comment

Only if Brett Favre stays, otherwise Contending status will need more work.
          sigpic

Comment

Vikings need an experienced RB behind AP who is young. LT could help teach AP how to hold the ball.

I'd imagine they would use AP about 75% of the time and LT about 25% of the time... LT is still a valuable RB in the goal line offense while AP is not.
            Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
              Vikings need an experienced RB behind AP who is young. LT could help teach AP how to hold the ball.

I'd imagine they would use AP about 75% of the time and LT about 25% of the time... LT is still a valuable RB in the goal line offense while AP is not.
              lol AP is not? Really ? Ever seen his power game..watch a few games of football before you say such a retarded thing.He had 18 tds this season 40 tds rushing in 3 years.There is nothing that AP can't do rushing the football. I don't recall watching AP sit on the bench whinning on 3rd and goal on the 1 three times in 6 weeks while they handed the ball the Chester Taylor who had 1 rushing td this year. I am pretty sure that was LT and Sproles.

He is weak in pass protection and was weak catching out of the back feild so he is a liabilty in 3rd and long situations unless they call a screen to him or he runs a route and has no blocking resposibiltys on the blitz..Thats what LT will be used for just like Chester Taylor.Blitz pick up and suprise we called a draw on third and 17.

Having said all that I hope that He gets Farve back and they win a ring. and both limp into the suset together.
              Last edited by Beagle; 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                I think that he'd be a fantastic addition to the Vikes offense. Think about it, with AD, you've got a quick, shifty RB with incredible speed and the power to run through tackles. Tomlinson is the exact opposite, opposing D's won't know what hit them! Or, more accurately, what slowly nudged into them and fell down.
                I thought this was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                  Raider fans can be witty.
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    lol AP is not? Really ? Ever seen his power game..watch a few games of football before you say such a retarded thing.He had 18 tds this season 40 tds rushing in 3 years.There is nothing that AP can't do rushing the football. I don't recall watching AP sit on the bench whinning on 3rd and goal on the 1 three times in 6 weeks while they handed the ball the Chester Taylor who had 1 rushing td this year. I am pretty sure that was LT and Sproles.

He is weak in pass protection and was weak catching out of the back feild so he is a liabilty in 3rd and long situations unless they call a screen to him or he runs a route and has no blocking resposibiltys on the blitz..Thats what LT will be used for just like Chester Taylor.Blitz pick up and suprise we called a draw on third and 17.

Having said all that I hope that He gets Farve back and they win a ring. and both limp into the suset together.
                    Someone has some serious issues...

We all know AP is the best power runner as of now. Why do you think I said LT will probably only be used 25% of the time? They don't have Chester Taylor anymore, they need someone to come in and be their "Sproles", give AP rest because I don't care how good you are, if you're taking the load your body will suffer, Larry Johnson hasn't been the same after taking a record amoount of carries.

LT is more valuable as a receiver and change of pace back now. He will be used similar to Sproles, this will allow him to prolong his carrier.

Comment

After LTs retort to Jim Browns statement of AP being the best RB in the NFL, things could get a bit awkward in that Locker Room.
                      sigpic

Thanks Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by Lyghts Out View Post
                        After LTs retort to Jim Browns statement of AP being the best RB in the NFL, things could get a bit awkward in that Locker Room.
                        Ya hard to think you are still the better RB, when you only get carries to give the better back a rest.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Isn't life funny?

A few years ago, if I heard Adrian Peterson and LaDainian Tomlinson were on the same team... I would probably have a heart attack.

+

Comment

lol why LT didn't exactly prove Jim wrong.
                            Originally posted by baphamet
                            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

At least LT doesn't fumble that much, dang, that was painful.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X