Jamal Williams joins Denver's defensive line makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
    You are clueless if you think Merriman is merriman due to anything other than genetics.

Steroids take Merriman, not the other way around.
    Riiiiight, and Tomlinson will be a top RB for another 2 to 3 years, guaranteed, right? People don't have magic cells, they all work the same way. There are things that you can do to lessen the time it takes to heal, but ultimately there's no getting away from the natural order of things. And, there are guys like Lance Armstrong, who have certain lung and lactic acid advantages, but even he's subject to the same laws of nature when it comes to a body's ability to heal itself. Weren't you saying the same thing about Tomlinson?

Comment

• Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
      Riiiiight, and Tomlinson will be a top RB for another 2 to 3 years, guaranteed, right? People don't have magic cells, they all work the same way. There are things that you can do to lessen the time it takes to heal, but ultimately there's no getting away from the natural order of things. And, there are guys like Lance Armstrong, who have certain lung and lactic acid advantages, but even he's subject to the same laws of nature when it comes to a body's ability to heal itself. Weren't you saying the same thing about Tomlinson?
      Um no actually I wasn't. Everyone is not created genetically equal. Sorry to burst ya bubble.

Comment

Um no actually I wasn't. Everyone is not created genetically equal. Sorry to burst ya bubble.
        There are differences but, once you get into the realm of professional athletes, the lines get a lot closer together. If Merriman was the exception, I would've expected him to perform at a higher level last year. Instead, he had a down season, as was predicted.

And yes, you did say that Tomlinson was a genetic freak. And, that his training intensity would keep him as a top RB well beyond 30 years of age. Do you deny this?

Comment

There are differences but, once you get into the realm of professional athletes, the lines get a lot closer together. If Merriman was the exception, I would've expected him to perform at a higher level last year. Instead, he had a down season, as was predicted.

And yes, you did say that Tomlinson was a genetic freak. And, that his training intensity would keep him as a top RB well beyond 30 years of age. Do you deny this?
          I do deny that or MISREMEBER! I said he would dominate for a couple more years and maybe he will. But I don't recall calling him a genetic freak.

Merriman is though. That big, that fast, that agile and athletic. it's rare even in the NFL.

He had a down season by his or elite standards. But considering the severity of his injury the fact he played that well, while recovering from that injury and deal with other small injuries in a 3-4 with 4 NT's on IR and the entire D-line in constant rotation says alot.

Comment

I do deny that or MISREMEBER! I said he would dominate for a couple more years and maybe he will. But I don't recall calling him a genetic freak.

Merriman is though. That big, that fast, that agile and athletic. it's rare even in the NFL.
            Your memory seems, uhmmm, shall we say selective at best? And Merriman used to be big, fast, agile and athletic. So's Robert Gallery, big deal -- there a lot of big, fast, agile and athletic players on every team and guess what? They pretty much all heal at the same rate. TO getting ready for the SB a few years back was miraculous. Freeney being ready for this last SB was pretty amazing. Merriman's on schedule, as expected. Do you also not remember saying that he'd have more sacks than Doom this last season? How'd that work out for you?

Comment

Your memory seems, uhmmm, shall we say selective at best? And Merriman used to be big, fast, agile and athletic. So's Robert Gallery, big deal -- there a lot of big, fast, agile and athletic players on every team and guess what? They pretty much all heal at the same rate. TO getting ready for the SB a few years back was miraculous. Freeney being ready for this last SB was pretty amazing. Merriman's on schedule, as expected. Do you also not remember saying that he'd have more sacks than Doom this last season? How'd that work out for you?
              There is maybe a handful of players if that as big, fast, agile and athletic as Merriman in the NFL right now. The fact that Merriman played so many snaps from such a injury says he is ahead of schedule.

Comment

Notice how he side-stepped the Doom question.
                He knows that's a subject best left quiet. It's a bet that booted him off the boards but he is still here whining.

Comment

There is maybe a handful of players if that as big, fast, agile and athletic as Merriman in the NFL right now. The fact that Merriman played so many snaps from such a injury says he is ahead of schedule.
                  Hahaha so is Merriman gonna be beasting this year Rod?

He is pretty much cripppled in the knees. let's leave this topic alone shall we. Everyone on the boards knows how i owned you on this bet. Everyone knows Merriman is done.

Comment

The Raider roster is stacked with big, fast, athletic guys. For his size you'd be hard pressed to find someone quicker, faster and more athletic than Robert Gallery. And the only place that Merriman is ahead of schedule is in your head. Were he ahead of schedule, he would have been much more dominant last year. As it is, there's nothing to suggest that he'll ever return to form.

Comment

The Raider roster is stacked with big, fast, athletic guys. For his size you'd be hard pressed to find someone quicker, faster and more athletic than Robert Gallery. And the only place that Merriman is ahead of schedule is in your head. Were he ahead of schedule, he would have been much more dominant last year. As it is, there's nothing to suggest that he'll ever return to form.
                      Sorrry if you think OAK has anyone 6'4 270 plus pounds as fast, athletic and agile as Merriman you are 2 brain cells short of having a brain.

The fact he played almost every game, shows how far ahead of schedule Merriman was.

He will be back to form in 2010 as a top 3 defensive player. It's not that my prediction was wrong, just 1 year late. Meanwhile Doom will be back to being Elvis. You know a solid player with little impact. Den fans are about to learn Nolan made Elvis look good and their entire defense.

Comment

Sorrry if you think OAK has anyone 6'4 270 plus pounds as fast, athletic and agile as Merriman you are 2 brain cells short of having a brain.

The fact he played almost every game, shows how far ahead of schedule Merriman was.

He will be back to form in 2010 as a top 3 defensive player. It's not that my prediction was wrong, just 1 year late. Meanwhile Doom will be back to being Elvis. You know a solid player with little impact. Den fans are about to learn Nolan made Elvis look good and their entire defense.
                        Do you actually believe the stuff you post? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by gorky View Post
                          Do you actually believe the stuff you post? Seriously?
                          I think my 6-0 and miss playoffs threads answers that question. I believe everthing I type with every fiber in my body. Because it's fact. Rarely opinion! Sometimes delayed facts at worst.

Comment

• To take it to another level, it's down right insulting and appalling when anyone has the pure audacity to disagree with me. It's the biggest display of sheer stupidity.

Comment

To take it to another level, it's down right insulting and appalling when anyone has the pure audacity to disagree with me. It's the biggest display of sheer stupidity.

If nobody agrees with you, you're generally wrong.
                              Brock you like a hurricane!
                              sigpic
                              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

I absolutely refuse to go down the two rosters, suffice to say that Davis drafts big, strong and fast. The fact that you don't know that speaks volumes about your knowledge of the AFCW.

And when predictions are late, we call them wrong. Tell you what, I predict that a large asteroid will hit the earth at 20:00 PST tonight. Using your logic, there's no way that I can be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X