Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamal Williams joins Denver's defensive line makeover

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    Last time I checked, it was 5 games away. That's a pretty big gap in a 16 game league.

    And Denver hasn't even signed Orton to a long term deal, so there's no guarantee he will be here after next season.
    not from you guys from making the payoffs.

    here's the math we were 8-8 this year and last year if we win one or two games we are either 9-7 or 10-6 and we would have made the playoffs this year or won the division last year.
    that's what i am talking about making the playoffs. that's what i am saying a difference of one or two games is, got it?
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      The Afc W may not be getting better (certainly debatable) but you shouldn't be so focused on the AFCW. Maybe you should be concerned about the AFCE

      Silly, ROD! The fact is the rest of the teams that have been knocking on the SB door in the AFC are improving with the one major exception being your chargers!
      LOL Indy improved?? NE?? PIT?? Sorry by keeping on dead weight is not improving.

      SD has improved. They get healthy, they cut dead weight and make room for young upgrades. That's how SB's are won. Not by keeping declining players, old players due to sentimental value. Definitely not going out and signing those guys in FA, like Den.

      SD is primed for their real window of opportunity. The past 6 years was merely them rebuilding.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
        For a team that has never won a SB your right, they have to find some other way to measure success (i.e. individual awards, divisions, conference...ohh wait you can't even accomplish that). For teams that have won SB's that is how we measure success.

        I personally would love to just make the playoffs, but the goal for every team every year is to WIN THE SB! If you think any differently then your huge football IQ is skewed by the other MMRD charger fans
        If you think INDY is calling their season a failure you are mistaken. Or Jets or Minn or DAL or SD.


        Teams first goal is win division, then make the playoffs, get a first round bye, win in the playoffs, make conference championship, make superbowl, win SB.

        Sure in a novice's black and white world 1 team success 31 teams fail. Not how it works in the real world. if so revenue would be horrible, ticket sales, merchandise, t.v contracts, prime time game slotting.

        SD had a successful season, DEN did not. It's that simple. Den has not for awhile, SD has for awhile.

        The ultimate goal is still to be achieved. But success has been had by us of course, not so much you guys.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
          If you think INDY is calling their season a failure you are mistaken. Or Jets or Minn or DAL or SD.


          Teams first goal is win division, then make the playoffs, get a first round bye, win in the playoffs, make conference championship, make superbowl, win SB.

          Sure in a novice's black and white world 1 team success 31 teams fail. Not how it works in the real world. if so revenue would be horrible, ticket sales, merchandise, t.v contracts, prime time game slotting.

          SD had a successful season, DEN did not. It's that simple. Den has not for awhile, SD has for awhile.

          The ultimate goal is still to be achieved. But success has been had by us of course, not so much you guys.
          I hate to break it to you rod, but we only had two great seasons.
          All the others are full of woulda/coulda/shoulda.
          You will under stand this if your lucky someday.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
            LOL Indy improved?? NE?? PIT?? Sorry by keeping on dead weight is not improving.

            SD has improved. They get healthy, they cut dead weight and make room for young upgrades. That's how SB's are won. Not by keeping declining players, old players due to sentimental value. Definitely not going out and signing those guys in FA, like Den.

            SD is primed for their real window of opportunity. The past 6 years was merely them rebuilding.
            So what is this year? Dead weight? LOL

            We shall see..

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
              LOL Indy improved?? NE?? PIT?? Sorry by keeping on dead weight is not improving.

              SD has improved. They get healthy, they cut dead weight and make room for young upgrades. That's how SB's are won. Not by keeping declining players, old players due to sentimental value. Definitely not going out and signing those guys in FA, like Den.

              SD is primed for their real window of opportunity. The past 6 years was merely them rebuilding.
              LoL name one Player Indy or NE or pitt for that matter has kept around that are dead weight? Manning? Brady? Big Ben? Lets see Indys defense this year was not only better than they have been in forever they are young as are thier Wrs. Pitts is known for building thru the draft and have been doing so since the 70s.Patriots barely have anyone left from thier superbowl apperance a few years ago and other than Brady I don't think any from 2001. You're RODICULAS as usual.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                If you think INDY is calling their season a failure you are mistaken. Or Jets or Minn or DAL or SD.


                Teams first goal is win division, then make the playoffs, get a first round bye, win in the playoffs, make conference championship, make superbowl, win SB.

                Sure in a novice's black and white world 1 team success 31 teams fail. Not how it works in the real world. if so revenue would be horrible, ticket sales, merchandise, t.v contracts, prime time game slotting.

                SD had a successful season, DEN did not. It's that simple. Den has not for awhile, SD has for awhile.

                The ultimate goal is still to be achieved. But success has been had by us of course, not so much you guys.
                are you actually believeing what your writing?

                you comparing how the jet season ended to how the colts season ended?

                after going 14-0 the colts were supposed to go to the super bowl and win. why do you think they gave up in the 2nd half of the jet game? to save thier players for the super bowl run.
                to not win the super bowl in which they were favored and winning early 10-0 is a bust FOR THEM. a team that makes the playoffs every year?

                As much as i give credit for the jets winning the games they had to ,to make the playoffs, they were blessed with two teams that rested thier players to end the season and had a great run THEY CAN BUILD ON for 2010.

                the colts are the colts and anything less then at least a super bowl appearance and win is a bust, as for the jets this playoff run probably came a year earlier then expected but thanks to the chargers and bengals the jets gained their playoff experience win at thier expense.

                after dominating the saints and believing they should have made the super bowl YES the vikings season is a bust too.

                for the cowboys just winning thier first playoff game since '96 against the eagles made thier year.


                of course your first goal is to win the division, but the chargers have been stuck on the first goal for four years now, cmon be real you haven't gotten over the hump, what about making the next goal?

                every team has different expectation, teams that are consistantly making the playoffs and favored to make the super bowl when they don't it's a bust season. teams that don't make the playoffs can build on seasons when they do make the playoffs for experience and the season will not be a bust.

                the chargers make the playoffs every year and fail like clockwork. the classic underachievers and your making this to be a learning experience as if they were newbies at making the playoffs?

                I understand the idea of disrespecting the broncos and trying to embarrass the broncos fans at any expense since you seem to live on the talking smack board but you cannot deny that Chargers have failed four years in a row in the playoffs after having lofty expectations by the media and fans ,like yourself included, to make the super bowl. the first time thay failed you can use that for experience for the next year but after the fourth season the only experience the chargers are getting is of failure. that's not opinion that's fact.
                losing every year in the playoffs is not good, that's bad.

                you don't think that jim kelly wouldn't trade all 4 super bowl losses for one super bowl win? In a heartbeat. After his first loss he would do anything to win and he never did, even though he had chances the bills never took advantage of the oppurtunity given. same goes for chargers all these opportunities and nothing to show for it. The arrogance to think it's a given that you will be there for a long time will bite you in the ass. The division has finally has caught up to the Pats and the steelers and you don't think it eventaully will happen to the chargers? Arrogance arrogance and more arrogance is your team's downfall.


                one super bowl win can erase a lot bad playoff losses especially when you talk as much as trash as you do. everything the chargers have done bad the last 4 years could be quickly erased with one super bowl win. not achieving that goal though they are expected to is a failure, finding a silving lining is good for you as a charger fan but we will pick at that untill the chargers finally win one, untill then understand the saints got a super bowl win before you did. the saints.lol where was all this playoff experience they needed to win a super bowl? i like thier formula better. don't talk trash untill you win one.
                Last edited by bklynbronco; 03-12-2010, 09:08 AM.
                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  LoL name one Player Indy or NE or pitt for that matter has kept around that are dead weight? Manning? Brady? Big Ben? Lets see Indys defense this year was not only better than they have been in forever they are young as are thier Wrs. Pitts is known for building thru the draft and have been doing so since the 70s.Patriots barely have anyone left from thier superbowl apperance a few years ago and other than Brady I don't think any from 2001. You're RODICULAS as usual.
                  Indy kept around Harrison way past his prime. Injury prone Bob Sanders.

                  With Pit most of their o-line. They kept Foote too long and Farrior.

                  NE?? Where to even begin.

                  SD since AJ has been here has built through the draft more than any team, get serious.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                    are you actually believeing what your writing?

                    you comparing how the jet season ended to how the colts season ended?

                    after going 14-0 the colts were supposed to go to the super bowl and win. why do you think they gave up in the 2nd half of the jet game? to save thier players for the super bowl run.
                    to not win the super bowl in which they were favored and winning early 10-0 is a bust FOR THEM. a team that makes the playoffs every year?

                    As much as i give credit for the jets winning the games they had to ,to make the playoffs, they were blessed with two teams that rested thier players to end the season and had a great run THEY CAN BUILD ON for 2010.

                    the colts are the colts and anything less then at least a super bowl appearance and win is a bust, as for the jets this playoff run probably came a year earlier then expected but thanks to the chargers and bengals the jets gained their playoff experience win at thier expense.

                    after dominating the saints and believing they should have made the super bowl YES the vikings season is a bust too.

                    for the cowboys just winning thier first playoff game since '96 against the eagles made thier year.


                    of course your first goal is to win the division, but the chargers have been stuck on the first goal for four years now, cmon be real you haven't gotten over the hump, what about making the next goal?

                    every team has different expectation, teams that are consistantly making the playoffs and favored to make the super bowl when they don't it's a bust season. teams that don't make the playoffs can build on seasons when they do make the playoffs for experience and the season will not be a bust.

                    the chargers make the playoffs every year and fail like clockwork. the classic underachievers and your making this to be a learning experience as if they were newbies at making the playoffs?

                    I understand the idea of disrespecting the broncos and trying to embarrass the broncos fans at any expense since you seem to live on the talking smack board but you cannot deny that Chargers have failed four years in a row in the playoffs after having lofty expectations by the media and fans ,like yourself included, to make the super bowl. the first time thay failed you can use that for experience for the next year but after the fourth season the only experience the chargers are getting is of failure. that's not opinion that's fact.
                    losing every year in the playoffs is not good, that's bad.

                    you don't think that jim kelly wouldn't trade all 4 super bowl losses for one super bowl win? In a heartbeat. After his first loss he would do anything to win and he never did, even though he had chances the bills never took advantage of the oppurtunity given. same goes for chargers all these opportunities and nothing to show for it. The arrogance to think it's a given that you will be there for a long time will bite you in the ass. The division has finally has caught up to the Pats and the steelers and you don't think it eventaully will happen to the chargers? Arrogance arrogance and more arrogance is your team's downfall.


                    one super bowl win can erase a lot bad playoff losses especially when you talk as much as trash as you do. everything the chargers have done bad the last 4 years could be quickly erased with one super bowl win. not achieving that goal though they are expected to is a failure, finding a silving lining is good for you as a charger fan but we will pick at that untill the chargers finally win one, untill then understand the saints got a super bowl win before you did. the saints.lol where was all this playoff experience they needed to win a super bowl? i like thier formula better. don't talk trash untill you win one.
                    We'll agree to disagree. I think there is a certain level of accomplishments with teams that make the playoffs or win their division. Opposed to teams who don't. Are they happy their season ended with out a SB once reaching the playoffs? Of course not. But their is more of a foundation set in their accomplishments than say a DEN.

                    The good thing for SD is they draft strong, are young, as set at alot of key positions, good at cap management and have a tradition of winning and a mentality with big game experience. Their run has no end in sight right now.

                    Outside of RB they have virtually young players ready to step up in every position to make an impact and if those players fail then it will be new opportunities. You say every team has that. Not really, alot of teams like Den not limited to. Go out a sign old, washed up, past their prime, on their last leg, rethread players to fill those roles who have been let go because they couldn't do so on their team.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                      Indy kept around Harrison way past his prime. Injury prone Bob Sanders.

                      With Pit most of their o-line. They kept Foote too long and Farrior.

                      NE?? Where to even begin.

                      SD since AJ has been here has built through the draft more than any team, get serious.
                      Harrison played one season after and Injury and was let go and has been replaced already try again?

                      Bob Sanders is a bit of an injury bug but so is Merriman and at least Bob produces when on the feild.

                      The Steelers starting Oline has one player over 27 and thats the Center who they have a 24 year old guy they drafted 2 years ago to replace him so no again numb nuts. Foote was let go last year and Farrior was extreemly productive even at 35..kinda like Seau was for NE Harrison too.. why is it every great player SD has that wins a superbowl does it on another team? Started way back when with Fred Dean. Then Gary Plummer...Then Harrison..Seau had his shot.. LT is brilliant.

                      You can't begin on NE because they are notorious for cutting even thier popular players when thier production slips.

                      Just a drive by trolling ...yawns


                      You need a new act. ignorance and bravado aint getting it done any more.
                      Last edited by Beagle; 03-13-2010, 06:15 PM.
                      Originally posted by baphamet
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        Harrison played one season after and Injury and was let go and has been replaced already try again?

                        Bob Sanders is a bit of an injury bug but so is Merriman and at least Bob produces when on the feild.

                        The Steelers starting Oline has one player over 27 and thats the Center who they have a 24 year old guy they drafted 2 years ago to replace him so no again numb nuts. Foote was let go last year and Farrior was extreemly productive even at 35..kinda like Seau was for NE Harrison too.. why is it every great player SD has that wins a superbowl does it on another team? Started way back when with Fred Dean. Then Gary Plummer...Then Harrison..Seau had his shot.. LT is brilliant.

                        You can't begin on NE because they are notorious for cutting even thier popular players when thier production slips.

                        Just a drive by trolling ...yawns


                        You need a new act. ignorance and bravado aint getting it done any more.
                        Merriman is hardly injury prone like Bob Sanders. Try again and is far more productive than Bob Sander.

                        SD cut LT after his down year, no??

                        They cut Seau and Harrison at the end of their careers.

                        They got rid of Donnie Edwards, they got rid of Goff. They got rid of Jamal.

                        I don't get your point exactly. SD is infamous for cutting players past their prime or at the end of their career.

                        Were you just babbling again or were you making a point.

                        PIT kept Hartings too long, kept Faneca when his play digressed. Farrior and Foote's progression heavily digressed. Ask Pit fans they were disgusted with Farrior's play last year and endless missed tackles.

                        NE brings on aging players like Galloway, like Fred Taylor. Keep players too long like Chad Brown, Teddy Bruschi. My god man I can literally go for ever. Including them bring Seau back. 2 TIMES!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                          Merriman is hardly injury prone like Bob Sanders. Try again and is far more productive than Bob Sander.

                          SD cut LT after his down year, no??

                          They cut Seau and Harrison at the end of their careers.

                          They got rid of Donnie Edwards, they got rid of Goff. They got rid of Jamal.

                          I don't get your point exactly. SD is infamous for cutting players past their prime or at the end of their career.

                          Were you just babbling again or were you making a point.

                          PIT kept Hartings too long, kept Faneca when his play digressed. Farrior and Foote's progression heavily digressed. Ask Pit fans they were disgusted with Farrior's play last year and endless missed tackles.

                          NE brings on aging players like Galloway, like Fred Taylor. Keep players too long like Chad Brown, Teddy Bruschi. My god man I can literally go for ever. Including them bring Seau back. 2 TIMES!
                          LoL Harrison was at the end of his Carrer? 3 superbowls and 6 seasons later.

                          Seau 7 seasons later..
                          Bruschi retired after being named all-pro by his peers because of concussions
                          They wanted him back but he walked.


                          Edwards was let go by the Chiefs..you guys signed him and then he went back to the Chiefs.. no points


                          You mean the Alan Faneca? the highest paid player at his position in the nfl who has started every game and alomst every snap for the last 2 years for the jets? The one who opened the hole Greene ran thru to beat you guys in the playoffs?The one voted all-pro by his peers ..not probowl all pro last season?yeah they let him go just in time..they haven't been able to run the ball since and thier pass protections been shakey too. Nice Call..

                          Farrior missed tackles just like Dawkins..in your mind. You probably didn't even watch a game the steelers played.

                          His numers were better than Merrimans too http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...F&playerid=234

                          Once againn Foote isn't even on the team anymore and wasn't last year either


                          You're Ignorant . Better take a look at your last 3 drafts about 7 guys left on the team only 1 really contributes the rest are back ups at positions of weakness or starters in posiions of weakness.

                          AJ ran out of Butlers crib notes it seems.

                          Sanders Defensive player of the year 2008 ... Merrimans is what year again?Yeah...
                          Last edited by Beagle; 03-13-2010, 09:02 PM.
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            LoL Harrison was at the end of his Carrer? 3 superbowls and 6 seasons later.

                            Seau 7 seasons later..
                            Bruschi retired after being named all-pro by his peers because of concussions
                            They wanted him back but he walked.


                            Edwards was let go by the Chiefs..you guys signed him and then he went back to the Chiefs.. no points


                            You mean the Alan Faneca? the highest paid player at his position in the nfl who has started every game and alomst every snap for the last 2 years for the jets? The one who opened the hole Greene ran thru to beat you guys in the playoffs?The one voted all-pro by his peers ..not probowl all pro last season?yeah they let him go just in time..they haven't been able to run the ball since and thier pass protections been shakey too. Nice Call..

                            Farrior missed tackles just like Dawkins..in your mind. You probably didn't even watch a game the steelers played.

                            His numers were better than Merrimans too http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...F&playerid=234

                            Once againn Foote isn't even on the team anymore and wasn't last year either


                            You're Ignorant . Better take a look at your last 3 drafts about 7 guys left on the team only 1 really contributes the rest are back ups at positions of weakness or starters in posiions of weakness.

                            AJ ran out of Butlers crib notes it seems.

                            Sanders Defensive player of the year 2008 ... Merrimans is what year again?Yeah...
                            You are such a tool. Harrison had 2 good years after SD let him go, that was the very next year and the year after.

                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...s?playerId=597

                            Seau had 2 good years after SD let him go.

                            Faneca is hardly the reason NYJ has success. He got his contract on name alone.

                            He had horrible season in 07, 08 and 09. Moore is their only quality guard. Get real!

                            Farrior had 9 missed tackles. Burnett, Dobbins and Siler combined had 9 missed tackles.

                            Dawkins had 12 missed tackles, that's embarrassing for a safety.

                            Weddle and Oliver combined had 12 missed tackles.

                            Farrior plays a different position than Merriman dimwit. Not to mention he wasn't coming off a season ending injury and played more snaps.

                            Big deal, doesn't change that Sanders is very very injury prone.

                            Siler is a big contributor and played lights out once he got the starting role.

                            Weddle is a big contributor, Cason is and now a starter, Vasquez is, Hester is a big contributor, Naane has played well to and will have a even bigger role this year.

                            07: Drafted WR, WR, LB, TE, DB. None of those are weaknesses.

                            08: Drafted DB, DB, FB, RB, OT. RB and OT are weaknesses. The RT spot. Those picks were a 5th and 7th.

                            Last year rookies. That's past 3 years draft.

                            And yet all this poop coming out of your mouth SD is still dominating the AFC, still winning 13 games a season, still getting first round byes, still winning playoff games, making it to the AFCC game and avging around 11 wins a season the past 3 years. Yet they still had #4 offense, #2 the year before and #5 the year before. With the #11, #15 and #5 defense with best special teams unit in the NFL.

                            GO FIGURE!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
                              The answer you are looking for is...yes of course...they are chargers fans after all
                              as if the broncos fans here don't do the same exact thing?
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                                They let him go becuase of a roster bonus. Like the Jets did with Thomas Jones, yep, we will see how this move pays out.
                                that and he has been injured the past two years? the chargers would have paid him if they thought he was the jwall of old.

                                maybe they were wrong and he does have something left in the tank but you don't let a guy like jwall go if you think he has something left, he made that defense go....he just cant stay healthy anymore.

                                don't compare him to jones either, a healthy NT as dominate as jwall (in a 3-4 defense) is worth way more than a role player back.

                                the chargers could have paid him, they are not in cap hell and they need a NT. they will end up drafting a NT high, why wouldn't they just keep the one they got that they already know is great when healthy?
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X