Jamal Williams joins Denver's defensive line makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
    I will just post my opinions and call them facts.If that doesn't work I will call you names and repeat myself over and over until I believe my own bull crap.

GO FIGURE!!!
    Fixed it for ya. My sigs for you
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-14-2010, 09:02 AM.
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• ChargersDivison is OK with us having Jamal. He thinks he's washed up.
      Thats fine. His opinion is just that.

On the other hand, Shawn Merriman is upset the Broncos got him.

I do like the implications...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uptown View Post
        Matt Williamson's opinion is gardbage - no rationale to it only ignorance about the longevity of a DT's career. Ted washington was 39, Grady jackson 37 and many other big NT's are older. But its not the age its their size that ties up the middle in a 3-4.

The chargers got thumped today. They let go a prototypical NT for trivial financial matters not because of some near career ending injury Jamal has.
        Thumped ?

The financial matters were not wanting to pay a broken down former Pro Bowl NT 6 million for 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by gorky View Post
          ChargersDivison is OK with us having Jamal. He thinks he's washed up.

It is hard to say. If he stays healthy I think you can get one good season out of Jamal playing 30 snaps a game on 1st or 2nd down, which is better than what you have on the D-line the last couple of seasons.

I think most Chargers fans would have liked to see Jamal come back and contribute next season, yet understand AJ wasnt going to pay 6 mil for a very injury prone NT whose best days are behind him. Sometimes management has to make those calls. The Chargers did get to 13-3 without him, it is now time to draft a new NT prospect.

The Broncos have repeatedly shown a willingness to pay good dollars for veteran free agents. Some of the time it has worked, most of the time it hasn't

Comment

I hate to break it to you rod, but we only had two great seasons.
            All the others are full of woulda/coulda/shoulda.
            You will under stand this if your lucky someday.
            Wow great logic..than the other 40 some odd years have been a complete waste of time then according to you. You might as well not bother watching Bronco football. There was nothing to cheer for any of those non Super Bowl years i guess.

Comment

ChargersDivison is OK with us having Jamal. He thinks he's washed up.

Jamal is a locker room guy. Team mates always get alittle jilted when those guys are cut. Especially someone who was so influential on the defense and a leader.

Merriman is talking with his heart. Rod is talking with his head.

I'm glad AJ is doing what he is. We went 13-3 without must contribution from 2 of the top Chargers ever and potentially 2 HOF'ers, 1 for sure HOF. So now instead of keeping them for sentimental value. Get new young guys to fill in their roles and develop, knowing we still did great last year without much contribution from those 2 greats that were cut and now with 2 potential young studs taking over their role, etching their own legacy, starting their new era.

That's what smart GM's do. They don't keep guys for sentimental value and fan favorites and locker room favorites who can be detrimental to team success and production. AJ is heartless and I love it. Having a big heart in management in the NFL, gets you a big hug.

In AJ's opinion I trust, not Merriman's. In Merriman's play I trust.

Comment

Jamal is a locker room guy. Team mates always get alittle jilted when those guys are cut. Especially someone who was so influential on the defense and a leader.

Merriman is talking with his heart. Rod is talking with his head.

I'm glad AJ is doing what he is. We went 13-3 without must contribution from 2 of the top Chargers ever and potentially 2 HOF'ers, 1 for sure HOF. So now instead of keeping them for sentimental value. Get new young guys to fill in their roles and develop, knowing we still did great last year without much contribution from those 2 greats that were cut and now with 2 potential young studs taking over their role, etching their own legacy, starting their new era.

That's what smart GM's do. They don't keep guys for sentimental value and fan favorites and locker room favorites who can be detrimental to team success and production. AJ is heartless and I love it. Having a big heart in management in the NFL, gets you a big hug.

In AJ's opinion I trust, not Merriman's. In Merriman's play I trust.
                Merrimans injuries are more serious! You know that right?

Williams is a huge part of why Merriman rose to fame. His ability to draw double teams, allowed Merriman to make plays. If you cannot acknowlege that, you aren't even truthful about your own team.
                The glory players, get thier glory because the grunt players do the dirty work.
                Jamal is a great trench guy.

Dont' worry, Jamal probably can't catch Rivers. But he will be pushing some of your Olineman back... Elvis, this is your cue.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
                  Wow great logic..than the other 40 some odd years have been a complete waste of time then according to you. You might as well not bother watching Bronco football. There was nothing to cheer for any of those non Super Bowl years i guess.
                  You do know that there is only one champion a year right?
                  Every one who is not the champion ends the year on an unhappy note...

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
                    It is hard to say. If he stays healthy I think you can get one good season out of Jamal playing 30 snaps a game on 1st or 2nd down, which is better than what you have on the D-line the last couple of seasons.

I think most Chargers fans would have liked to see Jamal come back and contribute next season, yet understand AJ wasnt going to pay 6 mil for a very injury prone NT whose best days are behind him. Sometimes management has to make those calls. The Chargers did get to 13-3 without him, it is now time to draft a new NT prospect.

The Broncos have repeatedly shown a willingness to pay good dollars for veteran free agents. Some of the time it has worked, most of the time it hasn't
                    He did pass our physical. So that means he will have an impact. It's just how much.
                    I'm just guessing here, but I think he has 2 decent seasons left.

Comment

Merrimans injuries are more serious! You know that right?

Williams is a huge part of why Merriman rose to fame. His ability to draw double teams, allowed Merriman to make plays. If you cannot acknowlege that, you aren't even truthful about your own team.
                      The glory players, get thier glory because the grunt players do the dirty work.
                      Jamal is a great trench guy.

Dont' worry, Jamal probably can't catch Rivers. But he will be pushing some of your Olineman back... Elvis, this is your cue.
                      Yes Jamal is a big part of why SD's front 7 had success in the past including Merriman. Which is a role his replacement can play as well. We'll see how that works out.

Merriman's injury is more serious than what? He played quite alot on it last year and now he will be another year removed from it and further along.

Comment

Yes Jamal is a big part of why SD's front 7 had success in the past including Merriman. Which is a role his replacement can play as well. We'll see how that works out.

Merriman's injury is more serious than what? He played quite alot on it last year and now he will be another year removed from it and further along.
                        Jamal should allow our LB's to get even better. Elvis is going to love it.

Merrimans injuries are more serious than Jamals. Shawn, to be effective needs strength and speed as a LB. And his tendons, will never be as strong as they were. That is just simple body mechanics. You rip a tendon off, or come very close to doing as such, it will never be as strong when reattached.

Bones may come back stronger at the point of a break. Tendons do not.

Comment

Jamal should allow our LB's to get even better. Elvis is going to love it.

Merrimans injuries are more serious than Jamals. Shawn, to be effective needs strength and speed as a LB. And his tendons, will never be as strong as they were. That is just simple body mechanics. You rip a tendon off, or come very close to doing as such, it will never be as strong when reattached.

Bones may come back stronger at the point of a break. Tendons do not.
                          The problem is Jamal wont be as effective at it as he was in SD. It's just the nature of the business and age.

As for Merriman he is still young and a physical freak of nature. If anyone can fully recover and be better than ever after a tendon injury it is him. This season will be very telling.

Comment

The problem is Jamal wont be as effective at it as he was in SD. It's just the nature of the business and age.
                            Funny how you said the exact opposite for so long with Tomlinson. Glad to hear that you're capable of learning!

As for Merriman he is still young and a physical freak of nature. If anyone can fully recover and be better than ever after a tendon injury it is him. This season will be very telling.
                            As soon as the owners push through HGH testing, Merriman won't be able to take roids anymore. Roids are what made him a physical freak of nature, just like it did for so many other players. He's subject to the same limitations that the rest of us are. He may come back and he may not, he doesn't stand a better chance than anyone else though.

Comment

Unless he is not human, his tendons are just like the rest of us. And as such, tendons will never come back at 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                                Funny how you said the exact opposite for so long with Tomlinson. Glad to hear that you're capable of learning!

As soon as the owners push through HGH testing, Merriman won't be able to take roids anymore. Roids are what made him a physical freak of nature, just like it did for so many other players. He's subject to the same limitations that the rest of us are. He may come back and he may not, he doesn't stand a better chance than anyone else though.
                                You are clueless if you think Merriman is merriman due to anything other than genetics.

Steroids take Merriman, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X