X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by IgorBStrange View Post
    I will laugh all I want because you are making sad excuses for your team.

Did your team make any SB appearances in the 1970's? Denver did, and with no RB with over 550 rushing yards, a poor OL and a QB who had to check out of a hospital bed for the AFC Championship Game. Then he had to have a team mate tie his shoes in the locker room because he was so badly bruised and hurt. They lost the SB, but were the Cinderella team of Cinderella teams and have had but a handful of losing seasons since.

In the mean time, your team had guys like Fouts, Dean, Kelcher, Joiner and were supposed to be contenders while Denver was supposed to be fighting it out for last place.

In the 1980's Denver made three SB appearances while your team was once again the darlings of the MSM with "superstars" like Winslow, Joiner, Kelcher, Williams, Muncie and Coryell as your coach. I do not see any SB appearances there either.

In the 1990's your team finally made a SB appearance, with Stan Humphries as your QB. NOT Brees, NOT Rivers, but Stan Humphries. Was that team superior to your "best team in the NFL" the past four seasons? I would have to say yes, and also say that Stan Humphries was a better QB than Phyllis because he got that team where no other Chargers QB has gone before or since.

Now we both know what has happened since 2000. Your team dominated except the Raiders SB appearance. But your team made it to the AFC Championship game, which your team was favored to win, should have won, etc., etc.. This past season again you were favored, and lost at home to a rookie QB and rookie HC. Blame the kicker all you want, but the game should never have come down to the kicker. Your team had it, your team lost it.

Having played football since Junior High School, and having been on a 2 time National Championship Semi-Pro team and also coached a few years I will tell you it is not all about talent and stats. Billy Kilmer took the Redskins to the SB and his backup was Sonny Jurgensen. Billy could not throw a spiral pass to save his life, a beer belly and ok stats. Jurgensen had the arm, a beautiful spiral to his passes, pizazz and everything else you would love in a QB. But Jurgensen also had a penchant for losing the big games, just like Rivers.

You can make fun of Orton all you want, but he went into YOUR home field and whooped you guys on National TV. Yes, you won in Denver and YOU WERE supposed to. We were not supposed to win on your turf. Orton is a team mate and leader. He plays hurt (the finger and both ankles), doesn't whine and complain, lets his play do the talking and not his mouth. Much like Craig Morton and Charley Johnson did in Denver's past. His passes ain't all that pretty, but I'll take a Billy Kilmer, Craig Morton over a Sonny Jurgensen or Terry Hanratty or Steve Bratkowski, Jack Concannon, John Reaves anyday. Leaders lead, leaders win even when they should not and even when hurt they somehow find a way to win.

Rivers wins all the pretty games, gets all the headlines. Then, when the big game comes, when all the marbles are there to be won....well, it's always somebody else's fault, is it not? So go fire the kicker.
    Orton is garbage, get real. It's why your team traded Hillis and 2 draft picks for Quinn. LOL! Orton at his best isn't 1/4 the QB Rivers is at his worst.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by crass7elway View Post
    ey, its all about WINNING in the NFL stats are just numbers... players dont get played to put up big numbers.. they get paid to win
    Well then everyone on the Broncos is bad or average. They can't even win games and make the playoffs let alone win in the playoffs and superbowls, right?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by crass7elway View Post
    ey, its all about WINNING in the NFL stats are just numbers... players dont get played to put up big numbers.. they get paid to win
    ummm that is a bunch of bull crap.

as a positional player, playing well is what helps your team win. thank god there isn't a lot of people that think like you or we would have some very mediocre to bad players in the hall of fame because they happened to be on teams that won rings.

the only people you can judge by winning is franchises, coaches, and QB's. the rest of the players are almost 100% judged by stats/production, not winning.

again, if a lot of people agrees with you, your own floyd little wouldn't have a chance in hell of making the hall of fame.

players get paid to do their job better than anyone els, they don't get paid based off of winning.....lets be at least some what realistic guys.

Leave a comment:

• crass7elway
    replied
    Originally posted by Fargo View Post
    Is Dan Marino average for not winning any Superbowls?

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    Is Dan Marino average for not winning any Superbowls?

Leave a comment:

• IgorBStrange
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    First off I don't know if you're joking or seriously upset... I did not in any way poke fun at the Broncos in my post.

Second, Measuring Philip Rivers legacy as a failure after only 4 seasons is ridiculous... Peyton didn't win his first championship title until his 8th season, Brees his 9th, and Elway his 14th! Two of these QB's were racking up division titles and went home after disappointing playoff losses for many years just as Rivers is today.

Next time, I hope you look at how long it took your own team to get a trophy before you laugh at another teams failures when the situations are very similar.
    I will laugh all I want because you are making sad excuses for your team.

Did your team make any SB appearances in the 1970's? Denver did, and with no RB with over 550 rushing yards, a poor OL and a QB who had to check out of a hospital bed for the AFC Championship Game. Then he had to have a team mate tie his shoes in the locker room because he was so badly bruised and hurt. They lost the SB, but were the Cinderella team of Cinderella teams and have had but a handful of losing seasons since.

In the mean time, your team had guys like Fouts, Dean, Kelcher, Joiner and were supposed to be contenders while Denver was supposed to be fighting it out for last place.

In the 1980's Denver made three SB appearances while your team was once again the darlings of the MSM with "superstars" like Winslow, Joiner, Kelcher, Williams, Muncie and Coryell as your coach. I do not see any SB appearances there either.

In the 1990's your team finally made a SB appearance, with Stan Humphries as your QB. NOT Brees, NOT Rivers, but Stan Humphries. Was that team superior to your "best team in the NFL" the past four seasons? I would have to say yes, and also say that Stan Humphries was a better QB than Phyllis because he got that team where no other Chargers QB has gone before or since.

Now we both know what has happened since 2000. Your team dominated except the Raiders SB appearance. But your team made it to the AFC Championship game, which your team was favored to win, should have won, etc., etc.. This past season again you were favored, and lost at home to a rookie QB and rookie HC. Blame the kicker all you want, but the game should never have come down to the kicker. Your team had it, your team lost it.

Having played football since Junior High School, and having been on a 2 time National Championship Semi-Pro team and also coached a few years I will tell you it is not all about talent and stats. Billy Kilmer took the Redskins to the SB and his backup was Sonny Jurgensen. Billy could not throw a spiral pass to save his life, a beer belly and ok stats. Jurgensen had the arm, a beautiful spiral to his passes, pizazz and everything else you would love in a QB. But Jurgensen also had a penchant for losing the big games, just like Rivers.

You can make fun of Orton all you want, but he went into YOUR home field and whooped you guys on National TV. Yes, you won in Denver and YOU WERE supposed to. We were not supposed to win on your turf. Orton is a team mate and leader. He plays hurt (the finger and both ankles), doesn't whine and complain, lets his play do the talking and not his mouth. Much like Craig Morton and Charley Johnson did in Denver's past. His passes ain't all that pretty, but I'll take a Billy Kilmer, Craig Morton over a Sonny Jurgensen or Terry Hanratty or Steve Bratkowski, Jack Concannon, John Reaves anyday. Leaders lead, leaders win even when they should not and even when hurt they somehow find a way to win.

Rivers wins all the pretty games, gets all the headlines. Then, when the big game comes, when all the marbles are there to be won....well, it's always somebody else's fault, is it not? So go fire the kicker.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Ah, but it is true. Phyllis Rivers is very average.

Let's look at his record, and by that I mean the one that really counts.

No Super Bowl appearances to compliment his AFC West Divisional Titles.
    Best team in the NFL by consensus and by Home Field Advantages earned. Yet, nothing of consequence to show for that so-called "dominance" except being Dominated by supposedly lesser teams. Especially this past season when a rookie QB, a rookie HC came in and opened a can of Whoop-A** on your own home field in front of a home crowd.

Laugh it up all you want about Denver not making the Playoffs, but that will end soon.

But I will rub it in that, I do believe, when Denver, The Raiders and the Chiefs ruled the Division they at least got to the Super Bowl many times AND have something, namely RINGS to show for it.

History will show that at no time did any AFC West team except the Chargers make the playoffs four or more times consecutively without a Super Bowl appearance.

So there you have it. Call it what you will. Make all the lame excuses you want, but the fact is you are losers through and through. An embarrassment to the AFC West because of your so-called "dominance", which is and was a joke, or should I say CHOKE.

You talk the talk, but do not walk the walk. You need a RING for that.
    I stopped reading after I saw Rivers and avg in the same sentence. That was epic. If nothing else you are always good for laughs. Rivers average?? CLASSIC!

SD's dominance of the AFCW just barely started big guy.

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    Oh my dear God it gets worse. :brick:

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPROf...1&feature=fvwp

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    After this part there was no need to read the rest of your post.....If Rivers is an average QB then Orton is a Piece of Dog ***t. As long as he is your QB youll be alot closer to the Raiders n Chiefs then you will be the Chargers. Enjoy fighting them off for 2nd place for another year.
    I feel bad for the poor saps that think Orton is a good QB. Orton is really the average QB.

Leave a comment:

• Strimpel
    replied
    Originally posted by Fargo View Post
    Nice cliffhanger, I wonder if there'll be a sequel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwsF1...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    Nice cliffhanger, I wonder if there'll be a sequel.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    That was one of the finest short feature films iv ever seen, they should show this at the Sundance Film Festival, and the artwork at the end just summed up what being a true charger fan is all about, thank you sir for sharing this magnificent masterpiece of film making, i cant wait untill it comes out on DVD.

Leave a comment:

• powderblues
    replied
    Ah, but it is true. Phyllis Rivers is very average.

Let's look at his record, and by that I mean the one that really counts.

No Super Bowl appearances to compliment his AFC West Divisional Titles.
    Best team in the NFL by consensus and by Home Field Advantages earned. Yet, nothing of consequence to show for that so-called "dominance" except being Dominated by supposedly lesser teams. Especially this past season when a rookie QB, a rookie HC came in and opened a can of Whoop-A** on your own home field in front of a home crowd.

Laugh it up all you want about Denver not making the Playoffs, but that will end soon.

But I will rub it in that, I do believe, when Denver, The Raiders and the Chiefs ruled the Division they at least got to the Super Bowl many times AND have something, namely RINGS to show for it.

History will show that at no time did any AFC West team except the Chargers make the playoffs four or more times consecutively without a Super Bowl appearance.

So there you have it. Call it what you will. Make all the lame excuses you want, but the fact is you are losers through and through. An embarrassment to the AFC West because of your so-called "dominance", which is and was a joke, or should I say CHOKE.

You talk the talk, but do not walk the walk. You need a RING for that.
    First off I don't know if you're joking or seriously upset... I did not in any way poke fun at the Broncos in my post.

Second, Measuring Philip Rivers legacy as a failure after only 4 seasons is ridiculous... Peyton didn't win his first championship title until his 8th season, Brees his 9th, and Elway his 14th! Two of these QB's were racking up division titles and went home after disappointing playoff losses for many years just as Rivers is today.

Next time, I hope you look at how long it took your own team to get a trophy before you laugh at another teams failures when the situations are very similar.

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    That video's pretty old, I think a Raider fan made it...

It was epic fail the moment the words "Philip Rivers is average" appeared on the screen.
    He is no Eli Manning or Drew Brees... or Stan Humphries for that matter when you are talking about Charger QB's from the past 15 years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X