Broncos get rid of Andra Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos get rid of Andra Davis

There goes their best defensive player from last year along with their DC.

They are just committed to losing aren't they?

bronco tem wil be one of teh worst teams next yr bar none Lmao

no qb orton isnt franchise qb liek russel or rivers, no wr )marshall wil be gone soon or be suspend for ever) no rb (moreno isnt great at all and waz pick to high), a head coach who wil be gone in1 yr, no te scheffler is gone to,

meanwhile raider team is set for teh future..
    all hail Al Davis..greaest owner n nfl historiy...has builde raider team ibnto a dynasty thad wil be formidable for yrs to come

Comment

Post 1 and Post 2 is suddenly reminding me of the movie "dumb and dumber".
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

For the longest time I thought those 2 were the same person.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post

I love how someone who watches two bronco's games a year knows our best defensive player. He isn't stat wise, nor was he film wise. Your smack is about as good as raiderjoe's.

Comment

He was solid, nothing spectacular. You get dumber by the day. You lost your starting corner, but Cason who's done jack squat will all of a sudden do well. 2>>0.. Denver "rebuilding" is 7-9/8-8, the Dolts rebuilding is 1-15. A 2 down linebacker who will be 32 this year is our best defensive player, yep he's clearly our best.
            Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-13-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              AW4M ended the thread virtually before it even started. Nice work Sir.

Comment

Yeah because a guy who doesn't play 3rd down was our best defender ...over Champ DJ Dumervil Dawkins the rest of the secondary. He wasn't even our third best LBer.

Drive by stupidy at its best and 3 days late to boot.
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                  AW4M ended the thread virtually before it even started. Nice work Sir.
                  Thanks man, it was like shootin' fish in a barrel....
                  Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-13-2010, 09:31 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Sorry...but you Bronco fans are killing me. You don't see how a full-season staring LB is a loss....but, in the same breath, you are happy to get a FA NT who missed games in '07, '08, and 15 games in '09......and who is 35 yrs old.

Weird stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                      Sorry...but you Bronco fans are killing me. You don't see how a full-season staring LB is a loss....but, in the same breath, you are happy to get a FA NT who missed games in '07, '08, and 15 games in '09......and who is 35 yrs old.

Weird stuff.
                      Thats OK because many of you Bolt fans do the same. Hell the OP here thought Jamal Williams was a younger guy who had like 3-4 more seasons left just last year.
                      Last edited by Freestyle; 03-13-2010, 09:54 PM.
                      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        Yeah because a guy who doesn't play 3rd down was our best defender ...over Champ DJ Dumervil Dawkins the rest of the secondary. He wasn't even our third best LBer.

Drive by stupidy at its best and 3 days late to boot.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

Is there a way to embed videos here
                        You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post

Weird stuff.
                          I'm pretty sure we're all just bashing the OP. This would be the equivalent of me going to the chargers boards and posting a thread saying Williams and Cromartie were your best two defensive players and now their gone. It really is sad stuff....

But honestly if we do want to bring logic into this, he was average. He only played in running situations and he was average at that. He was below average at passing coverage and average at rushing the passer. As for being happy for Jamal, it's because he's an upgrade. And it doesn't matter who it is; if their better than the guy you had before you should be happy with it, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            He was solid, nothing spectacular. You get dumber by the day. You lost your starting corner, but Cason who's done jack squat will all of a sudden do well. 2>>0.. Denver "rebuilding" is 7-9/8-8, the Dolts rebuilding is 1-15. A 2 down linebacker who will be 32 this year is our best defensive player, yep he's clearly our best.
                            Cason is better in SD's system than Cromartie is. Cromartie is the better in man coverage and better ball hawk and play maker. But Cason is smarter, more instinctive, tougher, more physical, better in zone and better vs the run. He also has ball hawk instincts.

Davis had 90 tackles 3.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss. He allowed 0 tds. He played nearly half the snaps as DJ Williams and had virtually almost the same season except DJ allowed 2 td's in coverage and Davis 0.

Doom is 1 dimensional as they come. Horrible in coverage and vs the run.

Dawkins had 12 missed tackles and his 2 ints came in the same game on tipped passes by Champ which Dawkins basically fielded like punts.

He had 0 sacks and 1 FF. Sorry, Dawkins showed his age especially at the end of the season.

Champ is better than Davis, but he's at the end of his career. Has 1 to 2 more good years in him. He'll be 32 when the season starts, 33 when the 2011 season starts. That's 1 to 2 years. After that in the 2012 season he will be 34.

Cro had 33 tackles 0 for loss 3 ints 10 PD's as the starter. Had 17 yds on int.

Cason had 41 tackles 1 for loss, 2 ints, 3 pds as a nickle. He had 22 yds on ints

We'll be fine. Who do you have to replace Davis?? Spencer Larsen and Woodyard??

Really?? Or who to replace Dawkins once he is complete done this year?? Vernon Fox?? Your defense is so old.

You could potentially have 8 starters on D at 30 or older.

Jarvis Green at the DE, Bannan at the other end, Jamal at NT. Haggan likely starting at LB, then your old secondary.

Scary!

Comment

Cason is better in SD's system than Cromartie is. Cromartie is the better in man coverage and better ball hawk and play maker. But Cason is smarter, more instinctive, tougher, more physical, better in zone and better vs the run. He also has ball hawk instincts.

Davis had 90 tackles 3.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss. He allowed 0 tds. He played nearly half the snaps as DJ Williams and had virtually almost the same season except DJ allowed 2 td's in coverage and Davis 0.

Doom is 1 dimensional as they come. Horrible in coverage and vs the run.

Dawkins had 12 missed tackles and his 2 ints came in the same game on tipped passes by Champ which Dawkins basically fielded like punts.

He had 0 sacks and 1 FF. Sorry, Dawkins showed his age especially at the end of the season.

Champ is better than Davis, but he's at the end of his career. Has 1 to 2 more good years in him. He'll be 32 when the season starts, 33 when the 2011 season starts. That's 1 to 2 years. After that in the 2012 season he will be 34.

Cro had 33 tackles 0 for loss 3 ints 10 PD's as the starter. Had 17 yds on int.

Cason had 41 tackles 1 for loss, 2 ints, 3 pds as a nickle. He had 22 yds on ints

We'll be fine. Who do you have to replace Davis?? Spencer Larsen and Woodyard??

Really?? Or who to replace Dawkins once he is complete done this year?? Vernon Fox?? Your defense is so old.

You could potentially have 8 starters on D at 30 or older.

Jarvis Green at the DE, Bannan at the other end, Jamal at NT. Haggan likely starting at LB, then your old secondary.

Scary!
                              Cason could be better in SD's system, Cro will be missed b/c of his physical ability, freakish. Davis wore down as the season went along and is a 2 down LB, he'll be 32 this year. We'll see with Doom, our DE's were crap, so that is yet to be seen. It was his first year at OLB, so time will tell. I agree with the INT's, but it happens. As of now, Bruton would replace Dawkins, not Fox who wont even be on the team, get your facs straight tool. I agree with Champ, i've said it for awhile now we need a replacement for Champ, we have 3 young CB's on the roster, but idk if any are #1 CB's. Rumor has it we were looking at Spievey from Iowa, i'd be estatic if we got him. Haggan will replace Davis for now. McBath will start over Hill, i would say. Ayers will be the other OLB opposite Doom. I think our defense will be.. Thats 6 starters over 30 and we have replacements for most of them. The Steelers have 7 players over 30 on there defense, but you dont see people saying how there defense is aging.

DE- McBean NT- Jamal DE- Bannan

OLB- Ayers ILB- Haggan/DJ OLB- Doom

CB- Champ/Goodman FS- McBath SS- Dawkins
                              Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-13-2010, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X