X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    You opened up when you said that AJ has a plan. Guess what? Everybody has a plan. The thing is, a plan is only as good as its execution. So far it doesn't appear that AJ's executing too well.

He picked up a 31 year old career backup who rushes for under 400 yards a season, that seems to be his plan. Looks like the only available move that he has left is trying to pick up a serviceable RB out of a relatively poor draft for the position.
    This draft is deep at RB. RB is virtually the easiest position to replace and there is always ample studs in drafts. Teams run 2 to 3 studs a team basically nowadays at RB. Im not even slightly worried, seriously.

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
    Please don't compare Al Davis and the mess he has become to AJ.
    You opened up when you said that AJ has a plan. Guess what? Everybody has a plan. The thing is, a plan is only as good as its execution. So far it doesn't appear that AJ's executing too well.

AJ cut LT and we'll see this year what his plan is. :salute!:
    He picked up a 31 year old career backup who rushes for under 400 yards a season, that seems to be his plan. Looks like the only available move that he has left is trying to pick up a serviceable RB out of a relatively poor draft for the position.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
    The dolts should pick him up....they need help with their weak LB squad. He's definitely better than Dobbins/Siler/or whatever scrub they want to throw in there!
    lol. He's definitely NOT better than Siler. Siler is a BEAST STUD in the making.

SD's LB's >>> Den's LB's.

Haggan and Woodyard?? REAAAAALLLYY??
    Last edited by ChargersDivison; 03-15-2010, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Ya, like releasing the head coach who took the team from cellar dweller to SB contender, after all of the good coaches had been snatched up. And, like keeping an aging RB in place of a young upcoming one. AJ has a plan alright, but then so does Al Davis.
    Please don't compare Al Davis and the mess he has become to AJ.

Letting marty go was good. Marty 14-2, Norv 13-3. Marty 12-4, Nov 11-5, Marty 9-7, Norv 8-8.

Marty 0-2 in playoffs, Norv 3-3.

AJ cut LT and we'll see this year what his plan is. :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• Accordngs
    replied
    The dolts should pick him up....they need help with their weak LB squad. He's definitely better than Dobbins/Siler/or whatever scrub they want to throw in there!

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Ya, like releasing the head coach who took the team from cellar dweller to SB contender, after all of the good coaches had been snatched up. And, like keeping an aging RB in place of a young upcoming one. AJ has a plan alright, but then so does Al Davis.
    Dont forget their two blockbuster off season acquisitions, RB Marcus Mason and CB Donald Strickland, both found from some excellent Dumpster Diving.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    There goes their best defensive player from last year along with their DC.

They are just committed to losing aren't they?
    Elvis has not left the building

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    AJ always has a plan.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    AW4M ended the thread virtually before it even started. Nice work Sir.
    Agreed Chazoe, That gave me a little chuckle. Hey you guys want to chip in and buy ChargersDivision & RaiderJoe the "I'M WITH STUPID" SHIRTS ?, Hahaha. GO BRONCOS

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    Please don't compare your mess of a front office to our proven front office.
    Hahaha, PROVEN???. You are not proven unless you have the hardware to back it up. And in the case you don't know what i am talking about, It's called RINGS, Not rings around your collar little boy, I mean SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!, And you can take that to the bank. GO BRONCOS

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Right like your team has good NT's on stand by who Jamal will rotate with. Those same contingency plan that has anchored your run defense for years now and especially last year, right??

Our team addressed the NT position, but 4 NT's last year were on IR. But AJ kept bringing guys in.

He also had a plan for Merriman in 08, unfortunately Tucker got hurt to, ala drafting English in the draft.

AJ always has a plan. Please don't compare your mess of a front office to our proven front office. That's just crossing over reality and trollity.
    Fields was probably our most surprising FA. He is nowhere near pro bowl and not elite but he was solid, he just played too much and got worn down. Now he will rotate in with jamal and possibly someone else.

And rod calling someone else a troll is classic. You are quite possibly the king of trolls on here and everyone knows it.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    The difference is your team went into the season expecting a miracle from Jamal Williams during what SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUPER BOWL RUNS.

Your team and specifically the FO FAILED miserably to address Jamal's position knowing he has health issues. They failed with Merriman as well!

My team, on the other hand, is only planning to use Jamal on a rotational basis. Ultimately, no matter how you slice it, JW will be an upgrade for my team.

How has your team upgraded (aside from trading Straight Trash)?
    Right like your team has good NT's on stand by who Jamal will rotate with. Those same contingency plan that has anchored your run defense for years now and especially last year, right??

Our team addressed the NT position, but 4 NT's last year were on IR. But AJ kept bringing guys in.

He also had a plan for Merriman in 08, unfortunately Tucker got hurt to, ala drafting English in the draft.

AJ always has a plan. Please don't compare your mess of a front office to our proven front office. That's just crossing over reality and trollity.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    Sorry...but you Bronco fans are killing me. You don't see how a full-season staring LB is a loss....but, in the same breath, you are happy to get a FA NT who missed games in '07, '08, and 15 games in '09......and who is 35 yrs old.

Weird stuff.
    The difference is your team went into the season expecting a miracle from Jamal Williams during what SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUPER BOWL RUNS.

Your team and specifically the FO FAILED miserably to address Jamal's position knowing he has health issues. They failed with Merriman as well!

My team, on the other hand, is only planning to use Jamal on a rotational basis. Ultimately, no matter how you slice it, JW will be an upgrade for my team.

How has your team upgraded (aside from trading Straight Trash)?

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Lets be honest and it was proved this year. Steelers defense is predicated on 1 guy and 1 guy only. Without that guy their defense is nothing close to what it is. Their defense kept them out of the playoffs this year.

As for your post, pretty honest post.

I also have to say I think because he was in NE and your HC has familiarity with him Green will start over Mcbean.

I think Haggan is a down grade from Davis and it's not like he's young in his own right.

Ayers is still very unproven.

Don't you think your defenses age and them always breaking down late in the season coincides with one another. Maybe it's why Den starts good an finishes bad and SD vice versa. The age. Older guys know how to start the season with momentum, they get in great shape and prepared as season progresses they get tired, heavy footed, etc. Where as it might be more likely for younger guys to start slower, make more mistakes and pick up momentum as the season progresses.

That's the big difference between Den and SD. Den starts on fire and flames go out fast.

SD starts out solid, not horrible, but not great. Solid at best! But they quickly pick up speed and finish strong.

Not to mention someone who's never been a coordinator in Matindale taking over a great DC in Nolan. I think you will see a big difference.
    Troy is the Steelers defense as weird as it is. I dont think one player makes a defense, but i guess for the Steelers they really need Troy. They shouldnt lose to KC, Oakland, Cleveland, Chicago without Troy, they should beat those teams regardless. Of course he comes back against Denver, plays well, then doesnt play again the whole season.

I think Green starts too b/c of NE ties, but McBean should give him a run in TC. Haggan is a downgrade i guess, he doesnt have that many miles on him, mainly ST in Buffalo and started last year.

Ayers is unproven but he played limited, but he was a step away from 6 sacks, 2 were called for penalties. This year the reason we fell apart was because once Harris went down, our OL went complete crap, even Clady played bad, and our run defense was crap, games are won in the trenches.

We were in most of the games, just couldnt finish. I have a lot of confidence in Martindale, the players like him, he seems like a DC type of guy. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-13-2010, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Cason could be better in SD's system, Cro will be missed b/c of his physical ability, freakish. Davis wore down as the season went along and is a 2 down LB, he'll be 32 this year. We'll see with Doom, our DE's were crap, so that is yet to be seen. It was his first year at OLB, so time will tell. I agree with the INT's, but it happens. As of now, Bruton would replace Dawkins, not Fox who wont even be on the team, get your facs straight tool. I agree with Champ, i've said it for awhile now we need a replacement for Champ, we have 3 young CB's on the roster, but idk if any are #1 CB's. Rumor has it we were looking at Spievey from Iowa, i'd be estatic if we got him. Haggan will replace Davis for now. McBath will start over Hill, i would say. Ayers will be the other OLB opposite Doom. I think our defense will be.. Thats 6 starters over 30 and we have replacements for most of them. The Steelers have 7 players over 30 on there defense, but you dont see people saying how there defense is aging.

DE- McBean NT- Jamal DE- Bannan

OLB- Ayers ILB- Haggan/DJ OLB- Doom

CB- Champ/Goodman FS- McBath SS- Dawkins
    Lets be honest and it was proved this year. Steelers defense is predicated on 1 guy and 1 guy only. Without that guy their defense is nothing close to what it is. Their defense kept them out of the playoffs this year.

As for your post, pretty honest post.

I also have to say I think because he was in NE and your HC has familiarity with him Green will start over Mcbean.

I think Haggan is a down grade from Davis and it's not like he's young in his own right.

Ayers is still very unproven.

Don't you think your defenses age and them always breaking down late in the season coincides with one another. Maybe it's why Den starts good an finishes bad and SD vice versa. The age. Older guys know how to start the season with momentum, they get in great shape and prepared as season progresses they get tired, heavy footed, etc. Where as it might be more likely for younger guys to start slower, make more mistakes and pick up momentum as the season progresses.

That's the big difference between Den and SD. Den starts on fire and flames go out fast.

SD starts out solid, not horrible, but not great. Solid at best! But they quickly pick up speed and finish strong.

Not to mention someone who's never been a coordinator in Matindale taking over a great DC in Nolan. I think you will see a big difference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X