Charlie Whitehurst >>>> Brady Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Whitehurst >>>> Brady Quinn

That's right. San Diego's 3rd string, clipboard toting QB is way better than Denver's potential starting QB.

Well.....at least he is based on the NFL Draft Value Chart the GMs use. Seattle gave up 390 Draft Value points to get Whitehurst, Denver only gave up 28 DVPs to get Quinn.

Either someone really overpaid....or, someone got a really good deal. Probably a little of both.

Yeah, your right, Whitehurst is better then Quinn. Seattle is stupid, of course they'll overpay for him. Look who's running that team. We gave up jack squat for a QB with Quinn's potential.

Comment

Who the heck is Whitehurst? Never heard of him. If he's so good how man starting wins does he have?

Try not to make me puke in my mouth with your response okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
        Well.....at least he is based on the NFL Draft Value Chart the GMs use. Seattle gave up 390 Draft Value points to get Whitehurst, Denver only gave up 28 DVPs to get Quinn.
        Keep in mind who's holding the reigns in Seattle.

I don't have a horse in this race so I don't give a rip, I just think that it's important to remember who the Seahawks new HC, who insisted on total control, is. That can't be left out of the discussion.

Comment

I know the smack talk in the offseason is often a desolate dump, but there's no point in throwing more trash into the pile of trash

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
            Keep in mind who's holding the reigns in Seattle.

I don't have a horse in this race so I don't give a rip, I just think that it's important to remember who the Seahawks new HC, who insisted on total control, is. That can't be left out of the discussion.
            Based on what I read today, it sounds like it was the GMs call, not Pete's. Apparently, Schneider liked him coming out of Clemson.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
              I know the smack talk in the offseason is often a desolate dump, but there's no point in throwing more trash into the pile of trash
              At first, I was just making fun of the Draft Value Chart because some writer used it to compare Seattle getting Hasselbeck from Green Bay to what they just did with Whitehurst.

But, the more I read the more I think it is legitmate smack. There is no doubt that Whitehurst is being brought in to be the Seahawks starter. Maybe not right out of camp, but he should get his chance quickly at the rate Matt gets hurt.

Meanwhile in Denver, it's hard to get a read on whether Quinn was brought in to be the QB of the future or just an upgrade over Simms at backup.

Comment

no one cares.

Comment

It would be funny if Charlie Whitehurst goes to the seahawks and wins a super bowl, meanwhile Rivers aint won jack, that would have Charger fans jumping out of windows and off bridges, if there any left to jump out windows after Big Ben, Eli and Drew have all got rings on their fingers...
                  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                    no one cares.
                    Only because most people can't see beyond their keyboards. Look, Denver fans should care. Neither Orton or Quinn is the long-term answer. Unless Denver drafts a QB early, Bronco fans should be upset that two years after losing their franchise QB they still have no plan in place to solve their problem.

At least Seattle has a plan in place.

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                      It would be funny if Charlie Whitehurst goes to the seahawks and wins a super bowl, meanwhile Rivers aint won jack, that would have Charger fans jumping out of windows and off bridges, if there any left to jump out windows after Big Ben, Eli and Drew have all got rings on their fingers...
                      And Matt Schaub too..

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                        It would be even funnier if LT won a ring with the Jets first.

Comment

Only because most people can't see beyond their keyboards. Look, Denver fans should care. Neither Orton or Quinn is the long-term answer. Unless Denver drafts a QB early, Bronco fans should be upset that two years after losing their franchise QB they still have no plan in place to solve their problem.

At least Seattle has a plan in place.
                          Great plan, trade a top 40 pick and a future 3rd for someone who's done dittly squat. Nobody knows what Quinn can do here, you dont, nobody does, only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Great plan, trade a top 40 pick and a future 3rd for someone who's done dittly squat. Nobody knows what Quinn can do here, you dont, nobody does, only time will tell.
                            Last time I checked, Mike Holmgren knew a thing or two on how to evaluate QBs. Bronco fans are under the impression that Quinn (or anybody for that matter) couldn't have success with the "team" he had in Cleveland.

Holmgren on the other hand knew the "team" could never have success with Quinn or Anderson as their QB. Mike watched about 10 min of game film and starting calling GMs around the league to see who would take those stiffs....and he was willing to give them away for basically nothing (which is what Denver paid).

Comment

Last time I checked, Mike Holmgren knew a thing or two on how to evaluate QBs. Bronco fans are under the impression that Quinn (or anybody for that matter) couldn't have success with the "team" he had in Cleveland.

Holmgren on the other hand knew the "team" could never have success with Quinn or Anderson as their QB. Mike watched about 10 min of game film and starting calling GMs around the league to see who would take those stiffs....and he was willing to give them away for basically nothing (which is what Denver paid).
                              Takes longer then 14 games playing in Cleveland to judge a QB. Brees didnt start out well, neither did Peyton Manning, i'm not saying he's as good as either of those, but it takes longer then 14 starts to judge a player. He's only 25, no one knows what Quinn is or isnt. He hasnt played enough, hasnt played on a team that has helped him in any way and hasnt had any stability to speak of. The price is right and if he plays I doubt he'll be put in a positioin where he has to be Drew Brees or Philip Rivers in running our offense. Anyone who doesnt like this move, homer or hater, just doesnt get it.
                              Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-19-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X