Who Will the Broncos Take With the 14th Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will the Broncos Take With the 14th Pick

Oh....that's right......McD traded the rights to that picks to Seattle for Alphonso Smurf. Dang...that has to hurt. Can you imagine the possibilities of picking at 11 AND 14? At least you got a good "backup" nickle back out of the deal.

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    Oh....that's right......McD traded the rights to that picks to Seattle for Alphonso Smurf. Dang...that has to hurt. Can you imagine the possibilities of picking at 11 AND 14? At least you got a good "backup" nickle back out of the deal.
    Yep... one year and Alphonso hasn't done anything, I guess it's time to give up on him. After all, if a player does nothing in his first year then there's absolutely no chance for them to become a successful player in the NFL right? :doh: Come on man, I thought you could do better than this.

Comment

Weak..........

Comment

Next time try harder to bash the team;
        then again your a Chargers fan.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

He does have a point. Imagine if you didn't trade a first for a undersized CB who was replaced by a 40 yr old washed up old man.

Then you trade BM for a 1st. You could of went into the draft with 3 early 1st round picks.

I'd actually be alittle worried at that point. Especially if King Brady Quinn is starter who I have always hyped as being potentially a superstar in the league and a top 5 QB in the NFL if he got a shot.

Hope I'm wrong on him though now.

Comment

Two high picks means two high salarys for unproven players.No thanks. Just look at the amount of money the Chargers are paying Larry English for goodness sakes. 2.5 million for a guy who can't beat out Merrimans steroidless reduced abilitys or Phillips who never was.We even over paid for Moreno but at least he is a starter.
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              Two high picks means two high salarys for unproven players.No thanks. Just look at the amount of money the Chargers are paying Larry English for goodness sakes. 2.5 million for a guy who can't beat out Merrimans steroidless reduced abilitys or Phillips who never was.We even over paid for Moreno but at least he is a starter.
              Phillips who never was?? Phillips is one of the best 3-4 OLB and might be the best all around 3-4 OLB. In terms of pass rush/vs the run/in coverage.

Merriman is Merriman and teams game plan against him.

English did better than Ayers who couldn't beat out 1 dimensional Doom or ummm Haggan.

Comment

Can you imagine being picked to win the Superbowl every year and never even getting there?oh yeah i guess you can.
                I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                  Phillips who never was?? Phillips is one of the best 3-4 OLB and might be the best all around 3-4 OLB. In terms of pass rush/vs the run/in coverage.

Merriman is Merriman and teams game plan against him.

English did better than Ayers who couldn't beat out 1 dimensional Doom or ummm Haggan
                  In 139 more snaps English only had 2 sacks where Ayers had 0 in every other stat Ayers = or > by English,every one, qb hits, pressures tackles he graded out way better over all too. with less plays.He is bigger taller and faster and making the trasition form a DE to OLB
                  Phillips is a marginal player at best.If he played half as hard as he runs his mouth he would be all world no doubt but he doesn't. with out someone else like pre roid busted merriman or Jamal drawing double teams leaving him free runs at the qb he does nothing in the pass rush.the guy has 326 tackles in 6 seasons not exactly blowing it up in the run game either.
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    In 139 more snaps English only had 2 sacks where Ayers had 0 in every other stat Ayers = or > by English,every one, qb hits, pressures tackles he graded out way better over all too. with less plays.He is bigger taller and faster and making the trasition form a DE to OLB
                    Phillips is a marginal player at best.If he played half as hard as he runs his mouth he would be all world no doubt but he doesn't. with out someone else like pre roid busted merriman or Jamal drawing double teams leaving him free runs at the qb he does nothing in the pass rush.the guy has 326 tackles in 6 seasons not exactly blowing it up in the run game either.
                    Ummm no.. English had more sacks and more hits, less missed tackles. He allowed less YAC yds. English is 6'2 255 plus and more athletic and smarter player.

Outside the 40 he did every at the combine faster or better than Ayers.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...009&genpos=OLB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2009&genpos=DE

Phillips hasn't started for 6 years big guy.

The year Merriman didn't play in 08, Phillips was tied for #1 amongst OLB's for QB pressures. Phillips and when Merriman is healthy is as good of a combo as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
                      Weak..........
                      Weak? Please expand upon your response and enlighten us (if you can). You drafted a DB in the second round AND also gave up this year's #14 overall pick for an already undersized player who was a "back-up" to a "back-up" position (nickle back). This is not an opinion....it's a fact. The Broncos had to bring in Ty Law to stablize the position.

When people say the Chargers "reached" by trading up to get Jacob Hester, I totally agree with them. Why can't Donkey fans just admit that a 2nd and the 14th overall pick was way too much for A. Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                        Can you imagine being picked to win the Superbowl every year and never even getting there?oh yeah i guess you can.
                        Yeah, it sucks. But, at least I know we have a shot...and actually make the playoffs every year.

I would say that it must suck to not even be considered for the playoffs every year.....but, I know the typical Donkey response....."If we can't win the SB, than I'd rather not even be in the playoffs. Everybody team that loses in the playoffs watches the SB on the couch at the same time".

Comment

Weak? Please expand upon your response and enlighten us (if you can). You drafted a DB in the second round AND also gave up this year's #14 overall pick for an already undersized player who was a "back-up" to a "back-up" position (nickle back). This is not an opinion....it's a fact. The Broncos had to bring in Ty Law to stablize the position.

When people say the Chargers "reached" by trading up to get Jacob Hester, I totally agree with them. Why can't Donkey fans just admit that a 2nd and the 14th overall pick was way too much for A. Smith?
                          Your smack is weak! Do you require a translator??

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
                            Your smack is weak! Do you require a translator??
                            I wasn't asking for an extended sentence of...."weak". I was asking for you to tell us how Alphonso Smith was worth the 14th overall pick. Or.....just admit that it was a blown draft choice.

Comment

I wasn't asking for an extended sentence of...."weak". I was asking for you to tell us how Alphonso Smith was worth the 14th overall pick. Or.....just admit that it was a blown draft choice.
                              I'll humour you because you come across as 'slow'.
                              The reason your smack is weak is because it is FAR too EARLY to tell whether we 'reached' or not. We will find out at the end of this season. I stand by EVERYTHING McDaniels has done with this team so i will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X