No announcement yet.

Top 10 NFL Draft Busts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statistically Leaf will be ahead (or behind ) Russell because the Raiders have someone waiting in the shadows as soon as Russell messes up.

In terms of who’s the bigger bust, there’s no clear cut answer. Leaf is notorious for “KNOCK IT OFFFFF!” while Russell is fat and lazy. Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      Statistically Leaf will be ahead (or behind ) Russell because the Raiders have someone waiting in the shadows as soon as Russell messes up.

In terms of who’s the bigger bust, there’s no clear cut answer. Leaf is notorious for “KNOCK IT OFFFFF!” while Russell is fat and lazy. Take your pick.
      I look at it like this:
      Leaf was considered to be a cant miss sure thing, while there were questions about JMarc @ #1, butin typical Al Davis fashion, they snagged him anyway. So I say, The Raiders did a worse job by drafting Russell (Bolts had NO CHOICE), while Leaf is the actual Bigger Bust.
      sigpic

Thanks Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by Lyghts Out View Post
        Wheres JMarc on that list?
        That's what I said he will be in that list eventually.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lyghts Out View Post
          I look at it like this:
          Leaf was considered to be a cant miss sure thing, while there were questions about JMarc @ #1, butin typical Al Davis fashion, they snagged him anyway. So I say, The Raiders did a worse job by drafting Russell (Bolts had NO CHOICE), while Leaf is the actual Bigger Bust.
          Sure, there were a ton of questions, there always are. The overwhelming opinion was that you can pick up Matt Leinarts in every draft, but a QB like Russell only comes around every ten years or so. BTW, these were the guys who also said that there hasn't been a RB like Reggie Bush come out since Barry Sanders.

One thing that's important to remember is what happened to communication between the times that Leaf and Russell were drafted. When Leaf was drafted, very few had a voice and media was one way and very quiet. When Russell was drafted, media went in multiple directions and the level of noise had risen considerably.
          Last edited by SLVR and Black; 04-19-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

The drafting of leaf lead us to be very weary of picking up a QB at #1 again. Which is why we traded out of #1 and picked up LT instead of vick. So im thankful for ryan leaf in a way.

For some reason i dont think al will have the same kind of luck.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X