No announcement yet.

Best Trophy Polishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So being the only afc team to win there division every year since 06 doesnt rank us with Pats and Ravens..... ok we are not an elite team ....just make sure we get a little credit this year if we some how manage to make the playoffs and play among the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
      First I said I am on the fence with the Ravens. They did make the AFCCG with a rookie QB just two seasons ago. The Pats I give some slack to because of Brady's injury. If you remember correctly the year Brady was out they still won 11 games(3 more than the Dolts that season BTW) with a backup QB. Last year was Brady's first year back so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Now, if they don't live up to expectations of an elite team again then I probably won't think of them as such. You can't deny that when you think of teams with a chance to win the SB you don't think of the Pats.
      SD has 5 division titles in 6 years, only Indy matches that.

SD has 5 PO appearances in 6 years, only Indy and NE match that.

SD has multiple playoff wins.

Lets take it to past 3 years if you want.

SD has 3 PO appearances, only Indy matches.
      SD has 3 division titles, most in the NFL
      SD has 3 playoff wins past 3 years. Only NYG has more in that span.
      SD has 1 conference championship appearance no one has more.

Yes they lack a SB win and appearance. But I'd say that's elite.

Otherwise you are saying past 3 years only PIT, NYG and NO are elite. But NO missed the playoffs 07 and 08. PIT and NYG missed the playoffs in 09 and both went 1 and done in 07 or 08.

The question is how in the world is SD not leading the march of elite teams. They are the most consistent. Not to mention youngest of all these teams other than maybe INDY!

Comment

Wait...

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        We have Trophys why would I be bitter? This is the smack section of the forums.Take off the panties and high heels, put on some pants and boots the crap gets deep around these parts.
        ...I'm a girl and a Bronco fan so I'd be knee deep in WHAT?!?!?! But I say the Broncos trophies are the shiniest...I mean the only way the Chargers get close to one is when we hire them for 10 cents an hour to do polish work.
        Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Originally posted by KS-BroncoGirl View Post
          the only way the Chargers get close to one is when we hire them for 10 cents an hour to do polish work.
          sigpic

Thanks Charger$

Comment

Let's be real here, the Chargers have been an elite team since the start of the 2008 season. They're just not an elite playoff team, far from it.

Comment

I wasn't aware that Elite teams can't win in the playoffs.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                Let's be real here, the Chargers have been an elite team since the start of the 2008 season. They're just not an elite playoff team, far from it.
                08?? More like 04.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                  08?? More like 04.
                  No, 2008 is correct.

In 2004, you were coming off an 8 year playoff drought. One year, especially after a one and done at home, does not make you elite. Elite teams have to be established for at least back to back seasons without a possibility of falling off the next year.

Now I would've said since 2006, but the Chargers were "The best team not to make the playoffs" after 2005. That's not elite.

I would probably say it started in 2007, but definitely not before. But even then after getting rid of Marty and hiring a questionable coach, the word elite was not mentioned. Just the words "very good football team."

Comment

Working...
                  X