Charger fans hiding their fear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Kinda like the Chargers do every playoffs? They realize they're the Chargers and can't possibly win it all so even elite players like Rivers decide to suck it up.
    Until we win it all, I have to concur.
    sigpic

Thanks Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by Lyghts Out View Post
      That picture you stole from World of Warcraft is much scarier than anything on your VERY limited roster.

p.s., we still get to pick in the upcoming drafts too!!!!
      I found the pic by googleing (a word?) with the words nightmare and red eyes.

It's cool you play an online game though bro. Lots of folks do. I can't say I've tried it, but my son did play it for awhile.

I actually, wouldn't mind a horse like that on our helmet!

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        since rivers got the #1 job at qb, kc's been our main rival, oakland 2nd, denver 3rd

despite denver beating us last year, oakland always seems to play us close of late, while denver gets blown the hell out every once in a while

you beat us in sd by 11 (thanks basically to two special teams tds)...what did we do to you in denver again?....oh yeah...32-3 asskicking

beat us 32-3 or anything to 3 in our house, then come see me

we've held you to only a fg in your own house...multiple times recently

denver's had another good offseason IMO (aside from losing nolan which was baffling) but sd fans still worry about kc more than you guys
        I really do see a four way race this year. Oakland & KC are going to surprise a lot of people.
        If all four teams are competetive, it bods well for a champion to rise from the division.

On the other hand, if one team is dominant and the others cream puffs, the division champ will be wilt in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by gorky View Post
          I really do see a four way race this year.
          No smack, what makes you feel that the Broncos will be competitive this year? On the plus side, they got rid of a cancer, but they also got rid of a heck of a DC and players like Dawkins aren't getting any younger. I'm seriously interested in your take.

Ok, since this is a smack forum and all... Broncos suck.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
            No smack, what makes you feel that the Broncos will be competitive this year? On the plus side, they got rid of a cancer, but they also got rid of a heck of a DC and players like Dawkins aren't getting any younger. I'm seriously interested in your take.

Ok, since this is a smack forum and all... Broncos suck.
            Raiders suck

Ok, now that that's out of the way, on to the question.

1) While we did blow the last half of the season, we were a playoff team for the first half. You cannot discount those wins.

2) There was a lot of coaching and player changes last year. Josh had to teach the whole team his new scheme's. This year, it's adding and expanding on what was learned the first year. From that aspect, we will be better.

3) Orton, will be in his second year, and will be more comfortable. (Yes, even without his security blanket BM.) In a weird sense, not having Marshall might cut down on his interceptions. He tried to fixate on Marshall to much, as did Cutler. Now DB & safties will no longer converge to Marshall's area. So Orton will be throwing to guys probably single covered. That is easier to do, albeit the receiver won't be able to snag the ball over the heads like Marshall could.

4) I have a feeling that we are going to strike gold in this draft! (Pure speculation, but then again so is predicting a season.)

5) I don't see Champ or Dawkins lossing much this year. Soon maybe, but not this year.

6) The loss of Nolan does hurt, but our new DC has promised to keep the scheme very much the same, yet his version is more aggressive with QB pressures and blitz's. I like that. Nothing worse than a defense that reacts to the offense. (Prevent defense can die a slow painful death.)

7) I see Royal bouncing back. The team needs him too, and with Marshall gone, now is his time to shine. (Hint, hint fantasy football)

Comment

Working...
            X