Straight out of Crompton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Everything Tebow has is BETTER than Rivers. Every single measurable. You can't even suggest that Rivers throws the ball better cause we all know that his action resembles that of a 8 year old girl. Its true.

Tebow >>>>>>Rivers on EVERY single physical level.
    Tebow>>>>>>>Rivers on a mental level

Right now all we have to go on are college careers.

Tebow>>>>>Rivers College careers.

Sorry Rod. You cant smack the greatest college player of all time with off the chart measurables, attitude and winning mentality. Tebow will own the AFCW.
    I can always depend on you to display stupidity.

Rivers is superior to Tebow in every way possible as a QB. Better form, delivery, accuracy, reading defenses, bigger arm, better throwing motion, better fundamentals.

He's also tougher than Tebow.

He's a better leader and more clutch and football smarter.

I'm a huge Tebow fan, but comparing him to Rivers is flat out stupid, other than mobility which means nothing. He is more athletic and it ends abruptly there.

Tebow would be considered a success in 97% of the worlds eyes as a QB if he turned out to be 1/4 the QB Rivers is, based on low expectations.

Comment

I disagree, Rivers WAS a project. Horrendous throwing motion, average pocket presence, average footwork, zero speed. His leadership was good along with winning mentality. People criticize Tebow because of the senior bowl. One lousy performance in a career distinguished by success. They pulled him apart and that is a big mistake. Tebow has won at every single level. The NFL will be no different.
      His throwing motion was hardly horrendous and didn't have anyone trying to tweak it or change it. Rivers has multiple deliveries with a side and over arm, blazing release and text book arm placement to release transition. Rivers pocket presence is one of his greatest assets and has been. His footwork in the pocket is good as well. He plants his legs, steps into his throws and that's why he has such a blazing fast release and deadly accuracy.

Tebow will struggle in the NFL. He isn't playing with the best talent in the NFL like he did college, where Florida was so much better than everyone. He isn't playing in a shotgun offense, he will need to take snaps from under center and just him tweaking his throwing motion, most important asset for a QB after his whole life being used to throwing it a certain way will be a huge transition.

You only wish, on every star you see at night Tebow or any QB Den drafts for the rest of their existence turns out to be the QB Rivers is. Who has been historically good the past 2 years and not even in his prime with no help in the running game.

Comment

I'm not sure he will get us to the SB but i think in the AFCW right now there is really only ONE QB (Not Russell)lol. I believe Tebow's determination and ability will give him every opportunity to own this league.
        You are right, there is only ONE QB in the AFCW, it's Rivers.. Everyone else pales in comparison, not just in the AFCW though, so cheer up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
          His throwing motion was hardly horrendous and didn't have anyone trying to tweak it or change it.
          I'm guessing that, if you look at him 5 years from now, his throwing motion will likely be different than it is now -- mechanics are something that QB's are always working on. Look at him when he was in college vs now, you'll see that his feet were much sloppier and slower and he carries the ball much lower than he does today. Technique something that needs to be monitored and refined at all times, the process never stops. The real kicker is that, when you change one thing, often times other things regress. BTW, I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to QB technique but these are pretty basic.

His footwork in the pocket is good as well. He plants his legs, steps into his throws and that's why he has such a blazing fast release and deadly accuracy.
          Uhmmm, there's a heck of a lot more to footwork that merely planting feet while throwing. If it weren't that way, even little Dougie, the third grade kid who still wets his pants, would manage to achieve Rivers level competence.

Comment

Looking for pointers?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
              Tebow is no more of a project QB than Philip Rivers was. At least Tebow had the work ethic to fix his throwing motion, unlike Rivers who has the throwing motion of a 6 year old girl.
              Your analysis, comparison, and opinion represented in this one post is a summary of why nobody on the Smack Board respects you. Save this crap for the GD board.

Comment

Rivers is superior to Tebow in every way possible as a QB. Better form, delivery, accuracy, reading defenses, bigger arm, better throwing motion, better fundamentals.

He's also tougher than Tebow.

He's a better leader and more clutch and football smarter.

I'm a huge Tebow fan, but comparing him to Rivers is flat out stupid, other than mobility which means nothing. He is more athletic and it ends abruptly there.

Tebow would be considered a success in 97% of the worlds eyes as a QB if he turned out to be 1/4 the QB Rivers is, based on low expectations.
                I can always depend on you to make ignorant statements.

Tebow>>>>>Rivers toughness
                Tebow>>>>>Rivers leadership

It's not even close Rod.

Comment

I can always depend on you to make ignorant statements.

Tebow>>>>>Rivers toughness
                  Tebow>>>>>Rivers leadership

It's not even close Rod.
                  You are right it's not even close in River's favor and I think 98% of the world would agree, other than 2% of delusional Den fans.

Rivers is 10 times the QB Tebow has ever been or ever will be. Plain and simple, live with it and stop crying.

Comment

Working...
                  X